• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Town gossip dialog thread causes game crush

I d like to ask any1 playing Build 14 patch 2.2 check out Grand Cayman tavern, i have Bartolomeo o Portugues standing there (in all storylines) with error in dialog. I just want to know if its just my problem or u met him as well...

What is his purpose of standing there? Is it supposed to be part of quest or what?

See applied screenshot...

Attachments

• dialog error.jpg
    dialog error.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 55
Can you trigger the Bartolomeu dialog bug with error logging enabled? After it occurred, is there an error.log generated? If so, please post it.

Done.

Error log:

COMPILE ERROR - file: Locations\locations_locators.c; line: 120
file not found: dialogs\ENGLISH\Bartolomeu o Portugues_dialog.h
COMPILE ERROR - file: Locations\locations_locators.c; line: 120
file not found: dialogs\Bartolomeu o Portugues_dialog.c

Attachments

• compile.log
    16 KB · Views: 57
  • system.log
    25.1 KB · Views: 75
  • error.log
    252 bytes · Views: 57
Ah! What storyline are you playing? Jack Sparrow? I think I understand the problem: the character of Bartolomeu is initialized in ALL storylines, but his actual story is only in the Standard one.
So that character is not supposed to be there at all and would be working fine in the Standard storyline, where he's supposed to be.
Code solution: remove "Bartolomeu o Portugues" and also "Txiki Pijuan" from PROGRAM\Characters\Officers.c . This requires a new game to be started to take effect.
He doesn't do any harm being there though, so you can best ignore him to prevent having to start all over.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this one to light! Will be sorted in the next modpack release. :doff

He may have been put there on purpose, because i believe there was a plan at some point to copy all the sidequests from the original plotline over to the other ones. Then again, it's probably just a mistake.

Ah! What storyline are you playing? Jack Sparrow? I think I understand the problem: the character of Bartolomeu is initialized in ALL storylines, but his actual story is only in the Standard one. So that character is not supposed to be there at all and would be working fine in the Standard storyline, where he's supposed to be. Code solution: remove "Bartolomeu o Portugues" and also "Txiki Pijuan" from PROGRAM\Characters\Officers.c . This requires a new game to be started to take effect. He doesn't do any harm being there though, so you can best ignore him to prevent having to start all over. Anyway, thanks for bringing this one to light! Will be sorted in the next modpack release. :doff
Thanks, ill try it. BTW original plotline - Legend of sea Hawk?
Update: i cant find any lines related to Bartolomeo in officers.c file... Uploading it if would like to check this out

Attachments

• officers.c
    9.2 KB · Views: 62
This is confusing. I found Bart O Port in: program/characters/init/officers.c. would removing him from there remove him from the game completely?

Back