• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Town gossip dialog thread causes game crush

Tyrael

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,
i have Build 14 beta 2.1 installed above clean PotC game, everything looks fine, but each time i try to find out the latest gossip in town (bartender dialog) game engine crush...

I tried to reinstall the game, now i m downloading beta 2.2 and try it out, but im not sure that will help. Any ideas how this problem can be solved?

PS Win 7, x64

Eh? My alleged memory says there was a problem with that when it was first introduced, but it was fixed right away. It always works fine for me.

Which town indeed? It could be his dialog line is too long, which crashes the game.

Well i ve tried Jack Sparrow storyline and Jack Aubrey start, for both 1st bartender's dialog caused game crush, for some reason when i installed beta 2.2 i succeed with gossip dialog but later error came back...

And btw i ve also got some missing dialogs like on the applied screenshot... Any guess?

Attachments

• dialog error.jpg
    dialog error.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 78
Can you enable error logging as per the FAQ (see link in my signature) and post the error.log file that is generated after this occurs here please?

Here are the files... AFAIK it looks like the game cannot load textures for gossip dialog... And what about missing dialog text with Bartolomeo (see above)?

Attachments

• system.log
    545 bytes · Views: 80
  • compile.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 65
I d like to explain how i ve installed the mod:
1. Installed clear PotC game in D:/Games/PotC
2. Extracted Build 14 beta 2.1 to D:/Games/PotC
3. run RunMe.bat
4. Extracted Build 14 beta 2.2 to D:/Games/PotC
5. run another RunMe.bat

So i d like to know if i get it wrong and made a mistake while installing the mod... Thanks

Try switching back to original colours, that blue choose may prove a lil too much for any tavern barn-visitor. Go on then, order an alembic rimfull of luke tea, we's waiting for the retort. ..they do this in England, the very sloshy tip-toeing the surface on top a straw-strewn stable. Ahh, hear, listen to a roofish gym of ice-walkers. Chuckle tha'

Try switching back to original colours, that blue choose may prove a lil too much for any tavern barn-visitor. Go on then, order an alembic rimfull of luke tea, we's waiting for the retort. ..they do this in England, the very sloshy tip-toeing the surface on top a straw-strewn stable. Ahh, hear, listen to a roofish gym of ice-walkers. Chuckle tha'

Sry thats something above my understanding in english... As i got that, u suggest to switch blue interface to brown. I did that and still got a crush...

ney, effectually speaking about rumours -like you said, songbird, eh Capm- and a sky so bright. Got a shower of scandals again on above-mentioned sleight-of-hand. Hey, that trick works fine for me... In all signs and freaktion, good looks, mate. Scratch yer slightly in a week :wp oyster-whistler

I think my problem got solved by reinstalling patch 2.2 above existing game... Now i have empty rumors list when talk to bartender... Is that correct?

But i still have an issue to discuss. I cant make classic see radar to work in Jack Sparrow storyline (i tried to switch settings for arcade/realistic mod and new- and old-looking interface... No result, but when i start another storyline (Aubrey's for example) radar looks fine.

See applied image for my current radar view... Is it possible to change it?

Attachments

• radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 68
You need to own a compass for the proper radar to show up. Aubrey starts off with one by default, which is why the radar looks fine.

Thanks!
And what about currupted dialog with Bartolomeo (see pic above)? Is it confirmed problem or its just me who got this bug?

Where are you when talking to Bart O Port? In his side quest in the Sea Hawk storyline he works fine for me.

he s in the tavern at the very begining of Sparrow's storyline (where you met thomas the terror b4 leaving the island

Isn't Barphonolulu the geezer what throws up merely thinking about a breeze in a baph-tub? could well be that me starts that very game and tell no-one.

..is there such a person? Sparrow could use some cannon-fodder.

Confucius is fishing for worlds...

Back