• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stock Game music gone?

L0M3N

Sailor
has it been replaced?
There is a song I really like
you can hear it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnjMLTum-IQ
at 6:57 in the video.
And I was wondering if I can get it back.
Because I'm fairly sure I haven't heard it
in my game. Also there is probably other stock music I miss.
It would be cool if I could listen to the old and new music and pick the tracks I like best.

Being at sea, I cannot actually view that video to check which track it is.

From what I can deduce from my playing experience, specific music tracks have been assigned to different islands/towns. The track that you like might be "attached" to another Island/town in the game. That's what I noticed anyway :shrug

The music you want is called Gorod-1 and can be found in your POTC----> resource---->sounds---->music folder. Just click on it and it should play.

My favorite is Enplavanie.

You can check on what music is played where by going to POTC---->program---->sound---->alias---->music_standard.c and that will show you what sounds are played where.

In the video that song plays at Oxbay town.
I loaded up patch 5 and went to Speighstown and the music was different... :shrug

There's more than one track used and they're cycled through. You should get the other track next time.

I'm getting the same song every time.
I could swear I haven't heard Gorod 1
in years. I don't think it actually gets used anymore.
edit* doh maybe its because Speightstown is owned by the French in my game...
im gonna start a new game and see what the music is.

edit*2 so the music went from being Fra town to Eng town.
still have yet to hear the stock song.
I believe the nationality town music has replaced
the song I like completely.
Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

I don't play the stock music on any of my installs, so can neither confirm or deny this.

But, if you go into your music_standard.c I believe you could change the music played at any location. Backup first!

I'm getting the same song every time.
I could swear I haven't heard Gorod 1
in years. I don't think it actually gets used anymore.
edit* doh maybe its because Speightstown is owned by the French in my game...
im gonna start a new game and see what the music is.

edit*2 so the music went from being Fra town to Eng town.
still have yet to hear the stock song.
I believe the nationality town music has replaced
the song I like completely.
Can anyone else confirm or deny this?
I confirm! I haven't heard it neither for years. :urgh

Could someone post their stock Build 14 music_standard.c? I don't have a stock one, but do have a possible idea.

Just a little hint if you want to hear all the music that plays in specific locations.
I think it's a little kind of a bug or something but this one is a good bug :D . I call him Jukebox bug ;) (maybe it's more like an unintended feature. :onya )

Open your charakter menu by pressing "F2" then left click on your charakters name or your ships name. The music immediately switches to the next track which was defined for this location. You don't have to change your name. Just press "Esc" to return to the game. So you can hear all the music that was defined for jungle or tavern or sea battle and so on. :dance

Indeed I noticed that also. Not a bug per se, I suppose, but a bit of a weird side-effect of the name-change mod anyway. :razz

And it's not a bad enough "bug" to bother trying to sort out either. :no

Back