• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Soundtrack availability

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
I didn't find any accessible music files in the New Horizons Remastered game folder. Is there any way to buy or download them for personal use? I enjoyed the OST even though it's quite short.

Is the music in "New Horizons Remastered" the same as the music in "Hearts of Oak"? Some of the "Hearts of Oak" music is now in PoTC, imported by @The Nameless Pirate with permission from the composers. When you start PoTC, go to the "Options" menu and look for "Sounds". One of the settings in "Sounds" is "Music Scheme", and one of the music scheme choices is "Hearts of Oak".

Thanks for the replies, but let's say I'd like to use this music outside of the game. Would it be fine to copy it?

Thanks for the replies, but let's say I'd like to use this music outside of the game. Would it be fine to copy it?
Hey there.

I am one of the composers.
What kind of outside use are we talking about?

Hey there.

I am one of the composers.
What kind of outside use are we talking about?
Just adding them to my personal game soundtracks collection on my PC and phone. Great work by the way.

I've been discussing with @Pieter Boelen about uploading this entire OST on YouTube, so we could make one song per video and upload them weekly.

Bandcamp is another good option but I would stick to YouTube for the moment since there is a pretty fine base of subscribers already in there.

Any thoughts on that? I believe we would need the WAV files for better audio quality.

Just adding them to my personal game soundtracks collection on my PC and phone. Great work by the way.
I would not have a problem with that at all - as long as they never appear on any released game or get published or uploaded - free or for a charge - anywhere without my consent. :keith

To all who are in this conversation::read
I do agree with @Tempesta that uploading those that the different composers agree to uploading to f.ex YouTube is a good idea as it would make it accessible to those who want to listen to it. And if you still want is as a file on your computer you could just rip from YouTube.:wp

Personally though - I would want to upload my music to my own gamesmusic channel - but if you are making a playlist that will comprise of the music that originally was meant for Hearts of Oak, you can still add it into that.:pirates

I just don't want YT versions of my creations all over the place. I actually do monetize my music and report those who upload my music on YT without my concent. :aar

I'd rather have them click on my video than someone else's... But playlist are of course fine - and I couldn't have done anything with that even if I wanted to - which I don't... :rofl

I would not have a problem with that at all - as long as they never appear on any released game or get published or uploaded - free or for a charge - anywhere without my consent. :keith

To all who are in this conversation::read
I do agree with @Tempesta
Personally though - I would want to upload my music to my own gamesmusic channel - but if you are making a playlist that will comprise of the music that originally was meant for Hearts of Oak, you can still add it into that.:pirates

I just don't want YT versions of my creations all over the place. I actually do monetize my music and report those who upload my music on YT without my concent. :aar
:rofl

That makes a lot of sense actually and I totally respect your preference of keeping your songs to your own channel.
But of course, this will change our idea to have the same video format for every song...

However, we still have the option to make a playlist in the PA! YouTube and then add Flannery's videos to it.
I could do the same thing uploading my songs to my new YouTube channel (it will serve me as a good promo btw :p)

As for the rest of the songs, they would need to be posted on the PA! channel in order to complete the FULL soundtrack.

Let me know your thoughts! :wp

It is your right to want your music on your own channels, of course.
Maybe @Tempesta can still make the videos as planned; but we coordinate their posting across the various involved channels.

Does mean less visibility for the main PA! YT channel, but so be it.
Your rights come first.

It is your right to want your music on your own channels, of course.
Maybe @Tempesta can still make the videos as planned; but we coordinate their posting across the various involved channels.

Does mean less visibility for the main PA! YT channel, but so be it.
Your rights come first.

I want my music for my channel anyway - so it would be posted there regardless. And that means that it would be two places if its also uploaded to YT through the PA channel. Two places is one too many in my eyes and unnecessary.

PA would have to put all the videos in a Soundtrack playlist anyway - regardless of where the video was uploaded, so why not just do is as intended, and also add the video from my channel in that playlist. It would help the visibility of both channels.

Those who click on that playlist will already be in the PA channel...

PA would have to put all the videos in a Soundtrack playlist anyway - regardless of where the video was uploaded, so why not just do is as intended, and also add the video from my channel in that playlist. It would help the visibility of both channels.

Those who click on that playlist will already be in the PA channel...
Sounds like a plan. :woot

Does that mean you'll be uploading @Tempesta's music video of your main theme soon?
Then we can get started! :cheers

By the way, your signature doesn't link anywhere.
If you want to give something else extra visibility, that's a nice place to do it. ;)

@Flannery feel free to check the first video HERE. You should be able to download the file.

Of course, you are also free to make your own video if for whatever reason it doesn't meet your expectations. No strings attached :)

Does that mean you'll be uploading @Tempesta's music video of your main theme soon?
Then we can get started! :cheers

By the way, your signature doesn't link anywhere.
If you want to give something else extra visibility, that's a nice place to do it. ;)
Hmm... I am not quite sure I understand what you mean...

Did you do a video @Tempesta?
I am truly sorry if I am missing something here as I have not been following this development closely...

I am truly sorry for not being more alert and following up that other thread sooner. I now understand better what you were trying to do and that my absence has been slowing you down.

I hope you can forgive me @Tempesta.
You've done great work and of course I approve of your video :cheers

I was going to create a video of my own for the piece in regards to my own channel - as I was not aware you guys hade gone forward with this work (which is truly only my own lazy fault :rofl
)

So ill rather then let you use the video as is and you can just upload it to the PA YouTube channel.

I was going to redo allot of the recording for the piece - and do a new mix and master before done - and I won't have time for that until after I'm done with the Buccaneer Soundtrack. So thats not gonna happen until this fall when I'm in my new home and new studio, and the the Buccaneer Soundtrack has been released.

If I choose to then do that updated version I'll just put up the new version on my own channel - and leave the original on PA YouTube.

How does that sound?

I was going to redo allot of the recording for the piece - and do a new mix and master before done - and I won't have time for that until after I'm done with the Buccaneer Soundtrack. So thats not gonna happen until this fall when I'm in my new home and new studio, and the the Buccaneer Soundtrack has been released.

If I choose to then do that updated version I'll just put up the new version on my own channel - and leave the original on PA YouTube.

How does that sound?
So to summarize... we can just proceed with the original plan?
That being, uploading all videos to the PA! channel?

We can always delete them once you upload better ones of your own; and swap them out in the playlist.
That should be no problem.

But at least, in the meantime, we could get some more visibility to our community here.
And I hope, by extension, that means more visibility for everything being shared here, which includes of course Buccaneers!

Back