• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Some audio issues with PoTC music pack track "I Don't Think Now is The Best Time" in ship battle

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
With the PoTC music pack, I'm experiencing an audio issue with one segment of a track with I believe is the one in the title; i.e. the one that plays when Beckett's ship, the HMS Endeavor, is being attacked in the 3rd movie. I know the music from different tracks are tied into ship battle music, except that when this particular segment playsduring a ship battle, the audio gets really choppy if I'm using that term correctly. It doesn't flow smoothly like other segments of the ship battle music in this pack. Just something small, but affects immersion nevertheless when you are in an epic battle with epic music, then a small issue with audio happens.

I'm not using time compression as well during the battles when this particular segment comes on, as I've noticed audio problems when you speed up time greatly on the sea. For the past 3 times I've tested the segment detailed above, the same sound issues occur and at the same times in the track even when running at normal time.

I'm not sure if it something on my end and I'm blowing this out of proportion, or if it's some issue with the music itself.

you only got it with this particular song? Sounds to me (pun intended) that this song is of higer/lower quality then the rest and therefor causing errors. Can you compare the bitrate etc from the different songs to see if they match up and maybe spot a difference?

Can somsone confirm this Problem?

Now this is old as hell, but after returning to the game after a few months I'll probably redo the music myself but in the highest quality I can. I've already done the track that I was concerned with, just got to test it yet.

From what I've seen it's increasing the game speed that messes up this track. I made a version in higher quality and mine got messed up even more when increasing the game speed. As long as I don't increase it too much it runs fine, along with the quality improvements I made, although I haven't tried x3 for the duration yet. Turn it up to x20 and it cuts off entirely at some point (mine that is - the other just got messed up even when turning down the game speed back down. Mine stayed cut-off even when turning down the game speed). Hearing other tracks from the music pack is fine and in decent quality, so I might not bother with them. Just seems to be this particular track which causes problems when turning the game speed up. Maybe it's too epic for the game to handle, lol.

Anyway, I still need to test the original at x1, but this is just what I've noticed.

Back