• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Skills

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Something that cought my eye just recently. My luck, and my melee seem to have ajusted, even though I don't have any skill items relating to them (according to my inventory). I picked up a dead albatross once, (nothing for melee), switched over to playing with realistic items, but my luck is still 3-1, and my melee 4-6. I went from real items, back to stock, then back to realstic. Thing is, the dead albatross does not show in my inventory after picking it up and switching to stock, then back to realistic. I don't even know where this melee bonus has come from. All I have are some scales and a normal compass for skills. I'm confused :?

Are you playing patch 6 or patch 7-2 WIP? In patch 6 items like the ruby can pump up your melee skills. It has been a looong time since I last made the mistake of picking up the albatross, so I don't remember the numbers. All I remember is it is really bad to have and hard to get rid of.

Patch 7 WIP 2. I picked up the albatros the second time because I was probably drunk at the time, ha ha. 1st time I had one, I just put it in some random chest I found. Doesn't show up in my inventory now. And like I said, I have no melee related items in my inventory. Patch or no patch. Stock items or realistic items. Maybe they where hidden away with the albatross? Who knows. I can't find them, and this luck penalty is a pain, or at least can become a pain.

Sorry I thought you still had the albatross. :mm

The exchange at the apothacary is done through the dialog ( not through the inventory screen )

:cheers

Well it appeared as if I had the albatross, as I still got the penalty, but it wasn't in my inventory. I went to that guy, and couldn't figure how you exchanged an albatross. He gave me this list of items I had to find for this special medicene or something, but I couldn't see a dead albatross as a requirement. So my guess is if you are not carrying an albatross, you don't get the dialogue for exchanging the albatross alone? Never done it before, so I wouldn't know.

What do you actually get for an albatross anyway? All I've done for that guy at the apotheracy is gather some stuff for +11 max health.

What do you actually get for an albatross anyway? All I've done for that guy at the apotheracy is gather some stuff for +11 max health.

You get some special medications in exchange for the albatross - a jar of leeches :urgh

A jar of leeches... :8q

I think I bought a few jars of them actually. 200 gold I think. Anyway, I doubt I'll be going after those special items again. I spent a while trying to find them all...Also to touch on something. I could not exchange the items because I needed 3000 gold. But I had like 60k gold in crew money. So apparently you can not do it unless you have at least 3000 in personal money. Is there an actual way to transfer crew money to personal money? That would have it's uses.

11 HP? that sounds awfully meagre compared to the effort needed to get those items.

well... taking money from the crew for yourself doesn't seem like the nicest thing to do. however, i have noticed oddities between those two different kinds of money. i unfortunately don't know what caused it, but my personal money once all got transferred to crew money by itself, leaving me with some trouble with purchasing things. or it was the other way round, i don't remember. i'll look into it some more when i find it again.

We could make the apothecary HP increase a bit more worthwhile and/or the items a bit easier to find.
If anyone's got any specific thoughts on the matter, we can see about getting this done. :yes

well, if the boost is big enough, the items don't need to become more common. admittedly, i've only found 3 out of 4 items for quite a while, but it doesn't always stay that way. i rather like trying to collect a set of obscure items.

After realising that the boost wasn't all that great, I think I remember going to the Maltese Abbey crypt, found one of those vents that give you extra max HP, and constantly kept running into it. My max health was rising at a rapid pace, and after 5 minutes, my max health was already super high for my level. Just a side note on an exploit I found.

LOL! At least the Abbey works again, eh?

What kind of boost would you reckon would be worth it?
I vaguely recall the boost depending now on your player level.

if you'd want to properly determine the boost you'd get from the apothecary, you'd have to look at the level at which most people have those 4 items. since they have a certain level requirement before they spawn, this shouldn't be too hard. look at the requirements, calculate how much hp the player would have at that level, raise it a little to account for low spawn chances, and determine the boost from that.

Lets say, for every level, it rises in 3's from 15 at level 1.
Level 1- 15+
Level 2-18+
Level 3-21+
Level 21-45+

Or if that is too much, use jumps of 2's. I haven't tested the fact that you level has anything to do with it, so i might find that out the next time I get the items. Although it is too low nevertheless. I thought of that quickly, but as long as that exploit with the vents in the Maltese crypt still stands, collecting those items for the apothercary is pretty much redundant when you can gain infinate max HP by running into the vents infinite times. Although you could dispipline youself into not using the exploit :dance

All the medication items are minlevel 1, so they could show up straight away.
They do have varying rarity values. Maybe their rarities should be equal so that you would,
on average, find all of them as frequently as the others.
Code:
  n = InitApothItem(n,"meds1",    "",    "AS",4,  0.40,  1,  150,    0, 0, 0,   0,   0.0,          1,0,1);// Meds 1
n = InitApothItem(n,"meds2",    "",    "AS",6,  0.30,  1,  250,    0, 0, 0,   0,   0.0,          1,0,1);// Meds 2
n = InitApothItem(n,"meds3",    "",    "AS",5,  0.20,  1,  350,    0, 0, 0,   0,   0.0,          1,0,1);// Meds 3
n = InitApothItem(n,"meds4",    "",    "AS",3,  0.10,  1,  400,    0, 0, 0,   0,   0.0,          1,0,1);// Meds 4

This is the increase it is coded to give:
LDH --> 31AUG06 changes for 10% increase for 500 per character level

Maybay that explains why I got 3 bottles of that Lindinum (or whatever that navy blue bottle is called) and nothing else :shrug

Back