• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to note re: land crew equipping form the weapons locker. No weapons in the locker they equip a cutlass. I put three good bosun's choice and three different firearms in as a test. Took three crew ashore and they equipped a cutlass and one of the firearms. Then we got into a melee on land. They all fought with the Bosun's choice but no one fired a gun. Two died and when I looted their corpses they had no firearms and a cutlass. The one who died had lost his firearm and was carrying a cutlass again. Now I think it is fine to equip them from the weapons locker, but after they have done it they should re-equip from the locker after a melee, right?
That sounds SO confused! Uhm... @Jack Rackham? Any thoughts? o_O

Btw I liked the locked abilities they worked well except the two that were tied to the broken fetch quests.
I liked ALL those changes I took out. And it is definitely my intention to bring them back.
Once they're fixed and finished, that is.

Further proof that the whole weapons locker -- crew firing weapons -- crew getting weapons is FUBAR: I loaded the weapons locker with 15 high quality blades and 8 assorted fire arms. Boarded enemy vessel on crew killed picked up his weapon and it was a cutlass no firearm. When I checked back in the weapons locker it was totally empty exception the ammunition stored there at the beginning of the game.

On another matter I think the low officers are set to low.

I haven't seen this. When I loot my own dead in bordings they always seem to have the best equipment on them. I don't really notice them using the guns much however.

Jason, is this with my fix of 10 june installed?
About landcrew: even when my fix works they looses their weapons when reloading to another location from the start port.

About landcrew: even when my fix works they looses their weapons when reloading to another location from the start port.
That would very quickly use up all your weapons, no? Can we return their weapons to the locker before reloading to the next location?

I have no idea Pieter, searched for a while to fix it but couldn't find where (in the files) it happens.
The problem was there already before my fix.

I'm busy to finish Tortuga at the moment...

Uh? They ALWAYS lost their weapons even before? Then how did people manage to equip them at all? :shock

Pieter,

Jack is wrong. The weapons you put in the chest stayed in the chest, it never emptied once you loaded it. You equipped the land crew with weapons from your inventory and they kept them. A land crew member died his replacement. Carried the same weapons his predecessor did.

The situation we have now is far worse from a game play point of view than when we had the crew not using firearms. In the good old days, you equipped your land crew from your inventory, the boarding crew equipped from the weapons locker and everyone used firearms.

It would be nice if we could just go back to that code.

Jack if your June 10 fix is in 3.3 that is the game I am playing. Since I have never had these issues before I think your fix or the part of it that has land crews equipping from the weapons locker is at the heart of this problem.

Probably most importantly, in 3.2 from May, there non of these weapons locker problems. No crew were using fire arms but the equipping worked fine for both land and boarding crew.

Last edited:
The version I added the fix to was an install from 16 maj. I don't think the fix has been added to any official version yet.
True Pieter? :confused:

I did add your fix to the Beta 3.3 WIP file. The weaponslocker from land crew is only one line.
PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_init.c:
Code:
EquipFromLocker(crew);     //JRH
Does removing that line make things better again?

Jason, you were right I was wrong. I caused the lost weapons.

Removing that line resets the landcrew to the earlier case.
Give them weapons manually: they'll keep their weapons when reloading to another location
but they don't ever fire their guns.

I'll continue to find a solution for that.

Locked perks are fine provided they remain optional, controlled by a variable. That way we can take them or leave them, so everyone is happy. But please don't put back "improved" perks in which several are permanently blocked, overriding the "REALISTIC_ABILITIES" variable.

Perks costing more than one Ability point is fine, again provided you can change it with a variable so anyone can take it or leave it. Personally, I'm quite happy with perks which are expensive but not locked, which is part of why I like Beta 3.1. :)

One fix which I don't see in the list is Pieter Boelen's fix for the Black Pearl to give you the uncursed version when you capture her. Can that be put back?

Do you want my revised dialogs for "Horatio Hornblower" again?

It seems I have fallen behind the wave while away. I am going to make a new install for beta 3.3 wip2. Is there anything I should also add?

Locked perks are fine provided they remain optional, controlled by a variable. That way we can take them or leave them, so everyone is happy. But please don't put back "improved" perks in which several are permanently blocked, overriding the "REALISTIC_ABILITIES" variable.

Perks costing more than one Ability point is fine, again provided you can change it with a variable so anyone can take it or leave it. Personally, I'm quite happy with perks which are expensive but not locked, which is part of why I like Beta 3.1. :)
Both already have toggles:
Code:
#define PERK_MULTIPLIER           0     // FLOAT - Default = 1, Perks are set to cost base value*multiplier. Set to 0 to have everything be cost 1
#define   ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS         0     // BOOL    - Default = 1, If 1 perks can be locked. If 0 no perks can be locked.
The Beta 3.3 WIP version doesn't actually remove either feature; it just switches them off by default.

"Permanently blocked" perks are definitely unintentional. That'll have to be fixed properly some time soon.

One fix which I don't see in the list is Pieter Boelen's fix for the Black Pearl to give you the uncursed version when you capture her. Can that be put back?
That one is actually included, but I didn't bother adding it to the Change Log because it was a rather obscure mistake being fixed. :facepalm

Do you want my revised dialogs for "Horatio Hornblower" again?
Indeed, please upload those again. I may have included those already, but I can't remember now. Better be sure!

Well in the old days the got the ammo automatically after you gave them a pistol.

I got this WIP running and this new install is running much much better than my old install. Maybe 30 fps better in fact! It's really smooth and there have been no errors so far.

yeah very good pieter got to say that this is much better then the old version not saying it was bad but well done mate.

Hi Pieter you know how i want to make my own storyline well i got a team but i have this file here what you could put in the next update so here it is its not finshed but i just want to see it in the new update.

Attachments

• Edmond Hansard Storyline.rar
    148.6 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back