• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Latest update now includes all New Locations, as well as an adapted and updated Brave Black Flag storyline.

Download: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release-candidate.24486/

Change Log:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.3:
- "New Horizons Tutorials & History.pdf" updated by Thagarr
- Code Updates:
  . Land Crew equips automatically by Jack Rackham
  . Pirates don't trade if you have a Letter of Marque from another nation by Pieter Boelen, idea by Jason Maffettone
  . Lower Officer Levels by Jason Maffettone
  . Added 7 skill items, 3 armor types, 2 pistols and 1 blade by Jason Maffettone
  . Can purchase the "Famous Pirates Collection" from all tailor shops by Jason Maffettone
  . Captured Captain dialog clarified by Skyworm
  . Custom Player Type removed for Auto Skill System
  . Curse of Cortez ONLY active in Arcade Game Mode
  . Various pistols modified for realism by Jason Maffettone
  . Flush ship upgrade replaced with Corsair Refit by Jason Maffettone
  . Money check for salary crew modified by Levis
  . Realistic Abilities code modified to be more flexible by Pieter Boelen
  . Reduced log messages depending on Logs Toggle to reduce screen clutter by Pieter Boelen
  . Sell All Loot button always keeps one Spade and Pickaxe for Treasure Hunting by Pieter Boelen
  . Godmode applies to ALL methods of receiving character damage by Pieter Boelen
- Bug Fixes:
  . Character Encounter Code returned to Beta 3 state
  . WorldMap Encounter Code returned to Beta 3 state
  . Dynamic Economy returned to Beta 3 state
  . Crew Fires Pistols Again (simplified code) by Jack Rackham
  . Morale drop on Divide the Plunder mode fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Officiant dialog fixed by Jack Rackham
  . Books properly contribute skill points by Pieter Boelen
  . Deck textures after capturing Black Pearl fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Tortuga Fast Travel fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Blackjack no more doubling up after overshooting 21 by Levis
  . Receiving Promotion Ships fixed by Grey Roger and Pieter Boelen
  . Shipyard Interface prices corrected and exploits through upgrades fixed by Levis
  . Nation relation changes after Town Capture fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Cannot Hoist/Lower Sails fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Fix for Bonaire No Save Monk missing in Assassin and Bartolomeu storylines by Pieter Boelen
  . Musket Bullets no longer show up during the wrong time periods by Pieter Boelen
  . Weird internal code error for store initialization fixed by Levis
  . Cannot Loot Corpses under "Go to Ship" Icon fixed by Levis
  . Looting after talk with Maltese Knight corpse fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Side Quests:
  > Help the Church: Father Bernard dialog fixed by ANSEL
  > Girl Won in a Card Game: Joseph Claude le Moigne dialog adapted to fix Amnesty not Given by Levis
  > Capture the Corvette: Adapted for relevant time periods in Devlin and La Croix storylines by Skyworm
  > Bartolomeu o Portugues: Main character replaced in Brave Black Flag and Standard storyline by Bartolomeu o Portugues
  . Standard storyline
  > Missing tailor after French invasion of Speightstown fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline:
  > Peter Willemoes dialog corrected by ANSEL
  . Bartolomeu o Portugues Storyline:
  > Missing Cecile Bienbonne dialog added by Hylie Pistof
  . Assassin Storyline:
  > Brothel Mod permanently enabled by Pieter Boelen
  > Dialogs improved by Grey Roger
  . Hornblower Storyline:
  > Dialogs improved by Grey Roger
  . Woodes Rogers by Jack Rackham:
  > Sell All Loot button disabled when selling items to 5 pirate captains
  > Vane and co. had too little money
  > Textures fixed on shipyard3
  > Church_choir: you could press F3 "too fast", and get stuck
  > Better fight with 3 thugs on Nevis Pirate Settlement roofs: Musketoon no longer kills all 3 at once
  . Gold-Bug Storyline:
  > New WIP content included by Jack Rackham
- Model and Texture Updates:
  . Improvements to Fleuts, Fast Galleons, NL_SevenProvincien, HeavyLineship, WallerPinnace, NL_PinnaceofWar47, Battleships, Belette and Fragata Latina by Hylie Pistof
  . Added 12 new character models by Jason Maffettone
  . "Iceni Queen" custom ship texture added by Jason Maffettone
  . Irish Harp and Smoking Pirate Skull flags added by Jason Maffettone

Original Opening Post:
3.2 introduces new stuff such as locked perks, "fetch" quests which are necessary to unlock some of them and which don't work, a modified encounter system which means pirates never appear on the worldmap, and a modified economy which makes it next to impossible to make a profit as an honest trader or smuggler. I tried it, then went back to 3.1. :p
That sounds like a reasonable summary, so I have now done what I could to temporarily remove all that new stuff from my game.
The result runs, but I haven't done any sort of in-depth testing on it.

Anyway, extract this on top of Build 14 Beta 3.2 to add all the latest fixes and remove all the controversial new features:
1. Beta 3.2: Using the Installer EXE and 7-Zip Archive
2. Beta 3.3 WIP: http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3-3_wip3.exe

Let me know how this works! If this does seem more playable,
we can see about putting the new stuff back in one by one and fixing things along the way.

Here's to hoping! :cheers

Last edited:
:dance

Umm, new game required? I am at level 39 and have a ship in my fleet that has not been released yet, so might want to be able to keep what I have now.

Umm, new game required? I am at level 39 and have a ship in my fleet that has not been released yet, so might want to be able to keep what I have now.
I would indeed recommend a new game. I even enforced it, though it might work on a previous savegame. Maybe, perhaps....

PROBLEM: I installed and tested out the main story. All works well until I go back to my ship and go to sea. Once I do this I am not in the bay but out in an open area with no "Sail To" option available and when I go to the world map the game crashes.

Just checked-out the other storylines--They all do it. As soon as you leave your ship deck to go to sea you are in an open sea area and the game crashes when you go to the world map...

Attachments

• logs.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 217
Just checked-out the other storylines--They all do it. As soon as you leave your ship deck to go to sea you are in an open sea area and the game crashes when you go to the world map...
Uh?
Code:
Mistake island id into store:  id=FalaiseDeFleur
Mistake island id into store:  id=Redmond
Mistake island id into store:  id=Oxbay
Mistake island id into store:  id=Oxbay
Mistake island id into store:  id=IslaMuelle
Mistake island id into store:  id=Douwesen
Mistake island id into store:  id=Conceicao
Mistake island id into store:  id=Conceicao
Mistake island id into store:  id=QuebradasCostillas
Mistake island id into store:  id=Turks
Mistake island id into store:  id=Hispaniola
Mistake island id into store:  id=Cayman
Mistake island id into store:  id=Guadeloupe
Mistake island id into store:  id=Cuba
Mistake island id into store:  id=Antigua
Mistake island id into store:  id=SaintMartin
Mistake island id into store:  id=SaintMartin
Mistake island id into store:  id=Cuba
Mistake island id into store:  id=QuebradasCostillas
Mistake island id into store:  id=Curacao
Mistake island id into store:  id=Eleuthera
Mistake island id into store:  id=Aruba
Mistake island id into store:  id=Eleuthera
Mistake island id into store:  id=Colombia
And:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: islands\islands_init.c; line: 83
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Undeclared identifier: ISLAND_WORKTYPE_SPICES
But I just checked and in the 7-Zip file I uploaded, that last line is NOT in the included islands_init.c! So I've got no clue how you managed this.
I just tried my own Beta 3.3 WIP installation and it appears to work fine. Can you try to download and install the file from the opening post again?

yeah the ships dont work so i cant pick any ships well i can but not all of them.
Ship selection works as it should here. :shrug

yeah nice but pieter where are the new staff i dont see anything new. :(
I wasn't talking about anything new, was I? Perhaps sorting out the Beta 3.2 gameplay issues is more important? Perhaps? :whipa

Actually, I did sneak the new Merchant Pinnace in there, but didn't have time yesterday to set up a full Change Log.

Will do, Peter. I'll make a fresh install of the game and build 14.3.2 as well, perhaps something got screwy. I've never touched islands_init.c though.

Opening post updated. New version included with some extra stuff and a Change Log this time. :doff

Okay, seems to work now... Installed the super graphics this time. Not sure I call it an improvement though it may just be that I need to get used to it. Does seem a little sharper but there is a werd glow to everything that I find disquieting, lol.

BTW: I notice the roll indicator is gone from the storms, is that one of the things that got pulled?

BTW: I notice the roll indicator is gone from the storms, is that one of the things that got pulled?
Uhm... No. That should still be there. Still saw it earlier today. Though I do believe there is a bug where it doesn't always show up when it should. (And sometimes does show up when it shouldn't. :facepalm )

Ugh... o_O Off to make my own mods compliant now. I'll post updated links for 3.3 versions of the new uniforms and firearms.

I'm still working on the Holland and Portugal naval uniforms but they should be ready in a week. I expect to have 25 new models in total by the time I'm finished, I have most of the textures done.

Ugh... o_O Off to make my own mods compliant now. I'll post updated links for 3.3 versions of the new uniforms and firearms.
I can sort out compatibility later. Just don't want to get caught up adding new stuff yet.
Actually, I've got some new stuff already, but am holding off until we've got our gameplay base sorted.

I'm still working on the Holland and Portugal naval uniforms but they should be ready in a week. I expect to have 25 new models in total by the time I'm finished, I have most of the textures done.
No rush. I've got quite a bit on my plate still. :wp

I can sort out compatibility later. Just don't want to get caught up adding new stuff yet.
Actually, I've got some new stuff already, but am holding off until we've got our gameplay base sorted.

Understood, but I want to use them myself plus it will be easier on you if you don't have to comb through the files for missing/extra data down the road.

No rush. I've got quite a bit on my plate still. :wp
We want a midshipman, lieutenant, captain, and admiral for each, correct?

Something to note re: land crew equipping form the weapons locker. No weapons in the locker they equip a cutlass. I put three good bosun's choice and three different firearms in as a test. Took three crew ashore and they equipped a cutlass and one of the firearms. Then we got into a melee on land. They all fought with the Bosun's choice but no one fired a gun. Two died and when I looted their corpses they had no firearms and a cutlass. The one who died had lost his firearm and was carrying a cutlass again. Now I think it is fine to equip them from the weapons locker, but after they have done it they should re-equip from the locker after a melee, right?

Btw I liked the locked abilities they worked well except the two that were tied to the broken fetch quests.

As always your efforts are greatly appreciated. :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back