• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

Can anyone tell me what is the status of the sailorspoints files for the added ships in the Combined Modpack?
When trying to convert some to PotC, I noticed many don't match up properly with their ships.
Is it the same in CoAS? Which files ARE good? And is there any plans on making more?

Can anyone tell me what is the status of the sailorspoints files for the added ships in the Combined Modpack?
When trying to convert some to PotC, I noticed many don't match up properly with their ships.
Is it the same in CoAS? Which files ARE good? And is there any plans on making more?

Pieter, there are still quit a few ships that have messed up sailorpoints in CoAS CM V3.1.5 such as the HMS Interceptor. I don't know exactly how many, but that sounds like something I can work on. :nk

I just had my windows 7 crash on me (I get some message about "bootmgr being compressed" at boot-up) and only have the Mac OSX side working right now but I plan to reinstall windows 7 and reinstall the came and mod. :modding

Then I will look at all 118 ships and see what ones need to be fixed. Do you know of a faster way of doing that other then starting a new game with every ship? :shrug

Then I can give you a definitive answer, does that sound good? ;)

You can use the PotC list of ships that still needs crew.
I ported all AoP/CoAS walk files to PotC for all ships that I could,
so all ships that are left don't have good walk files in CoAS either. :no

Well if you know coding a bit, you can do like this. Create a few character(5) and make them appear at a town. Then in the dialog of those 5 characters, give yourself a differente ship, from each of those characters. ei: Give a Barque to the first one then a lugger to the 2nd one, then a schooner to the 3rd one, etc... Once you done with one of them, talk to the next one to change your ship and work on it, once done again then talk to the 3rd character and work on his ship. That way it will be faster then restarting the game all the time.

In reaction_function.c. Input this coding
Code:
void Give_Ship()
{
ref sld;
sld = &Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dummy_1")];
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(sld, "BridgeTown_town", "goto", "goto22");
sld.Dialog.CurrentNode = "Give";
sld.Talker = 10;
LAi_SetStayTypeNoGroup(sld);

sld = &Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dummy_2")];
sld.Talker = 10;

sld = &Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dummy_3")];
sld.Talker = 10;

sld = &Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dummy_4")];
sld.Talker = 10;

sld = &Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dummy_5")];
sld.Talker = 10;
}

Then in the StoryCharacter.c file create 5 or 10 dummy like this.
Code:
makeref(ch,Characters[n]);
ch.name 			= ("Dummy");
ch.lastname 		= ("");
ch.id				= "Dummy_1";
ch.model			= "Chard2";
ch.sex 				= "man";
ch.Dialog.Filename 	= "Quest\Give_Ship_1_dialog.c";
ch.greeting 		= "Gr_Azzy";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
LAi_SetHuberStayType(ch);
LAi_SetImmortal(ch, true);
LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "ENGLAND_CITIZENS");
n = n + 1;

ch.name 			= ("Dummy");
ch.lastname 		= ("");
ch.id				= "Dummy_2";
ch.model			= "Chard2";
ch.sex 				= "man";
ch.Dialog.Filename 	= "Quest\Give_Ship_2_dialog.c";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
n = n + 1;

ch.name 			= ("Dummy");
ch.lastname 		= ("");
ch.id				= "Dummy_3";
ch.model			= "Chard2";
ch.sex 				= "man";
ch.Dialog.Filename 	= "Quest\Give_Ship_3_dialog.c";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
n = n + 1;

ch.name 			= ("Dummy");
ch.lastname 		= ("");
ch.id				= "Dummy_4";
ch.model			= "Chard2";
ch.sex 				= "man";
ch.Dialog.Filename 	= "Quest\Give_Ship_4_dialog.c";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
n = n + 1;

ch.name 			= ("Dummy");
ch.lastname 		= ("");
ch.id				= "Dummy_5";
ch.model			= "Chard2";
ch.sex 				= "man";
ch.Dialog.Filename 	= "Quest\Give_Ship_5_dialog.c";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
n = n + 1;

Then in Program\Dialogs\russian\Quest

Put the Give_Ship_dialog.c file in there

Then in Program\Text\Dialogs\Quest put the Give_Ship_dialog.h.

Both file will be at the bottom of the post.

Once you done this in the Give_Ship_dialog.c there will be a code like this:

Code:
Pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_FRIGATE, true);

Change the SHIP_FRIGATE, to the ship you wanted.

From all the character you create don't forget to make 5 or 10 copy of Give_Ship_dialog.c and change the Give_Ship_dialog.c to Give_Ship_1_dialog.c, Give_Ship_2_dialog.c etc... Same for Give_Ship_dialog.h. Don't forget in the StoryCharacter.c where you create those dummy to put the correct file for dialogs.

Hope this help.

View attachment Give_Ship_dialog.c

View attachment Give_Ship_dialog.h

Well Pieter always faster then me to answer, but just in case, I'll leave this here.
Cheers, :cheers

Why not use the console to execute that Pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_FRIGATE, true); line instead?

Then add it yourself! Seriously, it's very easy to do and it's INSANELY useful.
Especially for the type of things you seem to be doing!

Incase anyone here has not spotted I have been working on a list of ships that do and do not have the crew issues in COAS. This is the list so far:

Flying Dutchman (crew walking file seems to be for a totally different ship)
Enterprize (minor crew bug)
Intrepid
Interceptor (also a first person walk issue)
Indiaman
Heavy Caravel
Battle Corvette (terrible texture and old model, crew rigging issue)
Light Battleship
Heavy Warship
Dutch two-decker
Pinnance2
Amsterdam
Schooner (double checking)
Lineship
Yatch
Warship (minor bug)
Lineship3
12 Gun Cutter
War Pinnance
Endevour (I checked the files and there appears to be two models, one for the PotC SOL and the other, some sort of Frigate version too)
Spanish Fast Galleon
Ketch (Crew sunk into the deck)
Scooner Xebec (Crew walking above the deck)
Batavia (Crew sunk into the deck)

hear is my list of ships that have messed up sailor points, the ones who need profile pics and the ones that are fine.

#define SHIP_TARTANE fine
#define SHIP_WAR_TARTANE fine
#define SHIP_GUNBOAT fine
#define SHIP_BERMSLOOP fine
#define SHIP_EDINBURG Looks just like the Bounty
#define SHIP_CUTTER fine
#define SHIP_LUGGERVML fine
#define SHIP_HANNAH fine
#define SHIP_KETCH fine
#define SHIP_LUGGER fine
#define SHIP_PINK fine
#define SHIP_LUGGER_H What is the difference between this and the VML
#define SHIP_GALEOTH_H fine
#define SHIP_SLOOP fine
#define SHIP_YACHT guys walk on the outside of the ship/net climb?
#define SHIP_SPEEDY ?
#define SHIP_BOUNTY fine
#define SHIP_BARQUE fine
#define SHIP_COLONIALSCHOONER fine
#define SHIP_SHNYAVA fine
#define SHIP_SCHOONER fine
#define SHIP_XEBEC fine
#define SHIP_XEBEC_FRANCE messed up on the quarterdeck
#define SHIP_BRIGANTINE fine
#define SHIP_BRIG fine
#define SHIP_BARKENTINE fine
#define SHIP_INTERCEPTOR all messed up
#define SHIP_FLEUT fine
#define SHIP_BATTLEXEBEC fine
#define SHIP_BRIG_20_GUN1_18 all messed up
#define SHIP_PINNACE fine
#define SHIP_SOPHIE fine
#define SHIP_GALEON_L fine
#define SHIP_FLEUT2 None?
#define SHIP_FLEUT4_50 Messed up aft and quarterdeck
#define SHIP_HOOKER1 in the deck/ looks identical to the schooner
#define SHIP_BRIG_N1 None/ Missing tackle texture/ no pic
#define SHIP_USS_ENTERPRISE fine
#define SHIP_PO_FLEUT50 None / No pic
#define SHIP_HANNAH_P ?
#define SHIP_BRIG3 No pic
#define SHIP_PACKET_BRIG fine
#define SHIP_ENTERPRISE in the deck
#define SHIP_SLOOPOFWAR fine
#define SHIP_PINNACE3_50 messed up
#define SHIP_PINNACE2 messed up
#define SHIP_WAR_PINNACE messed up / Indefatigable
#define SHIP_CARAVEL fine
#define SHIP_CORVETTE5 Hull looks really light
#define SHIP_CARAVEL2 messed up
#define SHIP_XEBECAS fine
#define SHIP_PINNACE11 messed up fore and aft
#define SHIP_BLACKANGEL messed up on the quarterdeck / huge rails on QD look stupid
#define SHIP_BATTLECORVETTE Hall is light / looks just like CORVETTE5
#define SHIP_BATAVIA2 all messed up
#define SHIP_CRIMSONBLOOD messed up aft
#define SHIP_BATAVIA in the deck
#define SHIP_THEBLACKPEARL fine
#define SHIP_BLACKPEARL fine
#define SHIP_SURPRISE fine
#define SHIP_TWODECKER1_47 all messed up
#define SHIP_CORVFRIG2_50 no pic
#define SHIP_GREYHOUND AWESOME!!!
#define SHIP_CORVETTE fine
#define SHIP_LYDIA all messed up
#define SHIP_JAMAICASHIP fine
#define SHIP_GALEON fine
#define SHIP_NIGHTMARE fine
#define SHIP_COLONIALFRIGATE fine
#define SHIP_BOUSSOLE Verry Nice
#define SHIP_LIGHTFRIGATE fine
#define SHIP_LINESHIP47 in the deck
#define SHIP_AMSTERDAM all messed up
#define SHIP_GALEON_H fine
#define SHIP_ENDEAVOUR all messed up
#define SHIP_FASTGALLEON1 no pic
#define SHIP_MERMAIDGRIEF fine
#define SHIP_BATTLEFRIGATE fine
#define SHIP_FEARLESS fine
#define SHIP_FRIGATE_SAT fine
#define SHIP_FRIGATE fine
#define SHIP_MORDAUNT fine
#define SHIP_SALAMANDER fine
#define SHIP_FLEUTOFWAR34G all messed up / no pic
#define SHIP_GALEON1 None / no pic
#define SHIP_CONSTITUTION fine
#define SHIP_INDIAMAN fine
#define SHIP_LA_LICORNE fine
#define SHIP_LINESHIP5 all messed up
#define SHIP_LINESHIP messed up aft
#define SHIP_WARGALLEON2 looks like the mordount
#define SHIP_CURSEDDUTCHMAN a little messed up / no pic
#define SHIP_RN_BATTLEFRIGATE no pic
#define SHIP_DUTCHLINESHIP very nice
#define SHIP_LINESHIPHEAVY messed up forward
#define SHIP_WARSHIP 95
#define SHIP_COURONNE messed up forward
#define SHIP_SEVENPROVINCIEN all messed up / missing textures
#define SHIP_HEAVYWARSHIP all messed up
#define SHIP_BATTLESHIP fine
#define SHIP_BELLONA fine
#define SHIP_LINEARSHIP fine
#define SHIP_SHARK fine
#define SHIP_INTREPIDE all messed up
#define SHIP_FR_SUPERIORWARSHIP1 all messed up / missing allot of textures
#define SHIP_BATTLESHIP1 no pic
#define SHIP_SUPERBE ?
#define SHIP_MANOWAR_FAST a little messed up
#define SHIP_MANOWAR fine
#define SHIP_BATTLEMANOWAR fine
#define SHIP_MANOW50_GUB fine
#define SHIP_VICTORY Very Nice
#define SHIP_SOLEILROYAL Very Nice
#define SHIP_SOLEYRU fine
#define SHIP_BRIGQEEN Very Nice / why is this small ship in this class?
#define SHIP_BRIGSW Very Nice / why is this small ship in this class?
#define SHIP_XebekVML Blubird
#define SHIP_CORVETTE_QUEST All Messed up
#define SHIP_ARABELLA fine
#define SHIP_FLYINGDUTCHMAN fine

Some of those ships are based on stock AoP/CoAS ship models and should be very easily fixed.
I found that the SHIP_EDINBURG sailorspoints file DID match up pretty well with the ship; probably one of the only new ones that does.
Try to use the new conversion file to convert as much from PotC as you can!

Some of those ships are based on stock AoP/CoAS ship models and should be very easily fixed.
I found that the SHIP_EDINBURG sailorspoints file DID match up pretty well with the ship; probably one of the only new ones that does.
Try to use the new conversion file to convert as much from PotC as you can!

I I. :doff

Am I correct in assuming a lot of the fairly worse textured/modelled smaller vessels will be removed soon in the next patches so only the latest, good and fixed/working models are ingame?

Nope not yet bud, we are replacing them with the later additions though. The Ketch has replced the old Ketch which was like the Cutter. If the guy's are in no rush to release the patch. 2 ships was removed Pinnace2 and Pinnace Of war but for some reason the game started playing up saying ship XX has no name so it couldn't be generated yet the ships had been removed from every file.

If the guy's are willing to hold back on releasing the patch for a week then i will get to work on removing some of the ships that are not needed or are old models. We have a list of ships we can work from thanks to Craiggo so we can see which direction we need to go.

Ah man, I liked Pinnace2. I agree it's a little clunky lookin, but it's one of Yo Ho Ho's earlier ships. Maybe pgargon will make us a couple new Pinnaces/ small Dutch Frigates. Those types of ships would've been extremely common during the 17th century. Many folks don't realize that the Dutch Republic owned 80 percent of the worlds ships at that time and were building or providing shipwrights to build the majority of ships in other countries that were primarily of the Dutch style/type. The cessation of hostilities that occured with the 12 year truce during the 80 Years War between Spain and Holland was mainly because Spain was shriveling up without the trade and ships that Holland had provided.

Pgargon asked that I provide him pictures, plans and examples of 17th century ships, because he thought he'd built enough 18th century ones and wanted to start building 17th century ships. I'm going to build a small frigate/Pinnaceship file for pgargon in the hope he may want to build one or two new Pinnace ships or small 17th cent Frigates.

EDIT: Two additional files created illustrating 17th Century Dutch pattern Pinnaces and Frigates Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49225014@N05/sets/

MK

Nope not yet bud, we are replacing them with the later additions though. The Ketch has replced the old Ketch which was like the Cutter. If the guy's are in no rush to release the patch. 2 ships was removed Pinnace2 and Pinnace Of war but for some reason the game started playing up saying ship XX has no name so it couldn't be generated yet the ships had been removed from every file.

If the guy's are willing to hold back on releasing the patch for a week then i will get to work on removing some of the ships that are not needed or are old models. We have a list of ships we can work from thanks to Craiggo so we can see which direction we need to go.

Hey MK, been a while since we spoke. Hope everythings good for you and your having fun with COAS. :onya

Well if the finding for this cannon bug are true then the Pinnace's might not need removing. The reason for them originally to be removed was because there was so many in the same class, i even changed the War Galleon to Pinnace Of War since it looked like a Pinnace but has mounted 56 (i think) guns and is in a higher class. We'll find out after the ships cannons have been tested where we stand, i would personally replace than remove the ships buts thats because of the hours spent porting them over and the more ships there are the less common one ships is over the others when been generated at sea. But we can't keep adding ships we have to draw the line some where and CM is already getting to large for people to download so with that and the fact that we must keep a respectable size cap on the mod its obvious the only way to go is to remove what could have been better or what we have more than 1 of like the Batavia's and the Heavy Lugger/ Lugger VML. cutting the Xebec's down to just 1 ship and the quest version (after all they wasn't used in the carabbean).

Trying to keep the Fleut's, Galleon's and Pinnace's so one to two ships per class. The cannons have already had a going over with major changes to them. What makes this mod so big is the fact that each ship has 3 hull folders for there textures. This was good for the fact that we wouldn't have the same problem like POTC has where its 1 ship = 1 texture but those hull folders can get drastically increase the size of the mods. One way to combat this would be to upload the ships and characters etc in a seperate mod, then update that model with the changes as and when they have been made and only the mod/patch carries the text files and files like that. But then that would require both the ship mod and the CMV X.X mod/patch to be downloaded all the time so we would only be corsing more confussion. Lets get this cannon testing done and see where we stand then, hopefully we can sneak our way around some of the trade ships. ;)

Understand completely Luke ole buddy.

Everything's fine on my end. Apologies for the hiatus. I'm completely moved into my new place in VA and enjoying the new job. Thanks for asking. Been busier than I thought I'd be, but I will admit I got sucked into Warband: Mount and Blade. The game is not nearly as immersive as I'd hoped, but is great fun, has some excellent mods and I played through a couple times before missing COAS. I also hurt myself pretty badly in a blackpowder reinactment accident. A 16th Century replica matchlock smoothbore that I've fired hundreds of times (looked a lot like the one OP brought into the mod) blew up and came apart in my face. Lucky to be alive and have a nice big piratey lookin scar across my forehead above my right eye now where the breachplug layed me open to the bone. Lot's of stiches, splinters, powder burns and powder tattoo.

As far as ships are concerned, I would recommend Nightmare, Salamander, and Mermaid Grief for removal. The ships are historically questionable and not pretty. A couple of the old POTC large warships are really ugly and historically questionable as well. I will see what we are calling them now and let you know. The Pinnaces have varying degrees of historical accuracy and aesthetic beauty, but are way better than the ships I just mentioned.

One other thing I will mention for consideration from a historical perspective: while I love all the Fluyts we have, you would not have seen a lot of them in tha Carribean. They were extremely common and popular at the time, but were dominant in the North Sea, Baltic trade and Mediterranean. Their design and sailing characteristics made them undesireable for long trans ocean passages. They weren't common in the East Indies either.

Just my two cents. I'll shut my yap now.

MK

Hey MK, been a while since we spoke. Hope everythings good for you and your having fun with COAS. :onya

Well if the finding for this cannon bug are true then the Pinnace's might not need removing. The reason for them originally to be removed was because there was so many in the same class, i even changed the War Galleon to Pinnace Of War since it looked like a Pinnace but has mounted 56 (i think) guns and is in a higher class. We'll find out after the ships cannons have been tested where we stand, i would personally replace than remove the ships buts thats because of the hours spent porting them over and the more ships there are the less common one ships is over the others when been generated at sea. But we can't keep adding ships we have to draw the line some where and CM is already getting to large for people to download so with that and the fact that we must keep a respectable size cap on the mod its obvious the only way to go is to remove what could have been better or what we have more than 1 of like the Batavia's and the Heavy Lugger/ Lugger VML. cutting the Xebec's down to just 1 ship and the quest version (after all they wasn't used in the carabbean).

Trying to keep the Fleut's, Galleon's and Pinnace's so one to two ships per class. The cannons have already had a going over with major changes to them. What makes this mod so big is the fact that each ship has 3 hull folders for there textures. This was good for the fact that we wouldn't have the same problem like POTC has where its 1 ship = 1 texture but those hull folders can get drastically increase the size of the mods. One way to combat this would be to upload the ships and characters etc in a seperate mod, then update that model with the changes as and when they have been made and only the mod/patch carries the text files and files like that. But then that would require both the ship mod and the CMV X.X mod/patch to be downloaded all the time so we would only be corsing more confussion. Lets get this cannon testing done and see where we stand then, hopefully we can sneak our way around some of the trade ships. ;)

^^ True, removing ships from previous games, as more new come, is a must. There is a discrepancy in quality, especially between the old potc ships and the realistic custom made model-like ships in the mods.... About the historical accuracy, Caravels and 19th century frigates don't mix up either. If anyone wants my opinion, I would say:
There is a finite number of types of ships during the age of sail:
Sailing barge (Bermuda rigged)
Schooners (for and aft sail)
Brigantines (Square rigged forward mast, for and aft rigged aft)
Brigs (Square rigged both masts)
Barques (Usually squared rigged and 3masted)
Corvettes
Frigates
Ships of the line
By the 18th century almost all ships could be categorized in one of the above. In the game you could have 1-2 variations in each of the above, like minor changes in guns and size, and color.
If I understand correctly in the new CM you categorized all ships by the number of cannons they carry, following the British navy's tactics. This is more of a military thing than anything else. Plus by the time of the Napoleonic wars and the battles of the 1st of June, Amboukir and Trafalgar, the vast majority of all navies were compromised by 38 gun frigates, and 74gun Ships of the line.

We've had similar discussions before, but I've always tried to steer us to staying as close to the 17th century (Golden Age of Piracy era) as possible. Piracy was almost dead by Napoleanic times. There are really three distinct eras where historically "classical" or "traditional" piracy is concerned.

1) Colonial expansion (1580-1640). Piracy was more Privateering really and echoed the race for empire and Religious struggles between Spain and her protestant antagonists (England and Holland). The Oostend privateers and the Sea Beggars are archtypal examples. The Dutch seizure of Brazil and settlement of Islands that were by decree of the Pope supposed to be Spanish or Portuguese, the English seizure of Jamaica and founding of Belize are food for the imagination in our awesome game. The Battle of San Juan Ulloa in the Carribean is a great and very dramiatic illustration of this struggle. This is why many on our group still want the earlier ships in game, because this is their era (playground).

2) Freebooters and Bucaneers (1640-1692) This era is again set by happenings in Europe in the way of the Anglo-Dutch wars which were totally economically driven. France's rise to power under the Sun King and Richelieu and their desire to build naval power that could rival the Dutch and English models made for huge privateering ventures that were the making of pirate Gentlemen like Sir Henry Morgan. DeRuyter himself was sent on a mission of raiding and distruction in the Carribean after the English tried to seize the Dutch Smyrna Convoy (Mediterranean Levant Trading Fleet). He took back New York (Amsterdam) for the Dutch even on his way back. This constant war caused a huge lack of organized governance in the Caribean colonies. This coupled by disposessed seaman out of work between wars caused Piracy to run rampant with completely independent Pirate towns/sanctuaries rising unchallenged. This era really ended with the death of Charles II of England and the Dutch Coup/ Invasion of England with Prince Stadtholder William III now being the King of England as well. The combined English and Dutch fleets then effectively destroyed French naval power during the Nine Year War. Effective reestablishment of control and improved administration caused Piracy to decline and wane. This leads us to the third era.

3) Yankee Piracy (1700-1730) Only the islands of Burmuda really persisted in Piracy and this was exacerbated as all the out of work seamen and soldiers from the European wars made their way west now to seek opportunity with peace established. The problem was that there wasn't enough legal opportunity for everyone. The Yankee traders had already began to outdo everyone else in terms of shipbuilding and trading and by 1720 were estimated to have acounted for 50% of the worlds ships (albeit owned by England at the time). So you had ripe targets on well established routes on the way back and forth between the American East Coast and Carribean and London. In addition the Spanish plate fleets were still going back and forth between Cadiz and the Carribean. These later pirates are some of the most famous like Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, and Jean Lafette, but they also mostly had very short careers and compared to the pirates of the earlier eras frankly "small timers".

For players of our game it's important to have ships from all these eras in our sandbox to allow our imaginations to go wild. I think historical accuracy needs to drive our decision making. I'd rather see Xebecs ( a Mediterranean ship) go before Pinnace2 which is really a pretty neat historically accurate ship. There would've been thousands of ships just like her (each one slightly different in size shape and decoration; which is why I love variety to expand immersive realism) they would've been alone and in convoy and there's your typical prize if you had something that could catch them and outman/gun them. That ship frankly fits all three eras fairly well. In the game I'm currently playing, I have two of them escorted by a Dutch Line Ship which resembles her little cousins.

One other consideration. Don't want to sign Luke up for two versions again. He's done that before! :modding But folks that are going to play our game consistently over time are usually geeks and have the ability and patience to deal with a big mod. You've heard me say it before and I will say it again. More is better. That is my opinion. If we had a Mod "LITE" and a Mod Heavy, guys that are challenged with connections and platforms that cannot handle the big mod could still play in the sand box, but the rest of us that want our cake and to eat it too could have everything. :cheeky

MK

^^ True, removing ships from previous games, as more new come, is a must. There is a discrepancy in quality, especially between the old potc ships and the realistic custom made model-like ships in the mods.... About the historical accuracy, Caravels and 19th century frigates don't mix up either. If anyone wants my opinion, I would say:
There is a finite number of types of ships during the age of sail:
Sailing barge (Bermuda rigged)
Schooners (for and aft sail)
Brigantines (Square rigged forward mast, for and aft rigged aft)
Brigs (Square rigged both masts)
Barques (Usually squared rigged and 3masted)
Corvettes
Frigates
Ships of the line
By the 18th century almost all ships could be categorized in one of the above. In the game you could have 1-2 variations in each of the above, like minor changes in guns and size, and color.
If I understand correctly in the new CM you categorized all ships by the number of cannons they carry, following the British navy's tactics. This is more of a military thing than anything else. Plus by the time of the Napoleonic wars and the battles of the 1st of June, Amboukir and Trafalgar, the vast majority of all navies were compromised by 38 gun frigates, and 74gun Ships of the line.

How things stand right now is.
Lugger VML
Xebec
Battle Xebec
Schooner Xebec
Batavia 1 or 2 (i don't think there is a difference between them)
Boussole (this is identical to Surprise)
Edinbourg (same model as the Bounty)
Enterprise (we don't need 2 of them)

Those ships are on the list to go, that would leave the XebecAS as the only Xebec you will see generated both at sea and at shipyards the other Xebec is obviously the quest Xebec aka Blue Bird.

The Lugger VML is a copy of the Heavy Lugger and like i said the Batavia 1 and 2 i believe are identical so one of them can go. Thats 7 ships on the list so far, this part will take a very long time at least 2 to 3 weeks so i think its would be done after the release of CMV3.2.

Well MK you beat me to it, i was actually going to make a lite version, the lite version would perhaps most likely be the base for the mods with the heavy version been updated as and when ships are added or replaced. I'm not sure there how it would all pan out, i guess we'll see how things progress you never know we could end up leaving it as it is and just replace the ships we no longer want rather than remove them. :shrug

Back