• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

Thank you. :onya

I think you can install the ship_init and all other files without the game crashing and then install 1 ship at a time that way. Not sure though.

A little something for you MK. :will

I give you the Batavia1, you want to know where we was going wrong with this ship MK, its so simple and over looked but starred us both in the faces it never crossed my mind it was something so simple. One of the things you have to do when porting any ship over to COAS is add the number 1 at the end of the ship model folder name and texture ship folder name also all GM files have to have the number 1 put at the end of the ships name right, well in this case Batavia1 already has that so neither of us thourght to add another1 or change the name in all files from Batavia1 to just Batavia which is what i did and here she is working and ported. Well you learn from mistakes and from many hours of testing things and searching for possible reasons. So when ever you come across a ship thats file name is XXX1 change or add the number 1 even if the ship already has that number there. Here are some pictures of Batavia AKA Batavia1

Edit:

Here is HMS Mordaunt, the Batavia1 problems have helped resolve the problem of porting Mordaunt over and now we get to sail this amazing ship. Now for pictures to enlighten the mood and to help relax me before i look at what else to port over. :D

Luke, You are once again the Master dread pirate ship porter of Doom!!! :cheers

What a couple of beautiful additions! I think I like Batavia1 better. Add another "1" :no :modding Do you remember I asked about that when I was attempting it and commented it just didn't make sense? I went back in after reading your post and changed the textures with the additional 1 and she ported right in. That's like the ONLY thing I didn't try when I wasted that entire day. Oh well, I'm really glad you figured it out. It'll make the mod that much better to have them.

Are you almost done??? I am dying to get ahold of the completed Luke ubermod of doom. I have time to play this weekend and I want to start a new game with the mod.

Please let me know if I can help you. Things have slowed a bit here.

MK

Luke, You are once again the Master dread pirate ship porter of Doom!!! :cheers

What a couple of beautiful additions! I think I like Batavia1 better. Add another "1" :no :modding Do you remember I asked about that when I was attempting it and commented it just didn't make sense? I went back in after reading your post and changed the textures with the additional 1 and she ported right in. That's like the ONLY thing I didn't try when I wasted that entire day. Oh well, I'm really glad you figured it out. It'll make the mod that much better to have them.

Are you almost done??? I am dying to get ahold of the completed Luke ubermod of doom. I have time to play this weekend and I want to start a new game with the mod.

Please let me know if I can help you. Things have slowed a bit here.

MK

LOL, thanks. :onya

Yes i think its just about finished, i ported the LuggerVML over not knowing she was renamed Heavy Lugger for COAS, anyway she is in with similar stats, i like the wheel and the compose which i only noticed when testing isn't just a detail for the ship to look nicer but it actually works too. :will

I'm either going to upload the mod tonight or firsth thing in the morning, its about 2.7GB's now. :shock I've had a few game errors and i have looked at the files but i can't see what the problem is, i'm thinking maybe the shipsutility file needs to have some of the lines removed for the ships to be generated. I have placed in a few rands for the same ship to be generated but i noticed this also effects whats generated at sea because i have had a few navel conflicts where its been a several of the same ships. One example was i entered a battle with the pirates and i was in the Barquentine and the pirates all had Schooner Xebec's, 4 of them. 26 guns each, i couldn't sail away so i went straight through the centre of them firing chainshots into there rigging to slow them down so i could sail away, that plan worked, another time was again with pirates who has a 12 Gun Cutter and a Xebec, they sailed away as i panned the camera around to see what they was running from i saw 5 English ships all Two Deckers 32 gun ships. Now wounder they ran. So maybe thats why sometimesw the game closes and i get ship XXX couldn't be named messages. Because too may of the same ships are been generated at the same time. Apart from that the game play's very well, the main thing thats got to be done is the walk files need converting over to COAS sailorspoints files, which can take a long time.

So basically its testing and porting the walk files thats left to do. I don't think i'll port any more ships over now till these problems have been addressed.

Luke, I actually ran into the multiple same ships observation in your earlier version. No crashes though. I think it's actually kinda cool when I come across a convoy of three Amsterdams. :keith The only way to get through this is to get your latest version out there and let a bunch of us test it. Between all of us we will find fixes I'm certain. :onya
Looking forward to downloading it and again let me know if you need any help with it.

MK

I have made a few small edits to some ships the main one was the 12 Gun Cutter which was included in about 6 or 7 rands, so it was a regular ship to be generated at the shipyard, now i have made it so that and a few other ships in the early rands aren't in as many other rands either. I have uploaded the full combined LukeUber Mod xD: but it requires you to be a premium account holder because its over 1 GB so i will upload a mod called something like addon which will include all the new ships and won't take as long to download or extract. It has about 9 or 10 ships added to the game, its uploading now and should be ready for download very soon. :onya

Here you go this is the new ships combined addon part 1, reason for that been called part 1 is because i uploaded the full comined ships mod but you needed to have a premium account with Megaupload and so i have uploaded what is called an addon and only includes the latest ships to be ported over, this mod has 12 ships, Victory, Endevour, Batavia1 are a few of them. Testing needs to be done and some ships need to be fixed with textures been updated but thats out of my abilities range Walk files need to be converted over which anyone willing to give me a hand can this is for all new ships by the way thats about 40 to 50 ships in total. the ones Cong ported over have walk files already.

All Ships Combined Addon Part 1

Luke, I'm loving the Luke Ubermod of Awesomeness! :onya So far I've only had a couple of crashes in about 8 hours of play. Seeing and grabbing the new ships certainly adds a huge amount of additional realism that before now only POTC enjoyed. :will

There is one issue I'm noticing that baffles me. Has this happened to you or anyone else? Do you remember that annoying corrupt dialogue bug I found that dealt with the traders and rapers? Well I have it again with the combined mod and its not a matter of the game gradually having the problem. It happens in this case right after a full clean install and new game being started. :shrug The fix that I came up with in the earlier post: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14861-trader-stall-dialogue-issues/page__hl__rapers__fromsearch__1

does not work, which leads me to believe the bug in this cas is not in the dialogue files themselves but the implementation sequence line which I'm hunting through now.

If this is just me, maybe I didn't install in the correct order. Which order do you recommend for complete install of RTBL and all combined ported ships?

MK

I still cant get the mod to work.

When I load the game it just crashes and says "storm engine has stopped." This is so frustrating because I cant wait to sail and fight those new ships. I have the following mods installed: JsCombinedCodeMod, New ships Mod, characters Mod, my interface change mod as well as the textures mod. I tried reloading the JsCombinedCodeMod V 1.9 ships and the game loaded but I don't have any of your ships.

Can anyone help please! :mm

Luke, I'm loving the Luke Ubermod of Awesomeness! :onya So far I've only had a couple of crashes in about 8 hours of play. Seeing and grabbing the new ships certainly adds a huge amount of additional realism that before now only POTC enjoyed. :will

There is one issue I'm noticing that baffles me. Has this happened to you or anyone else? Do you remember that annoying corrupt dialogue bug I found that dealt with the traders and rapers? Well I have it again with the combined mod and its not a matter of the game gradually having the problem. It happens in this case right after a full clean install and new game being started. :shrug The fix that I came up with in the earlier post: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14861-trader-stall-dialogue-issues/page__hl__rapers__fromsearch__1

does not work, which leads me to believe the bug in this cas is not in the dialogue files themselves but the implementation sequence line which I'm hunting through now.

If this is just me, maybe I didn't install in the correct order. Which order do you recommend for complete install of RTBL and all combined ported ships?

MK

I've had a few times at the top of the screen ship XXXX couldn't be named. Not sure why that has happened i have looked to see what the problem was and i couldn't find it.

I still cant get the mod to work.

When I load the game it just crashes and says "storm engine has stopped." This is so frustrating because I cant wait to sail and fight those new ships. I have the following mods installed: JsCombinedCodeMod, New ships Mod, characters Mod, my interface change mod as well as the textures mod. I tried reloading the JsCombinedCodeMod V 1.9 ships and the game loaded but I don't have any of your ships.

Can anyone help please! :mm

The only thing i can suggest is installing a fresh install and try the mod again, i don't have any problems with the mod i never get storm engine error messages etc.

The best order to install the mods is.
All Ported Ships Combined Mod
All Ships Combined Addon Part 1
Real Time Battle Light Version 1.4.rar

Install them in that order and if you still have the game crashing try installing on a fresh instal, also install the mods manually. Hope that helps. :onya

Mates, I couldn't fix the dialogue problem manually but found a solution none-the-less since I just wanted to play. Here's how I solved it this morning... Using Lukes order as a guide, I installed RTBL 1.4 FIRST, not last. Then after I put all the other little mods I like in, I installed the JS characters mod on top. Not the JScombined - just the characters. My thoughts were that that mod would have clean, comprehensive, and complete dialogue files. It worked perfectly.

Luke, Mate you've outdone yourself. I've become a complete potato planted in front of my monitor. I haven't left the house or even gone outside all day. I am having FUN. My new game is going really well. I've seen and fought tons of new ships. The reoccurring ship phenomena we talked about that I refer to as the "convoy effect" where all the ships in a particular group are the same, has only happened twice today. I still think it's cool though. It was a little hokey at one point when I ran into a little pirate fleet consiting of 6 yachts only. It was fun tearing up Morgan junior and his little organized, disciplined pirate fleet. :dance

Thank you Mate! :onya

I'll say it again. While none of the stuff you and our little group of fellas helping you was extremely complex, it was extremely tedious and time consuming. I know we can all say we learned a lot. I know my way around the code pretty good now.

For your attention to detail alone, the time spent and the quality of the improvments in gameplay provided for COAS, I think they should give you modder status Luke.

I am in a pretty comfortable position where I can pretty much get myself anything I'd like for the holidays. This is better than any present I will receive.

Thanks Brother!!! You did it! And I for one think its a big deal. :warr :will

MK

Mates, I couldn't fix the dialogue problem manually but found a solution none-the-less since I just wanted to play. Here's how I solved it this morning... Using Lukes order as a guide, I installed RTBL 1.4 FIRST, not last. Then after I put all the other little mods I like in, I installed the JS characters mod on top. Not the JScombined - just the characters. My thoughts were that that mod would have clean, comprehensive, and complete dialogue files. It worked perfectly.

Luke, Mate you've outdone yourself. I've become a complete potato planted in front of my monitor. I haven't left the house or even gone outside all day. I am having FUN. My new game is going really well. I've seen and fought tons of new ships. The reoccurring ship phenomena we talked about that I refer to as the "convoy effect" where all the ships in a particular group are the same, has only happened twice today. I still think it's cool though. It was a little hokey at one point when I ran into a little pirate fleet consiting of 6 yachts only. It was fun tearing up Morgan junior and his little organized, disciplined pirate fleet. :dance

Thank you Mate! :onya

I'll say it again. While none of the stuff you and our little group of fellas helping you was extremely complex, it was extremely tedious and time consuming. I know we can all say we learned a lot. I know my way around the code pretty good now.

For your attention to detail alone, the time spent and the quality of the improvments in gameplay provided for COAS, I think they should give you modder status Luke.

I am in a pretty comfortable position where I can pretty much get myself anything I'd like for the holidays. This is better than any present I will receive.

Thanks Brother!!! You did it! And I for one think its a big deal. :warr :will

MK

Thank you MK, it pleases me so much that you like the mod and i thank you and all who have helped out with this mod even if it was just the testing aspects it all helped. So thank you so much. :onya

MK, which files are you taking about i downloaded the Characters mod and there are no dialogue files? because they wasn't included in the character mod i downloaded. :shrug

I'm puzzled as to how the dialogue files if thats whats stopping other's from playing have been effected the only file edited in them was the pirate settlement file, if thats the one thats the problem then that is strange because all the files i uploaded came directly from the game replacing those that was originally added to the game after i had edited them, that way i was 100% sure there was no conflicts between any of them. I will have to make a fresh install of COAS and test it all out to see hwo to resolve this problem just incase its not the same problem your experiencing MK. But i will test your way out first since its obviously worked for you. I'm just puzzled as to why that worked. At least you solved it though. :will

Luke et al, Sorry for putting out bad poop. It was late already and I'd been up till 3 am the night before playing the Luke RTBL Uberport mod of awesomeness. I looked in the file and you are correct, there are no dialogue files as I had assumed. I keep all my clean files on an external drive. The JS Characters folder just happened to be next to Vanilla Program file.

When I got home from work. The dialogue file was corrupt AGAIN!!! I'm certain this has something to do with my protection and registry application auto backing up and compressing which it does once a day. It's always after this happens and I read the little optimization report it puts out that the dialogue files are corrupt in the game. Don't know why, but thats my observation.

I know I'm gonna sound like a complete idiot here, but we all have our days and I like sharing what works....So I tried taking the JS Character file and dropping it in again. No good - didn't work. Luke was right and I'm an idiot. :treas Then I thought what if because I was so tired I inadvertently dropped the Vanilla Program file in right next to it. So I tried that, and guess what???, it works perfectly now with no noticeable bad effects. So I found a solution totally by accident and have no idea which file is being merged to work again. :shrug But hey, if you're having the diologue problem, simply drop the vanilla Program file back in and viola its fixed. Only takes like 5 seconds and it's way easier than digging around for the exact file I covered during my previous encounter with this problem.

Nice... :rumgone

MK

Ah that would explain it then, i also have 3 copies of the gae installed, 1 with the Luke Uber Mod which is my main game, the second is all mods that have been tested and work includes previous version of RTBL and the 3rd is the vanilla version which is there for the sole use of getting me out of stick situations which i have been in a few times as i started finding my way around the files.

I think i have found a possible problem with the combined ships part 2 which i don't know if its enough to course the game to stop responding or a storm engine problem upon loading the game, but if it is then its a simple mistake on my half of not adding a texture file to the ships interfact texture folder.

I will install both the ported ships and then the RTBL mod on a vanilla game and see what happens.

Luke,

Looking forward to part two!!! :b:

I am getting in some freaking unbelieveable battles and because of the greater ship durability/lowered munitions effectiveness, some really interesting gameplay occurs.

I did encounter the "convoy effect" again today. I faced a British squdron of six HMS Mordaunts. Holy crap was that cool. Thank God for Spanish forts or I'd been done for sure. I managed to capture one that the fort and I had wailed on. The effect only seems to occur every now and then. I actually enjoy it and think it realistic to see squadrons/flotillas of like ships.

Haven't seen Pinnace11 or Zeven Provincien yet, but looking forward to it. There are some really beautiful ships in there. I have taken dozens of great screenshots. Once I get a chance to screen some of them I will post on ModDB. :)

MK

LOL, that takes me back to the day when i saw 2 pirate ships sailing as fast as they could away and here was me in the centre of the 2 pirate ships and the 5 Batavia's and my ships was a 8 gun Bermuda Sloop. Another time it happened was when i was in a Brigantine and i came across 4 Schooner Xebec's, i couldn't sail away from them so i stopped and turned thourght f**k it if i can't out run them i need to damage there sails without taking much sail damage myself, so these Xebec's circled me firing broadside after broadside of round shots at me as i fired chain shots at there sails. I had rigged my sails so o damage could be inflicted on them but the masts with lucky shots could be damaged. That battle lasted a few hours, my aiming was about 15 and the cannon skill was about 19 or 20. The crew was just bellow avarage at cannon skill by the end of the battle my cannon skill was in the 30's and the aiming skill was in the late 20's, the crew's cannon skills was 3 quaters so 75% but i had damaged there sails enough to get the hell out of there, i lost over half my crew but with broadsides from 4, 20 gunner ships you would expect heavy casualties.

What i'm doing because the first combined mod included other ported ships i'm splitting the ones i ported over and just uploading them as part 1 and part 2, i do have a few more ships i wish to port over which will make a part 3 soon enough. First i need to fix the problem everyone is having with the mods. Another way is install the first mega comined ships and start the game if it works then that clears that mod, then try the second combined ships and repeat the process if it loads then that means its something in the RTBL mod which if you install and the game doesn't load proves us right. It might not actually be the RTBL mod it could be one of the ship combined mods, but that will help find the one thats cousing the propblem. :onya

LOL, that takes me back to the day when i saw 2 pirate ships sailing as fast as they could away and here was me in the centre of the 2 pirate ships and the 5 Batavia's and my ships was a 8 gun Bermuda Sloop. Another time it happened was when i was in a Brigantine and i came across 4 Schooner Xebec's, i couldn't sail away from them so i stopped and turned thourght f**k it if i can't out run them i need to damage there sails without taking much sail damage myself, so these Xebec's circled me firing broadside after broadside of round shots at me as i fired chain shots at there sails. I had rigged my sails so o damage could be inflicted on them but the masts with lucky shots could be damaged. That battle lasted a few hours, my aiming was about 15 and the cannon skill was about 19 or 20. The crew was just bellow avarage at cannon skill by the end of the battle my cannon skill was in the 30's and the aiming skill was in the late 20's, the crew's cannon skills was 3 quaters so 75% but i had damaged there sails enough to get the hell out of there, i lost over half my crew but with broadsides from 4, 20 gunner ships you would expect heavy casualties.

What i'm doing because the first combined mod included other ported ships i'm splitting the ones i ported over and just uploading them as part 1 and part 2, i do have a few more ships i wish to port over which will make a part 3 soon enough. First i need to fix the problem everyone is having with the mods. Another way is install the first mega comined ships and start the game if it works then that clears that mod, then try the second combined ships and repeat the process if it loads then that means its something in the RTBL mod which if you install and the game doesn't load proves us right. It might not actually be the RTBL mod it could be one of the ship combined mods, but that will help find the one thats cousing the propblem. :onya

Luke, thanks for the advice. All I had to do was add your latest version of the RTBL v1.4 mod to the game and it loaded right up. Thanks for all those beautiful ships and the mod for the cannons. Keep up the good work! I did notice that the drafts on the ships are a little low. The water is coming in the ships. Let me know if there is anything I can do. :cheers

No problem bud glad it worked for you :onya, if it works for you then it wasn't a problem with a code line anywhere which was my biggest fear having to go through all those lines of code again. Yes the water entering the small ships is because they sit lower in the water now as they should but i thourght it might be due to the water been too high some ships sitting just as low don't have any problems, if you don't like the water coming in go into ships_init located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships and edit the waterline code for each ship. The line of code is.
Code:
refship.WaterLine = 0.5;
The code is norally half way down the ships stats, you can add a - or + before the value ie 0.5 in the above example would become -0.5 or +0.5, you don't have to add either of those though you can edit the value its self to what ever you want some ships the higher the value the lower they will sit while other's is the opposite. :shrug

You will have to keep restarting the game till you get them how you want so it would be best to start a new game called test or something and use that game just to look at the ship you've edited and how she sits in the water, you can choose the ship you want to start withy by going into RPGUtilite located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\characters and editoing this line of code.
Code:
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_LUGGER + rand(5) - 1), 0);

so that it will look like this.
Code:
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_NAME), 0);

All you do is take the line from the ships_init file its at the stop of the ships stats and alway's has SHIP_and its name, copy that and paste it in the code above and save the file, the next time you start a new game you will start with that ship.

Hope that helps. :onya

Back