• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved ship vs ship sea battles

Ben Coats

Freebooter
can someone tell me why when i have a class 2 ship and the other ship im battling with is like a class 4 or 5, and i have all but 1 sail knocked away, and cannonballs loaded for max range and critical shot to make them surrender, but it dont do no good, cuz he gets out of range, but is still able to hit me with cannonballs when on the mini map he's out of my gun range. (fraps screenshot didnt work this time).

How big are your guns. Those things come with long 4's when purchased from the shipyard, if I recall correctly.

4cal. i just got in another battle and lost every cannon i get the "critical hit" message then the next fire "we lost a cannon" :boom:

The ship your battling could have very high calibure guns mounted, the bigger the gun the further they can hit and the more powerfull they become. So if you have 4Ibs cannons and your fighting a ship with equal size but its a culverine then you will not be able to reach the ship when its out of your range but they can still; reach you because the culverines have longer range at the cost of more room required from the hold and longer loading times.

So you have to take into account the ships gun size and type, cannons or culverine, if you look in the shipyard and look at the cannons and culverines you can compare the calibures to each other and see the way its been done.

Back