• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Upgrades?

Filop

Landlubber
Hey!
I started my adventure with CoAS a while ago, racked up some cash, and a good ship.
As I read, u can upgrade ur shippey.
How?
Even with good ship i always lose.
Any ideas?

Go to the pirate settlement on Bermuda island and speak with the shipyard owner, you will see a new option which shows a list of upgrades you can have done to your ship. You can only do each upgrade once and it can cost you a furtune so its good you have alot of money. The upgraded you can have are.

Speed, sail cloth and silk required.
Monouverablility, planks and linen required.
Cannon calibure, Ebany and leather requires.
Ships hull, Mahogony and ebany required.
Increase crew, fruir and cloth required.

I'm sure there's another one which requires Ebany and Sandalwood but i can't remember what it is.

There is only one shipyard that can upgrade ships. That's the one at the pirate port at Barbados Bermuda. It looks like a big ship sitting on the beach to the right from the dock. Climb the rope ladder.

When you talk to the guy there, he'll tell you what materials he needs and how much it costs. Get the stuff and talk to him again, and viola!

EDIT: hmmm, looks like a post crash. :)

Go to the pirate settlement on Bermuda island and speak with the shipyard owner, you will see a new option which shows a list of upgrades you can have done to your ship. You can only do each upgrade once and it can cost you a furtune so its good you have alot of money. The upgraded you can have are.

Speed, sail cloth and silk required.
Monouverablility, planks and linen required.
Cannon calibure, Ebany and leather requires.
Ships hull, Mahogony and ebany required.
Increase crew, fruir and cloth required.

I'm sure there's another one which requires Ebany and Sandalwood but i can't remember what it is.

The other is Cargo Hold.

Also, just a note about the crew size one, this only upgrades your *overloaded* crew max, not your standard. So, if your normal crew max is 250, it remains 250 after the upgrade. You will however be able to overload with more crew than before.

It be much cheaper tew capture ye a ship wid upgrades den tew pay fer it! xD:

Fred Bob's Blood "grasped" hisself a nice purty Frigate from a Dutch convoy, onct upon a time, an' later be usin' it tew deal wid dat blasted Flyin' Dutchman! :onya

Also, besides a good ship, ye needs ye some good officers worth thar salt dat'll manage yer gun crews! :yes

Hey!
I started my adventure with CoAS a while ago, racked up some cash, and a good ship.
As I read, u can upgrade ur shippey.
How?
Even with good ship i always lose.
Any ideas?

You are making a very basic mistake. You lose not because of the upgrades but (probably) because your ships skills are low and you are missing important ships perks. Hire good officers and assign them as a gunner, bosun etc. Of course the gunner officer must have good gunnery skills and perks etc.

Back