• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SHIP NAMES

I like The Leviathan. What can I say, when my frigate fires its cannons, the destruction is of biblical proportions. :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spaz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spaz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--`QuoteBegin-Gatnuk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gatnuk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->EDIT: btw about the language, I'm pretty sure that spanish is the most widely spread, when you count the number of countries speakin it, or a dialekt of it..[/quote]

for `wide-spread`-ness, it's english then spanish. french is something like the ninth language of the world. i'll find out the official figures from somewhere...

and anyway, if you were going to get most of the world to convert to a language that wasn't their own, wouldn't you choose the language that was going to affect the least people? then it would have to be cantonese (also since people who spoke other languages in china wouldn't have too much trouble converting to cantonese, and that accounts for 1.5bn people :b: )

<!--`QuoteBegin-Gatnuk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gatnuk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->back to subject.. I call my `Sea-Master` 9000 :D.. Inspired by the names used in the games Monkey Island... 8)[/quote]

lol! good idea :b: i might call mine the seeeeeeea cucumberrrr!

then it would have to be cantonese (also since people who spoke other languages in china wouldn't have too much trouble converting to cantonese, and that accounts for 1.5bn people
its not just supposed to be easy for a single country though.. if everyone were too speak the same language... (which is a bad idea anyways) then it shouldn't be a language that barely is used already. i mean there are what 3 billion people on the planet? and not even that full 1 billion people in china speak cantonese. but through out the rest of the world there are a few languages spoken by many more the just a billion. like english is a big one, spanish, french.. and other european languages, then theres japanese which is big now from all the work we do with them. but when you go places like africa or south america you'll never find anyof them speaking cantonese. you'll find french,dutch,english,zulu!,and mostly english. if there had to be one universal language, english would be the easiest, not because its easy to learn, cause i know its not, but because its already so spread that its not as hard foreveryone to learn as something like cantonese, anyways enough of that and lets get back to them ship name..

Not to nitpick Spaz, but if you go to soutamerica you're far more likely to find spanish and portuguese rather than english or french.

Well, if we're speaking about the easy languages to learn English wouldn't be it. All the germanic languages combined don't add up squat when compared to the romanic languages. It's far easier for a spaniard to learn italian than it is to learn english. Southern europe+central&south america > Northern Europe+North America.

My vote goes to Swedish as the dominant tounge though... Why? Because.

Well, if we're speaking about the easy languages to learn English wouldn't be it. All the germanic languages combined don't add up squat when compared to the romanic languages. It's far easier for a spaniard to learn italian than it is to learn english. Southern europe+central&south america  
i didnt say it was easy i just said it was widespread. and dont question me swissboy, its at least illegal her to F(_)ck your pets. <span style='`font-size`:16pt;`line-height`:100%'>j/k with you </span>, um anyways all im saying is that English is more widespread then other languages, and i also said that spanish or french would be easy too seeing as their also very wide spread. besides i made it clear thats it's not easy to learn english. so after all that im saying again that while it might not be the easiest language to learn, it is the most widespread language.

Thank you, I didn't want to say it myself. We don't make alot of cheeze here, only vodka...

You make a fair argument, although it IS illegal to have intercourse ( Can I say that? oh `censorship-code`? ) with animals here. :b:

ya i was just kidding, but it is legal toy have intercouse... with your pets in switzerland.... at least it is now... wierd...

I have two ships right now, and their names are:

`Whoopsi-Daisy` and `Twig-n`-Berries. I had a third, named Torture, but that was a captured name I thought should stick... hehe.

Why do I give my ships such silly names? Just think of the ribbing the ransomed off captains will take after having to tell their compatriots that they were taken aboard the `Whoopsi-Daisy` or the `Twig-n`-Berries. That's some downright shame on those I capture, methinks.

:cheers

Why yes... yes it is. That's why I named them that way.

Oh... the Whoopsi is a Lineship, and the Twig is a Corvette.

Back