• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SHIP NAMES

Barracho--haha, barracho seems to be all three of this...a famous man, a cigar, and a famous painting!

hey Cat, doesnt Poquito mean "little" or "not much"?

hey also, cat, El Lobo Pirata is a good name...Pirate Wolf? cool! lol

Yes, poquito means very little or not much. I don't understand enough Spanish to carry on much of a conversation, I *think* I can get the gist of one if someone is speaking relatively simply.

Pirate Wolf, right! I thought you'd like that one. :cheers

Just teasing, love. "El Lobo Barracho" translates out as "The Drunken Wolf", which very well could be my nickname when the rum flows freely enough. :cheers

But I *do* like the ring of "The Pirate Wolf"... that's got some real possibilities!! :p:

aye, i agree with me twin! lol...yeah i think that El Lobo Barracho is pretty suited for you! lol, me too, but i wouldnt have wolf in it...maybe more like sloth!!! cuz when i drink i dont think ill be very movable! lol

I have three ships... i havent found very creative names... but theyre quite fitting... My MOW is the "Punisher"... 100 cannons... what can i say...
and my two warships are the "defiler" and the something i cant remember right now... other funny spanish names would be "Los huevoes grandes" meaning "the big eggs (balls)" or "Los bailandos quesos" meaning "the dancing cheeses" or maybe even "La caballa Mezquina" the cheap Mackrell... i dont know about the spelling though... im danish neither english or spanish are my primary languages...
before i got a big cannonfilled evil boat it was called "the Missus", rather good name i think...

I like to take my names from all things Celtic, hence the Irish Revenge, Flower of Scotland, and the Welsh Dragon. Any kind of mythology (greco roman, norse, celtic, egyptian etc.) can give you some pretty good names for ships.

i agree wit ya Bruises!...i think i know a mod that would satsify ya...i think that someone should reskin ALL of the ships, and make norse/celtic/irish/greek type skins for all the ships...would you like that one Bruises?

I've decided to start naming my Main ship Unlucky, other then that i tend to let them keep their names cause i end up sellin' um anyways xD:

Well names that I have used are:

Green Banana (Lugger)
Red Eagle (Frigate)
Magellan (Frigate)
Magellan II (Batleship)
Admiral 8Q (My MOW)
Mellissa (Galleon)

Unfortunately, I must report the loss of the corvette "El Lobo Barracho". She was sunk in battle by French forces at the mouth of Oxbay Harbor. :shock::

The entire French fleet was destroyed, save one warship. Said warship is now happily serving the role left vacant by the loss of the Lobo. :cheeky

As names has nothin to mean for the game......
I used names like
blue pearl
purple pearl
and so on
the same when using the danielle character (before the build)
the waz called Ugly Duckling <-- my character name

only time me loses a ship is cause i'd be exchang'n ships fer a better one,i'd be stick'n wid Frigates an Xebecs fer speed,Battleship fer tak'n out forts :shock:

aye, me be Jack Sparrow de invincible. denagain, you cant succeed without ur friends and crew bakcin u up...friends are the highlights of life...with da drink right after...eeerrr, actually id save a keg o rum before a crewmember!! :p: actually, it have to be a nice HUUUUGE couple barrels...im not a backstabber, but de rum is to me as a stoner is to marijuiana. :cheers

Back