• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots from COAS

Rad

Privateer
Ahoy all. I put here link of my native website where I am inserting my screenshots from COAS. I did it is especially for people who don't know this game too much yet. So, I wanted to show them the how the game looks like. And all others of you who play and know this game already are welcome too to have a look at them. I will be replenishing these pictures in the course of time and my playing. :keith :gday

Screenhots from COAS

Looks very good indeed - I'm curious as to the sailing and battle system, especially compared to earlier POTC and the like. I notice the character skills being far more detailed than the aforesaid. How do they affect ship handling? (And does the AI know how to tack upwind?

You know I am playing only for a while, so I don't know it yet. But everything is much more challenging than in POTC, but I don't think it is good. So far game is rather frustrating for me because of its difficulty. I am practicing now my fencing at skeletons which appears every midnight in dungeon under town Fort de France at Martininque when I escaped from Barbados plantation. I discover so far 4 different blow with my sword which I can use here plus block. It is really interesting and entertaining. I combine these fights against skeletons with gambling in tavern and this way I am trying to earn some more money so as could let my back mast being repaired. So far I have more than 40000 pisters already. This is first way I am able survive somehow at land and increase my amount of money. I fired for this time all my crew so that I can't pay them while I am in town now for a longer time. :rolleyes:

And I can say my cannons shoot very, very poorly so far and aiming is very bad yet. :woot

Alright it sounds fun - and as for the cannon I usually go right for fast reloading and leave accuracy as 1. And max out those ship defense skills. Which is kind of realistic to me!

The game is far more challanging than POTC in that skills greatly effect your characters abilities. The better than nav skill the faster you can sail however a class 5 ship requires 25 nav skill points, you can't allicat points you earn like in POTC. In COAs you earn the different skill points which are automatically added as you use that skill, so as you sail your nav skill will increase, as you get involved in battles your cannon skills and aiming skills will increase as will reload times.

You do get to earln additional points which are to help improve your character like in POTC with the personal and ship perks, you can't earn enough points to unlock all the ship perks which means you have to pick carefully and build your officers up around that of your own perks. That will add some strategy to that part of the game.

You have to build your crews skills up, they now have sailing, cannoner and fighting skills. Sailing will obviously improve the sailing skill as will firing your cannons which improve cannon reload times (not sure if it effects aiming) and boarding enemy ships will help increase fighting skill. So there are a few more tactics to that part of the game.

As for the AI, no they don't alway's sail with or against the wind and when you tell a companion to sail away its often not the way you would like him/her to sail. If you could tell your companions the direction ie, north, east, south, west then that would perhaps elliminate that problem.

The game is harder than POTC for a few reasons, but i find it more fun because of that, POTC is a great game but i don't think its a game i will play for a very long time i like COAS too much at the moment.

Agree with all Luke said. I think its great you're posting screenshots to show people what the game looks like.

Here's a link to some of my screenshots: http://www.moddb.com/members/modernknight1/images/lightning9#imagebox

MK

Thomas, I truly believe it's the most beautiful and authentic ship in the game. :bow I have whole convoys of em that I use to get rich running cargo and on the Dutch governor missions. You guys are awesome!!! I wish we had a bunch more like that one.

I saw a post from sometime back where Yo Ho Ho unveiled a smaller Dutch ship with the clinker built upper works that looked bigger than a pinnace more akin to an early Dutch frigate from 1640-1660 timeframe. Any idea where we could get that ship or if Yo Ho Ho FTP'd it somewhere? I'd die to get my hands on that one as well. I aspire to gain the skills to build models like that eventually. It's truly an artform! :bow

V/R MK

I have some kind of Dutch frigate on my harddisk, but I dislike the skin I have made for it. Another small ship, is the Pinnace11, which is in my FTP folder.

Thomas, I can't open the FTP. It comes up as a dead link. Takeda-one mentioned he couldn't get to the FTP either the other day when trying to load his new Wappen Von Hamburg skin.
Is there a new link or can the moderators post an active link somewhere?

I did find your Pinnace skins from your photo link. Your historic flags are awesome. Can't wait to get something like that into COAS.

Here's the pics of the Pinnace you're talking about - it is indeed the ship I have been looking for. :will Is the ship's Resource and Program file somewhere I can download it? This is beautiful work! I wants it!

MK

Attachments

• YohohoPinasStern1.jpg
    YohohoPinasStern1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 82
  • YohohoPinasIngameSide1.jpg
    YohohoPinasIngameSide1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 64
  • YohohoPinasingameStern1.jpg
    YohohoPinasingameStern1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 80
just posting to say i haven't able to get into the ftp either for a while now.and love the ships btw
great work all. :onya

Back