• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Save problems again

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I haven't played for several weeks. I am haveing the "no profile" save problem again, all of a sudden. It has been so long since I had it, I can't remember what the fix is. :shrug

I searched for your problem and did find one thread where you said you were having that problem again. That was last June or July. I don't remember that far back either. Hopefully someone else can remember what to do.

Is that with the latest Patch? If that happens, you should be able to reload your profile again in the Save interface, if I recall correctly.

Ohh yeah.. :facepalm I had recently had that happen when I used an install that had been sitting for a while. Click "load" then "profile" then your profile you want and you are good to go. I had already forgotten that. :eek:ops2

And again, hehe.

i cannot save in patch 6, i had problem with patch 5 too but now in nr 6. there is no way, unless i missed something!?

I have tried with differently Storylines but the same thing occures.

Lets say i play (standar) new horizons, (Nathaniel Hawk). i start at Oxbay, aka barbados, i can save at the isle but the second i leave, either at sea or arriving at Redmond (Jamaica) or any other island for that matter "- you need an active profile to save".

and i cannot Load my profile, it isnt there, unless i re-start the game.

With best regards
Meyer189 :)

You should be able to reload a lost profile with the "Profile" button in the Save interface.

I have seen that on rare occasions. I would just start a new game, and when the old game shows up it was good after that. :shrug

Doesn't that "Profile" button in the Save menu allow you to reload it if lost???

Clicking the Profile button just tells you there is no profile. Guess I am going to have to uninstall and do a clean reinstall to see if I can get it straightened out. I guess the silver lining is I have had so many problems i haven't been able to get far enough to lose anything significant.

You could try removing the "options" file and see if things work a bit better afterwards.

Why is Patch 6 your least favourite? Nothing was done to influence the ability or lack thereof to save.
If Patch 6 is acting up in that respect for you, it cannot be anything but a random fluke. :wacko:

The first time I start a new game, I can save, but whenever I load on of those savegames, I can't save, load, or even quicksave again (oh, and I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whenever I get the monk's artifact, I can still quick save for some reason. I thought you couldn't save at all when the monk tricks you into delivering his crap)

Did you by chance install the Patch 6 Lite over a previous Patch 5 install? As I noted on another thread, when I reinstalled the whole game from scratch using Patch 6 Full, this save problem went away. If you already have Patch 6 Full on top of a clean install then... :shrug I guess its back to the drawing board.

Back