• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] New ships and characters

What exactly shall I check in the ship.c and ship.h file?

1. That counter I've mentioned.
2. Th 8 lbs cannons on galeoth_h

These are just my ideas on what can be wrong with it. But those files describe the ships so 80% the error should be there.

Also you can archive them and attach to your post. I don't promiss that I'll find the mistake but I'll try.

Hmm, 8lbs are defined in my version (ger). Here are my files for the mod, which I am trying to get done (the ship.c file is original). The AIFantom file is for a ship to nation mod, but I don't know if it works.

Attachments

• prog-files.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 214
Not sure but it seems that I've found it. I report in details because maybe the mod author will find it usefull.

Look at first 3 rows in the file ships.h

Code:
#define SAILS_COLOR_QUANTITY				8
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY					63
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT		65	// must be (SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY + 1)

Ships types quantity is 63 (from #0 to #62 and fort is #63 that is 64-th type)

Logically ships type quantity with fort should be 64 not 65

Maybe there is a mistake: the program looks for 65-th record in Ship types (Ship type 64 if to count from 0) and can't find it.

So it seems to me that the third row must be:
Code:
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT		64	// must be (SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY + 1)

I've attached the corrected file. Try to use it and please report whether it works or not.

Attachments

• ships.zip
    975 bytes · Views: 229
May be the case, si I will try it. Its strange, besause that is the org. file from the mod I've got from the FTP :?. Did you find anything in my other files? I looked for ship count lines in die good-file in the store folder, but nothing...

I didn't change anything, I still can not use the new ships :shrug

It seems one of the models is corrupt:

(errorlog)
Intel CPU: No, SSE: Off, HyperThreading: Off
resource\models\ships\1\1.gm: can't open geometry file
WARNING! Can`t model class pointer for ShipModel
WARNING!!! Missing INIT message to ROPE - bad ship model
Missing INIT message to FLAG: bad MODEL

I always start a new game after modding, but in this case the game crashes before reaching the main-menu!

I'm about to try this, because i manually install the mods i'm in the proccess of backing everything up first, that way i can fix the problem without having to reinstall the game, i will report any problems once testing has been completed.

I have installed COAS_Ships, with no problems. I haven't had the game crash or throw error messages when loading like so many have reported. I did notic a problem with a ship last night, can't remember which one but as you tried to go up the stairs to the poop deck you would go through the ship.

COAS_Characters, its nice to see new playable characters in the game the other's was getting boring now.

COAS_combinedpic, i installed this because it say's (is a picture.ini file that allows both the above mods to be used at the same time) in its discription. I manually installed these mods like all mods i have installed in the past. Never the less this is a fresh install so no other mods apart from the above have been installed.

I still have the same problems with getting the new mod ships ingame! Does the common.ini-file have any influence to the ship.h/ship.init files for example the order of the entries, is it importend to be simular to the ship.h/init and is there a need for the describtion lines??

Here are my files which I believe the error must be connected to. I really need some help here please!

1. - 3. files are Error notes

Do not wonder about some entries in ships.init, I exchanged some shiptypes, but that can not be the problem

Attachments

• system.log
    643 bytes · Views: 224
  • error.log
    34.1 KB · Views: 237
  • compile.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Ships_init.c
    154.7 KB · Views: 284
  • ships.h
    2.4 KB · Views: 230
  • common.ini
    87.4 KB · Views: 220
Hi Takeda,

You've still got CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS26 in there on line 2111. I fixed this in the file I sent you here.

Change that to CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS24 and see if that helps.

Cheers,

JA

Hi can anyone answer this question please.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13390-potc-ships-to-aop-coas/page__pid__344810__st__0&#entry344810

Thanks in advance
Luke.

Hm, ok I `ll have a check. So do you think the other files are ok? And how are those error messages to explain, those say one or more models can be opend and flag+rope errors occured. What causes the crashdown? Thats, what I must find out!

It seems to work now, thanks Johnathan! There only some minor problems left. In order to test every ship, I need to know how I can edit the shiputility file, that ALL ships are available in at the shipyard at the starting colony. Changing the generateship funstion in rpg-utile does not work!

Ahoy everyone,

i'm another new pirate from germany around here, tried the ships mod yesterday, but there was a major problem with it...
i could download and install the mod without problems, found some of the new models in diffrent shipyards,
but when i purchased a new model (like the new Brig or Battleship), the game crashed the very moment i tried to fire the guns...
I could sail and navigate like normal, load wares, ammo and crew to the ship, but fighting is impossible.
No matter if i start a new game or load a saved one, the new ships appear in all shipyards as they should,
they "just" cant fire the cannons...

Any idea whats going on?

Oh, and btw, the new Battleship model hangs very deep in the water,
all gunports on the lower deck where located below the water line...looks like permanently sinking ;)

Just thought I'd add a note, that if anybody is using the new character types, you're going to have to go into the RPGUtilite file and add some starting cash for the Secret Agent, Master, and Inquisitor- otherwise you'll start off with no money.

Does anyone have some screenshots of this mod's content in the game?
I could use those for submitting it to the ModDB. :doff

Here:

With Interceptor in San Juan, on deck of the Pearl, on deck of the Constitution

Attachments

• Am Dock von San Juan.JPG
    Am Dock von San Juan.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Auf See mit Südkurs.jpg
    Auf See mit Südkurs.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 311
  • OldIronsides_deck.JPG
    OldIronsides_deck.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 269
Just thought I'd add a note, that if anybody is using the new character types, you're going to have to go into the RPGUtilite file and add some starting cash for the Secret Agent, Master, and Inquisitor- otherwise you'll start off with no money.

That explains a lot :facepalm And I thought that was the game being unjustly hard on a new player. It's bad enough you get a war tartan as a starting ship, a row boat could probably beat you in a boarding action :ixi

Back