• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Re the patch 7 beta wip

Ah yes i found that code yesterday and have changed it to see what happens, i'm yet to advance enough to get a watch in the shops to test it, but soon i'll be on my way to Port Royale(where they have all the nice shiny stuff to buy!).

And i really think the ship AI updates are all fine, after the patch 7 wip changes; Battles at sea, from sea to forts, pirates, naval patrols, etc. All seem to be doing the things you'd expect them too.

Just to add i've updated(typo's and small improvements) a number of the characters dialogue files(a few shipwrights and Malcolms tutorial and a couple of others) and posted them on the ftp. They are in the 'Text files\Completed' folder as usual, although now i've arranged them all to sit inside their respective folders(so 'PROGRAMS\' etc)......as it makes sense as this work expands and i see other people using that format here ;) You just need to copy/paste to overwrite the old with the new.

Probably worth reading the PotCReadme file as it explains things to avoid any trouble!

Can you put all your files in a ZIP in the correct subfolders and post it here?
That's the easiest way for me to download it all. Great effort, mate! :onya

Yes, but it will include the updated standard.c, which is using the old 'Lugger1' do you want me to change that and if so what shall i put in place?

Also personal flag is set to the 'Pirates Ahoy!' browser icon flag, as that seems 'neutral' and involves all of us here.

Anyway here is that folder zipped, including the old 'Lugger1' etc:

EDIT: I'd suggest this is just made ready for the next patch, as it will probably require a new game due to the changed standard.c, or if other people simply take the standard.c file out and use the rest which is text file fixes, then that would be fine to carry on your current games(do you need to do F11 for text changes?).

EDIT2: removed older file as newer one is available in my post further down.

Thanks a lot; I got it all included in my game version now. :doff

Dialog text changes can even be done in mid-game and require no restarting or additional button-pressing.

Well just to show how very annoying working with the dialogue is, i have a new updated zip for you to replace the old files(and i'm so glad dialogue files can be chaged with a game in progress). The shipwright in Port Royale(Roger Murray) was being a 'royal' pain in the butt to sort out! His '.c' file was just weird as hell especially in relation to the in-game dialogue you would get. In particular he would annoyingly add the players dialogue to the end of his 'Well bring your ship to the dockyard next to the fort, and i can have a look over your ship etc' text. Then you the player would say your line, that Roger had just spoken to you! It took a while to understand that the lines of DIALOG[TXT no] in the '.c' file did not directly releate to the actual lines in the code for his '.h' file, they were two digits in advance in the code(.c) compared to the actual lines of code in the dialogue text(.h). So the key was changing one DIALOG[txt no] from 24 to 23.

I can see why we have so many dialogue issues! Anyway, below is the updated file with the new Roger_Murray dialogue files(.c and .h). One less weird conversation in game :)

Attachments

• PROGRAM.zip
    46 KB · Views: 80
Back