• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QuestLookout Mod

BelThorne

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Ok, another new little mod. This one will have the lookout attempt to spot any wanted quest ships in the area, notifying you with a message and updating the quest log if he sees one.

Someone requested this, but i can't find the post :shrug

Download here.

As always, this is the base compatible version. If you want to use it with any of my other mods, download the JsCombinedMod

As always, please report any bugs you find in this thread.

Cheers,

Jonathan A.

Thanks i will try this one out, i'm not one for doing quests right away i like to make some piasters trading first then i do quests as i get bored so it takes me a very long time to move through the story, but this mod will come in very handy.

Do you have to restart or can you continue from a save?

I have been using this mod for a while and have not had the lookout notify me of any quest ships that are moored in port. Maybe I haven't come across any yet? I will keep trying though and hopefully find a quest ship soon. I will post back my results.

Jonathan A.
hey buddy thanks for all the efforts,

am using the following installation:

1): Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
2): COAS Combined Mod Version 2.7z

i think taht this mod would be a huge help only if i could get it working properly,
the problem i am having is that i dont get informed about any quest ships ever anyhow,
maybe i am doing something wrong,
the thing is i have taken a quest of delivering a log book to a certain captain who (as the port controller said ) has left for the city saint jhons which is in island Antiqua, but i have been spending lots of game months (10 months) but no sighn of the ship or the said captain.
my question is how will i get notified of the ship if i ever encounter it, will the game display a message at the place where all other messages are displayed such as the time slow or fast is shown or the officer hold follow charge etc...... are shown or

is there a way to activate the mod itself or is it activated just by installing the "COAS Combined Mod Version 2"

what am i doing wrong please help me, this mission is irritating me so much. please please help.
thanks in advance

ok so if it is installed then why am i not getting the info any ships which are moored or sighted,
what should i do,

Not sure but i just compared the files and the quest ship look out mod is included, have you started a new game since installed the COAS CM mod?

Jonathan A.
hey buddy thanks for all the efforts,

am using the following installation:

1): Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
2): COAS Combined Mod Version 2.7z

i think taht this mod would be a huge help only if i could get it working properly,
the problem i am having is that i dont get informed about any quest ships ever anyhow,
maybe i am doing something wrong,
the thing is i have taken a quest of delivering a log book to a certain captain who (as the port controller said ) has left for the city saint jhons which is in island Antiqua, but i have been spending lots of game months (10 months) but no sighn of the ship or the said captain.
my question is how will i get notified of the ship if i ever encounter it, will the game display a message at the place where all other messages are displayed such as the time slow or fast is shown or the officer hold follow charge etc...... are shown or

is there a way to activate the mod itself or is it activated just by installing the "COAS Combined Mod Version 2"

what am i doing wrong please help me, this mission is irritating me so much. please please help.
thanks in advance

Also I dought it will work for that quest since the captain in question will be at the tavern.

Cheers, :cheers

OK SO I CANT FIND THE CAPTAIN OR THE SHIP ANYWHERE

so i have left the missin pending maybe at some point in game time or real time i wiil encounter that ship,,,

so good luck to MEEEEEE......LOL

just one doubt though will keeping this mission pending in my log book will effect my personal reputation or the reputation with the nation in consern.

donno will see

any thoughts are appreciated..

thanks to all for their help.

Inless you have a set time to find the ship it shouldn't effect anything, for example you will have people ask you to find someone who is abourd a pirate ship, you can take as many years as you like and not have a problem with that quest. Very unrealistic i know since most people in RL would give up waiting after so long but anyway it seems in games thats not the case.

finally now after two years i have got the message erom the antiqua saint jhons port controller that his log book entry shows the ship marsilles trade lugger ahs left for bridgetown barbados on second oct,

so going there to invistigate further

thanks for all the help and support guys

love this this site and the people here..

by BK

Back