• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question about some of the 1st class ships

makaveli1971

Sailor Apprentice
Is there anyone who found these 1st class ships?
100 gun Battle MOW,100 gun Ship of the line and 104 gun Victory.
Because I found all other ships but not these 3.
Are they rare or what? :?

I wouldn't say they are rare just that they are not generated as often as the other 1st rate ships. You could use the save scum to see if they are generated, i have never personally seen the Victory at sea, but i have seen the Fast MOW, MOW and Battle MOW a few times. 100 gun Ship of the line aka Heavy MOW i have only seen once at sea. Try attacking the Gold Fleet and military fleets, you should have more luck there. Or you could sack a town get a bounty on your head and see what the bounty hunters bring out to play.

I wouldn't say they are rare just that they are not generated as often as the other 1st rate ships. You could use the save scum to see if they are generated, i have never personally seen the Victory at sea, but i have seen the Fast MOW, MOW and Battle MOW a few times. 100 gun Ship of the line aka Heavy MOW i have only seen once at sea. Try attacking the Gold Fleet and military fleets, you should have more luck there. Or you could sack a town get a bounty on your head and see what the bounty hunters bring out to play.

OK thanks! I always use save scum and I will keep trying until find them! :keith

It also depends on your rank, in Vanilla you needed to be rank 120 for a MOW to be popular, its not like that in CMV3.1.5 but you do still require a high rank before they are generated.

Punitive squadrons are very good places to find the really heavy first and second class ships like the MOWs. They show up on the 3d world map as the largest ships sailing around (about 1.5-2x the size of your ship). It will also take time for the game to generate the MOWs. Since they're such large ships, they will take longer to create, and thus, take longer for them to appear in-game. You can see this in the Ships_init file as well. A tartane takes less time to generate in game (refShip.buildtime = 10;) than a MOW (refShip.buildtime = 140;). Those files determine how long it takes for a new ship to be generated, so for every 14 tartanes that pop up in game, there will be one MOW. You can try playing around with these values to make the ships more or less common depending on your preferences. I changed these for some of the new small ships (like the yacht) since it was annoying having my fleet (Arabella, Blue Bird, Dog of War, Sea Wolf, and Soleil - all acquired legitimately) being attacked by Gentlemen of Fortune with tiny ships.

Punitive squadrons are very good places to find the really heavy first and second class ships like the MOWs. They show up on the 3d world map as the largest ships sailing around (about 1.5-2x the size of your ship). It will also take time for the game to generate the MOWs. Since they're such large ships, they will take longer to create, and thus, take longer for them to appear in-game. You can see this in the Ships_init file as well. A tartane takes less time to generate in game (refShip.buildtime = 10;) than a MOW (refShip.buildtime = 140;). Those files determine how long it takes for a new ship to be generated, so for every 14 tartanes that pop up in game, there will be one MOW. You can try playing around with these values to make the ships more or less common depending on your preferences. I changed these for some of the new small ships (like the yacht) since it was annoying having my fleet (Arabella, Blue Bird, Dog of War, Sea Wolf, and Soleil - all acquired legitimately) being attacked by Gentlemen of Fortune with tiny ships.

Yes I know the punitive squadrons,but I have a problem with them in CMV 3.1.5.
Every time when I see them on the 3d world map and go to sea they not appear,and this is every time.
But the military squadrons are OK and I will keep search there. :keith

Back