• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem with crew

Sat66

Landlubber
Hi first of all i want to say Hi to anyone here i just join :)
Second i want to say sory for my english i just start to lern it 6 moths ago

Now to be in topic:
Have strange problem with disapering crew after bordning enemy ship even if there are only one enemy that is killed instantly after fight i have 0 crew im using CMv2 any idea what may couse this?

sounds wired...but how many crewmates do you have before boarding?
did you have weapons for them on board?
did you have medicine and a good defence skill?
are they good fighters? (can see it on ship screen)
whats with your boarding skill? (or the skill of your bosun)

Can it be that JGSME some way cous this i use it for adding CMv2 to game??

1) i have over 320 crew members
2) yes i have weapons for them even more than need over 350 weapons
3) medicine yes and defence 78% (but i dont have medic on board can it be beacause of this?)
4) they are normal sailors
5) I thnik boarding skill = Grapling ? if yes then my character have 30% Bosun have 100%

I just test it again vs war tartana crew and still i lost all crew strange is afteer fight when im on ships screan to loot boarded ship everything is ok but when i close it i have 0 crew

When you board the ship are you swapping ships and sinking your old ship?

If yes then you need to transfer your crew from the old ship over before you sink it. :onya

Can it be that JGSME some way cous this i use it for adding CMv2 to game??

don't think so...in my case it worked well

3) medicine yes and defence 78% (but i dont have medic on board can it be beacause of this?)

you don't need a medic...he only increase you skill or give you one or both medic abilities.
78%...do we talking about the value without "%" or the first number with "%"...if the first than its not your skilllevel...this shows you how long it will take since you reach next level

4) they are normal sailors
5) I thnik boarding skill = Grapling ? if yes then my character have 30% Bosun have 100%

yes... :facepalm i mean grappling
your sailors have a fighting skill (soldiers)...a blue line...if its filled your members are good in boarding

I just test it again vs war tartana crew and still i lost all crew strange is afteer fight when im on ships screan to loot boarded ship everything is ok but when i close it i have 0 crew

hehe...you send your crew over board as luke thought... :walkplank

right im no expert

when approaching a ship i always lay into it with grape shot, that way you kill some of the crew as you get closer. As you come into board them make sure you get a grape shot off right before, so that you do maximum damage to crew before you go into the fight.
you might also try getting the musket fire skill, so that once you board you open fire taking out some of their crew.

it happens to me alot, so i try to wipe out the crew as quick as possible, that way you only loose a few crew members.
hope that helps mate

That is a good tactic Pirateman and it does work very well.

@ Szatan
When you capture a ship, you will see in the tabs transfer crew, swap ships, transfer cargo etc. If you swap ships the crew on your old ship will remain on that ship so use the transfer crew tab and move your crew over to the new ship. If your playing on a high difficulty and wish to keep the other ship you will need to leave at least minimum crew on the other ship with an officer. If your playing on an easy level then you might not need to leave any crew just the officer, you will know if you can't load the world map or use the sail too option. It should tell you why that is could be one or more ships is overloaded with cargo or a ship doesn't have enough crew onboard. :onya

Thx Pirateman for that tactic i alredy try it and its works good
Thx Luke forthe tip about this i will watch to dont make that mistake again

glad to help mate,

and one more thing i, not saying anyone else, have a small ship that i make board ships for me, that way my crew stays completely safe, sometimes it works sometimes not, it depends, just like the sail away feature lol

Back