• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem with AOP2

makaveli1971

Sailor Apprentice
Hey mates I have a problem with AOP2 and I realy need help for that.

I uninstalled the game (i have a reason for that) and installed it again successfully,but now I have this problem on the left corner!

untitled (Copy).jpg

Any ideas will be appreciated!
Thanks!

I saw your topic in the tech help forum yesterday, as I am sure others did. I have been trying to think of what may be causing it, but so far I am coming up with nothing. I think I remember something similar happening with POTC, but it's been a while and I don't recall it right off. What are your other system specs mate?

Please refrain from posting multiple topics about the same thing. I understand your frustration about the game not working properly, but it also frustrates us to see multiple postings about the same problem. We are a world wide community, and not everyone logs in every day. Someone may show up in a few days that knows the answer to your problem, or has seen it before. We do not get paid to provide tech support, we do it because we love these games, and because no one else will. Please try and be patient, if there is a solution, we will find it eventually.

Hey bud, never seen this before but i do have a few questions (seems thats all i'm asking lately lol). Anyway hopefully a answer can be found as to why this is happening.

1. As Thagarr asked, whats your system specs?
2. Have you ever installed any mods in any previous installs of COAS?
3. Have you ever edited any files yourself?
4. If yes for questions 2 andor 3, did you (after uninstalling COAS) delete all remaining files and folders from the directory?
5. Did you defrag the comp before reinstalling COAS?
6. Did COAS have any problems when installing?

Possible way to fix this problem would be to (rather than installing from the disk) move all files and folders from the disk to a folder on the desktop, once thats done try installing it from the desktop (shouldn't require the disk to install COAS so remove it from drive). Then see if this problem is still happening. I can't think of any reasons as to why this is happening other than you have edited some files or have already made some edits to files in the past which you keep backed up for personal use or that you have installed mods in the past and not removed all files folders from COAS that may have been left behind once the game was uninstalled.

I saw your topic in the tech help forum yesterday, as I am sure others did. I have been trying to think of what may be causing it, but so far I am coming up with nothing. I think I remember something similar happening with POTC, but it's been a while and I don't recall it right off. What are your other system specs mate?

Please refrain from posting multiple topics about the same thing. I understand your frustration about the game not working properly, but it also frustrates us to see multiple postings about the same problem. We are a world wide community, and not everyone logs in every day. Someone may show up in a few days that knows the answer to your problem, or has seen it before. We do not get paid to provide tech support, we do it because we love these games, and because no one else will. Please try and be patient, if there is a solution, we will find it eventually.

OK I'm sorry for posting two topics about the same thing mate! I understand you! :onya

If you mean this specs:
Windows XP
Intel Dual-Core 2.2 Ghz
3GB RAM
VRAM 1GB

Yup, those are the specs, just wanted to make sure which operating system you were using. I think Luke hit the nail on the head, if you have previously installed mods or edited files, that may be part of it. Especially if your installing to the same default directory, something may have not gotten removed properly. AOP2 doesn't use any registry settings, so it can be installed anywhere. Try installing to a different directory or make sure the default directory is completely deleted.

If you have plenty of free hard drive space, Lukes idea to copy the install files to your hard drive and install that way is a good option, sometimes CD read errors can do really strange things. :modding

Hey bud, never seen this before but i do have a few questions (seems thats all i'm asking lately lol). Anyway hopefully a answer can be found as to why this is happening.

1. As Thagarr asked, whats your system specs?
2. Have you ever installed any mods in any previous installs of COAS?
3. Have you ever edited any files yourself?
4. If yes for questions 2 andor 3, did you (after uninstalling COAS) delete all remaining files and folders from the directory?
5. Did you defrag the comp before reinstalling COAS?
6. Did COAS have any problems when installing?

Possible way to fix this problem would be to (rather than installing from the disk) move all files and folders from the disk to a folder on the desktop, once thats done try installing it from the desktop (shouldn't require the disk to install COAS so remove it from drive). Then see if this problem is still happening. I can't think of any reasons as to why this is happening other than you have edited some files or have already made some edits to files in the past which you keep backed up for personal use or that you have installed mods in the past and not removed all files folders from COAS that may have been left behind once the game was uninstalled.

1. In previous installs of COAS I was using CMV 3.1.5.
2. I have edited only capabilities for Corsair on RPGUtilite file and Efects of Speed and Hull upgrate in Dialogs/Pirate shipyard file!
3. I delete all remaining files and folders from the directory!
4. Not defrag the comp before reinstalling!
5. No problems with installation process!

Thank you both for answers!

Yup, those are the specs, just wanted to make sure which operating system you were using. I think Luke hit the nail on the head, if you have previously installed mods or edited files, that may be part of it. Especially if your installing to the same default directory, something may have not gotten removed properly. AOP2 doesn't use any registry settings, so it can be installed anywhere. Try installing to a different directory or make sure the default directory is completely deleted.

If you have plenty of free hard drive space, Lukes idea to copy the install files to your hard drive and install that way is a good option, sometimes CD read errors can do really strange things. :modding

Oh yes I installing the game to the same default directory! I will try to install in different folder or will try Lukes idea!
I will post what's the result.
Thanks mates!

I make a copy of install files and install the game to different directory,but it's all the same! :wacko:

That's very strange. I really don't understand what is going on here makaveli. Are you playing on a laptop or a desktop? What's your video card is mate?

That's very strange. I really don't understand what is going on here makaveli. Are you playing on a laptop or a desktop? What's your video card is mate?

Yes I'm playing on a laptop!
My video card is not so good!
Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Do you think I need preinstall of Windows?

Ahhh, there is your problem mate! Intel graphics chipsets don't like this game at all, I am shocked you can even get the game to load! Most of the time the game will just crash on Intel chipsets unless you install SwiftShader. Does the game run fine otherwise?

You might try installing SwiftShader to see if that might help, but it will tend to slow performance a bit. You can download it from HERE, if you want to give it a try.

Ahhh, there is your problem mate! Intel graphics chipsets don't like this game at all, I am shocked you can even get the game to load! Most of the time the game will just crash on Intel chipsets unless you install SwiftShader. Does the game run fine otherwise?

You might try installing SwiftShader to see if that might help, but it will tend to slow performance a bit. You can download it from HERE, if you want to give it a try.

Wow, (Intel chipsets don't like this game),this is very strange mate,because before this problem I was playng the game for six months without problems,and without SwiftShader!
I know this video is poor,but I love this game and I'm not give up! :beer
I will try SwiftShader to see if that help!
Thanks!

Very strange ...perhaps Intel got tired of all the complaints and actually decided to update their hardware. I doubt Swiftshader would do much but slow you down in that case, but it's worth checking just to make sure, you can always uninstall it.

Very strange that it would work for six months and then start showing some graphic weirdness. It's possible that your computer may be getting hot, CPU's and GPU's start to do weird things when they overheat. You might give HWMonitor a try, it will tell you what your temps are, your laptop is probably new enough that it has these temp sensors built in. You can get HWMonitor from HERE!

They only other thing that I can think of to try is your graphics driver. I did a little digging around on Intel's web page, they do have a new graphics driver available for Intel series 4 chepsets, it was released in July. You should check your notebook manufacturer's web site and see if they have new graphics drivers available. You can try the ones on Intels site if you want, but it would be better to get it from your laptop's manufacturer, in case they changed something.

Thats a point if the game was playing fine for 6 months without a problem it could be a update of some sort that has been installed thats made maybe the GPU uncompatable with COAS. :shrug

Very strange ...perhaps Intel got tired of all the complaints and actually decided to update their hardware. I doubt Swiftshader would do much but slow you down in that case, but it's worth checking just to make sure, you can always uninstall it.

Very strange that it would work for six months and then start showing some graphic weirdness. It's possible that your computer may be getting hot, CPU's and GPU's start to do weird things when they overheat. You might give HWMonitor a try, it will tell you what your temps are, your laptop is probably new enough that it has these temp sensors built in. You can get HWMonitor from HERE!

They only other thing that I can think of to try is your graphics driver. I did a little digging around on Intel's web page, they do have a new graphics driver available for Intel series 4 chepsets, it was released in July. You should check your notebook manufacturer's web site and see if they have new graphics drivers available. You can try the ones on Intels site if you want, but it would be better to get it from your laptop's manufacturer, in case they changed something.

After installing SwiftShader, (installed in directory of the game) I get this message when try to start the game:
"start.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I will try HWMonitor,because I also think it's possible that my computer is getting hot.

I'm now with the July release of Graphics driver from Intels site!

I think I will start to play the game with the problem,because all other things in the game are working fine!

Thank you mates for your ideas and help!

Sorry we couldn't be of more help mate, that really is a strange problem. At least it is not a game breaker and you can still play it, you will just have to keep a close eye on your hull damage and crew.

Laptops as a rule always run a bit hotter than desktops, if your seeing CPU temps between 55 and 65 Celsius, you should be fine. GPU between 60 and 70 should be ok too.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help mate, that really is a strange problem. At least it is not a game breaker and you can still play it, you will just have to keep a close eye on your hull damage and crew.

Laptops as a rule always run a bit hotter than desktops, if your seeing CPU temps between 55 and 65 Celsius, you should be fine. GPU between 60 and 70 should be ok too.

:onya

Back