• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTBS

Diomed

Landlubber
Hey I have seen the movie and everything for POTBS, but do any of you know if it is like POTC, where you can go on land to?

yeah i think you can go on land, i rmember before someone mentioning being able to play the game totally on land

aprt from the fee though, the more i follow this for news and such i cant help but think this might be areeeeely good game if they pull it off, maybe some clevery people will hack it so you can play on lan or such

I thought that I read that avatars won't be enabled when the game is first released. I think that until the game is upgraded with the use of avatars then the land gameplay will be limited to a few menu interfaces.

I think that the website says that POTBS will be about $10 per month.

If my PC can handle it then I might give it a try as well.

Ahh k, I actually like the idea of playing on land though, i wonder if you can have more than 1 account at the same price, that way id play say as a soldier and one as a pirate

yea that would be cool. and the whole land thing would be best if it was in there. i mean pirates did pleanty of stuff on land like raiding ports or killing Natives and such. oh also will there be intown NPC's to talk to? like if i goto town will there be random townspeople i can kill or enslave and stuff like that?

;) You mean pirates didn't rape and pillage?

Oh, wait. That was the Vikings! :)

This game looks really interesting to me. I think everyone is still concerned about the mass hardware requirements and then on top of that the monthly fee. If they can pull it off, it will be interesting to find out. I'll purchase the game when it comes out to give it a spin.

I'm not so sure on the avatar bit. Isn't that part of the fun of playing ... Having an avatar? :)

I've been scanning through this site http://pirates.fragland.net/faq/index.php that has got quite a few FAQs about the game.

It said that the second release will have avatars available and then you'll be able to walk about in the cities and on the islands and you'll also see your crew working on your ship and boarding other ships.

GUYS SORRY BUT I GOTA ASK! :shock: IS POBS IS A GAME LIKE POTC CD OR U CAN DOWNLOAD? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

POTBS is a MMORPG that's Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
From reading the FAQ it seems to be an open ended game (unlike stock POTC) where you can effectively do whatever you like from being a Pirate, Privateer, Naval Captain or even a merchant.
:shock:

When it does come out I think that it will have to be downloaded and you'll have to pay something like $10 (US) a month. I think that it might be a free download but you'll need to access a POTBS server to play it and I don't think that it will be available in stores.

If my PC is powerful enough so that I can play it without upgrading then I might give it a try sometime after it's released. But that will be at least 4 or 5 months away :?

id suggest using a high speed line, unless you like chunky looking gameplay and skipping, the game does look good, but the monthly fee sucks, I am already paying for FF11 and SWG, heh

OT: Is FF11 good? I can't believe `Square-Enix` made one dedicated to the online fans. Good thing 12 is not!

There's only two things good chunky Mihail: 1. Chili 2. Peanut Butter

The monthly fee sucks to me too, and hell, I'm not paying for anything yet! However, if the game is as good as they are hoping it will get I will be more than willing of putting the money down for it.

FF11 is good, very good infact, altho still has some bugs, "only two things good chunky Mihail: 1. Chili 2. Peanut Butter" says you, heh

Back