• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTBS Ships

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Mates,

My sattelite connection out in the sticks has never been adequate to play MMOs, but I've been surfing the POTBS site a bunch and have founds some interesting info. I'm considering joining regardless of the fact I can't play.

Aside from the regular ships in the game, they have added modder modellers ships. (see post on Roter Lowe in Modellers forum) I was wondering if anyone has pursued dialogue with those folks or has connections. I think it worth pursuing. I saw a bunch of post from Bava from a couple years back (more PR for Pirates Ahoy than anything else).

Its apparent that they've lifted some of the ships from Akella/POTC modellers on their You Tube videos. So pay back in kind is appropriate I think. There are several really beautiful ships. The ones I'd like the most is the one they call Corvette which is really a model of the Dutch built Brandenburg pinnace "Berlin". They also have a model called Oliphant that is typical of a Dutch 54 gun ship of about 1660. Another is a heavy brig called St Peter that is really nice. There's a bunch of em.

I'm attaching links to their ships guide as well as a progress spreadsheet document of ships their modder community is working on. It looks rather dated with most of the effort several years past. If this game fizzles out, which I hear all kinds of comments about lesser and lesser activity all the time, we as a community should make some effort to step in if possible/legal and salvage what we can (they are agreeable to) of their work for us. I think they would appreciate that in the sincerest of piratey brotherhood. Just thinking out loud Mates. Thoughts? :shrug

MK

http://www.burningsea.com/explore/library/ship-guide/

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AlW7QOdRg46WcExpNGZaTUxzUFVmQWZ4Ynd0anJiRFE&gid=1

I tried to connect with them once, because of the same reason. But it seems that once they made a ship for that game, the ship then belongs to POTBS.

It was alway's questionable charging people to play a pirate game is one thing charging them as much as they did/still do is obvious why people do not wish to play any more, many people have difficulties spreading there money to cover bills, food etc so they can't afford to play and some people just think like me its over charged and a waste of money when you can have as much fun playing other online games that do not charge such as Stronghold 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator X are a few FSX been the most popular of those two. In my case i was thinking of playing POTBS but after a while i began changing my mind. If POTBS had a supperts server and a free server then they would see the game not dieing out and many people who have since left still playing. For example the new ship models could be made available to only those paying to play the game, larger battles for paying customers while free player's get a set amount of player's allowed to join a battle. Other things could be tweaked a little to fraw people into paying but i don't think we will see these idea's put into practise any time soon.

I have PotBS in beta and playmate after 1 year and then leave disappointed. The game has unfortunately developed negative. During low beta phase, I still hoping for a wonderful simulation of life in the Caribbean in the 18th Century. But through the skills of the individual avatars (pirate, pirates, traders, etc.), the game developed into a WOW on the sea and I lost interest in it. As an offline game like me AOP2 prefer. The ships in the game is really good but we are in AOP2 even better. :drunk
The Peter Drake of the Black Legion! :ixi

Back