• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PotBS goes F2P

I thought Sony was connected to this game somehow? They must not be feeling well, or something. xD:

If this truly is permanent, I'll go and buy a copy of the client. :yes This makes PoTBS no different than any other game in my eyes.

Oooh, I am SO getting it now

Same here. :keith
Btw, could a kind moderator unlock the PotBS tavern, please? It´s read-only atm and it would be nice to have a place to discuss the game at PA :)

If your interested, we can promote you to News Gatherer, and you can still have access to all the modding sections mate.

Naa, 'modder' is okay, but thanks for the offer.^^ And gatherering news already seems to be a strong point of PA, you guys are doing a very good job :doff

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=271038

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=23294&storypage=1

Some more infos out there ;)

I bourght this after a few months of its release but due to the update time taking forever i uninstalled it and now i can't remember what i did with the game. :facepalm

I will be buying it for sure now though (in less i can find my copy). :dance

What is F2P??? For unlocking the PotBS forum, send a PM to Keith; I think he locked it.
I don't know why or how to restore it and don't have time to find out. :facepalm

F2P = Free to play. :dance

Although you will be limited to level 50 at which point you would require the purchase of goods or subscription its good to see that they have opened it up for people who don't wish to pay to play a game that at the time was slowly loosing its customer appeal. Hopefully now we will see many more people playing it and having fun be it as a premium holder or not. :dance

Not sure how Keith has set the forum up, but if you have the abilities then you should be able to do it in mod CP Pieter.

I probably can do it, but don't know how and don't have time to find out until I get back home again.

Hmmm, not sure if that is really good news. Most F2P games ended up having a item store and this forced people to buy items if they wanted to stay competitive.
Or they used other mechanics to kind of force you to spend money.

I have yet to see a F2P MMO that is really fun if you don't spend any money on it.

exactly POTBS goes F2P tomorrow Nov 29 2010, if you want to know how to get it see here

FREE TO PLAY

there's gonna be 3 type of players

If you have an active suscription you belong to Captain's Club and can bougth in the treasure island, now in POTBS you can have a follower pet (like in VCO or BBO).

If you some time bougth the game but your suscription is expired you become Premium Player, the diference between Captain's Club and Premium Player is Double XP and Dooble Loot from NPC's

If you want play for free there gonna need a lot of money to level up faster :)

for more info see the official web page here

regards

BTW if you look for society look here at Compañía Española de Indias Occidentales forum, mostly spanish speaker, fair winds for all :keith

Back