• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

For quick testing of ALL ships, you can use this console code:
Code:
           if(!Checkattribute(pchar,"cheatship")) Pchar.cheatship = 0;
           int con = sti(Pchar.cheatship);
           if(con<SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY)
           {
               GiveShip2Character(pchar,ShipsTypes[con].id,"Test Ship",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
               Pchar.cheatship = con +1;
           }
           TraceAndLog("*************************** Ship : " + ShipsTypes[con].id + " , Index : " + con + " ");

Just to check... does that have a toggle for players who happen to like it old-school?

:rofl

Nice!
Those do still seem to happen occasionally.
More regularly than we'd like for some people. :diomed

I think @Hammie is having some difficulties with those in his Storm Engine Upgrade version as well.
If I'm not mistaken, the code to put the talking heads in place is simply not there in Storm 2.5 and later.
So if we insist on having them, it'll effectively require adding a brand new feature.
Might be done eventually; but the only thing that makes sense is to do that once all more crucial gameplay elements are covered and tested... :facepalm

@Mirsaneli, is that because the particle system was completely changed?
Does the new system in any way support having the old functionality?

At this moment, there is no toggle for old battle system. I will think what to do with it later, this one is in testing phase.

About the particles system and 2.0 dialogs, @ChezJfrey might have an answer to that wether it's possible or not...

And thanks for that piece of code :)

At this moment, there is no toggle for old battle system. I will think what to do with it later, this one is in testing phase.
Fair enough.
Easier to add toggles after stuff works first.

About the particles system and 2.0 dialogs, @ChezJfrey might have an answer to that wether it's possible or not...
Personally I would be happy to lose the talking heads for the foreseeable future.
But for the particles, we don't want to make a bit step backwards.
When @Merciless Mark improved those in New Horizons, that was one of the biggest improvements in graphics we ever managed...

I also wonder about every and all other particle effects we use.
Certainly @Jack Rackham and me added... a LOT!
What is it going to take to get all those operational again?
From the stock game Artifact; to Jack's puzzle ones; to my PotC film effects...?

Fair enough.
Easier to add toggles after stuff works first.

Personally I would be happy to lose the talking heads for the foreseeable future.
But for the particles, we don't want to make a bit step backwards.
When @Merciless Mark improved those in New Horizons, that was one of the biggest improvements in graphics we ever managed...

I also wonder about every and all other particle effects we use.
Certainly @Jack Rackham and me added... a LOT!
What is it going to take to get all those operational again?
From the stock game Artifact; to Jack's puzzle ones; to my PotC film effects...?

I agree with you that those smoke particles were a huge step forward in the aesthetics of the game. But we might see those in Maelstrom, who knows.

Mod is updated [21.08.2021]
- cinematic dialogues like in 2.0 engine
- updated particles to match the 2.0 engine + kept the blood particles which was more work to do for @ChezJfrey
- new interface fixes

We have updated the fonts. Now NH on Maelstrom is using HD fonts made by Black Knight. Original fonts were pixelated.

0Bx2bgj.jpg

SUV2WCq.jpg

USrWjFm.jpg

NmZnstG.jpg

I have started fixing the lighting. After we ported the 2.8 weather, everything became overexposed and bright. Now we are fixing that. It's a bloody job to do...

6fqrnIg.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful work! :bowUsed to play this mod a lot back in the days of Build 13 and early to mid 14. But the engine instability always got the best of my games, getting random crashes and such. Now its running way more smooth and its looks so promising! Can't wait to play it in its full potential! :dance

By the way, I found that my game don't want to show the character and ship bottom interface on land and sea. Tried pressing enter and cycling through the bottom interface works, but everything is invisible to me.

Attachments

• 2021-08-23 (1).png
    2021-08-23 (1).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 2021-08-23 (2).png
    2021-08-23 (2).png
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
By the way, I found that my game don't want to show the character and ship bottom interface on land and sea. Tried pressing enter and cycling through the bottom interface works, but everything is invisible to me.

A fix will be released for that. Thanks for reporting.

Back