• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

I have fixed AI surrendering too fast in battles. Now they will surrender only when they stand no chance to survive/ or have very little crew.
It needs more testing, so I will release the update when I fix some more bugs.

[Update: 19.07.2021]
- Aligned some icons in Battleinterface.c and Landinterface.c
- Reduced world map action radius
- fixed the questbook and shiplog text not being aligned properly
- ported some more scripts from sea.c from original NH
- fixed ships surrendering too often
- added some missing storyline files in RESOURCE/INI

12.49 MB file on MEGA

Is that... an actual TRAILER!?!?
I haven't seen a PotC:NH trailer in 5 years!!! :shock
Well, if you need any promo video, I can make it for you, just send me the material :)

Time to add it to our YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/PiratesAhoyCommunity
And I immediately took the liberty of updating the "Development Partners" section.
About bloody time, no?
Yes, I'm trying to promote both @ChezJfrey 's work and PA! New Horizons.

Well, feel free to contact me, I can make decent videos very easy.
Thanks very much, mate! :cheers

Im also a professional video editor, I can make something wonderfull
Awesome!! :bow :bow

We'd really need a player to go through all the highlights in the change log, play through those and capture the video...
Would take a fair committent in time though; wouldn't it...?

Yyyyep! Thats what im thinking as well
So would you be up for giving it a try?
Nice excuse to feature your own Ghost Ship in there too!
Knowing our audience, people might actually get intrigued when they see that. :cheeky

So would you be up for giving it a try?
Nice excuse to feature your own Ghost Ship in there too!
Knowing our audience, people might actually get intrigued when they see that. :cheeky
ill give it a try for sure! I also made some fixes for the main character animation as well, increased movement speed to match CoAS and CT. Those will be on the video as well

ill give it a try for sure!
:bow :bow :bow

I also made some fixes for the main character animation as well, increased movement speed to match CoAS and CT.
Such as this thing, you mean?
Mod Release - Double Running Speed (now realistic 6.6 m/s)

I wonder how that goes with the running-from-boulder/moccasins in @Bartolomeu o Portugues / @Jack Rackham's storylines.

Would be nice if we could include this feature somehow properly in the mod though.
Not sure how to add a proper toggle; but maybe then an option in the Installer EXE?

I wonder how that goes with the running-from-boulder/moccasins in @Bartolomeu o Portugues / @Jack Rackham's storylines.
As I remember it you had a chance to run away from the boulder with the moccasins equipped. So I guess both the boulder and the moccasins used the
fast_man ani file. Maybe it's just to raise that speed number a little so it's higher than the new normal will be.

:bow :bow :bow

Such as this thing, you mean?
Mod Release - Double Running Speed (now realistic 6.6 m/s)

Would be nice if we could include this feature somehow properly in the mod though.
Not sure how to add a proper toggle; but maybe then an option in the Installer EXE?
That and some of them were not working like the falling animation for male and female

Some excellent news, in POTC on Maelstrom the telescope is working. I will try to see how to get it working in New Horizons as well. Jeffrey was a bit busy these days, but I'm sure he will give us a hand on that.

The lanterns are now working. Will be available with the next update.

EiZ2GfN.png

Back