• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

port controller

mrpirate101

Landlubber
does anyone how to use the captains list in the port controller, he always says 'there no one you'd be interested in'

i think that you can hitch a ride if you've got no ship but wanted to make sure before i test it myself. also how do i find AI captains like barbossa and jack, will turners ETC.

it tells you where they are and where they're heading in f10, but it doesn't show them on world map or anything like that.

Is this with a mod, always post if it is... Im saying this cause Im pretty sure Jack, Will and Barbossa arent in stock CoAS :no

As for the first point I havnt really played much CoAS :no

Again which one? JS or Combined Mod and if Combined what version, trust me... It helps getting yourself an answer :yes

From what I've noticed, the F10 button only works in Dev mode.

In V2, the titles on top are all in some obscure language. I've updated that in V3. From what I recall, one is the id name, name, ship, present location and destination.

So for example one column says "sea barbados" that means they are at sea near Barbados, if the last column reads "tortuga" then that is their destination.

The port officers and that question in particular is in regards to quest related captains, not the other AI captains, though that is not to say they aren't in game at all. Ive run into various AI captains in taverns and sometimes you get a rumor from citizens saying, captain X lost his ship and is now in Y tavern.

I don't really know why the F10 button does not work in the stock game or how to link it to the port officers dialog.

combined mod version 2 is what i have.

i know it tells me where they are but when i get there i cant locate them. when your on world map you should be able to see them yet i cant.
ill dig around see what i can find about it, if not i'll try be more specific lol

They don't appear on the world map as a special ship. Perhaps it could be coded in, kind of like how treasure ships have gold sails or quest ships have green I think.

Saying an Ai captain is heading from XX too XX does that really mean they are heading there that very minute or that is there next destination when they leave what ever city they are currently in? that might explain why you do not meat them in the city they are ment to be heading to, the AI ships move slower across the world map than the player's so what might have taken you a day or two could take the AI captain a few day's if weather conditions are good.

It would be nice to some how set it so AI captains when seen on world map can be seperated from normal ships by there sail colour or something like that.

tell me about it, quest ships are green and gold convoys are yellow, so we should be able to get them to show on map, does anyone know what file contains the quest and gold convoy information.

You can try looking in the following files.

Program
scripts
GoldFleet.C

Oh thats about all i can find, maybe someone else can help you further with files that might have something to do with ships on world map etc.

Back