• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pntel and ragetti on Tortuga

piratejack

Landlubber
I cant find pintel and ragetti on tortuga. I can find a cursed skeleton but i dont know if he has anything to do with it.

Sorry for my Bad english I'm from the Netherlands.

It is pretty tricky to find them :cheeky

Look in the town part of Tortuga (go to the end opposite to the port [so across the whole port part of town]) and find a gate and this will take you to Tortuga town ;)

What if not all buildings (store/shipwright/etc) are in the port, but at least one is in the other part?
Alternatively, do we NEED the other part? Maybe we could remove it altogether to prevent confusion.
Or just add something in the dialog saying that they're 'through the gates' or something?
They're not actually HARD to find if you now there's another part to the town.

Oh... how about opening up the church location? Bit closed right now.
The skeleton chasing the monk is just a joke and has no meaning. :shrug

The only building in the town section is Will Turners house and Prison ;)

We could open up the church but being Tortuga it wouldn't get used xD:

Maybe add that famous brothel in there? :razz
Prison and Will Turner's house could easily be moved to the port, no?

I found them but after i found the secret island and the chest with the gold an everything something really weird happened. I was betrayed by Barbossa and put o the island but im still on the ship i see two jacks and and island but i cant come to the island. If i try to talk to barbossa the game crashes and when i save it and load it is see the island but im walking on the sea. Hopefully somebody recognizes this and can help me.

Which game version are you using? Get Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3. There was a double-characters bug, but it was fixed.

That was reported in a couple of versions ago and was fixed nearly as soon as it was reported, it could be a dodgy install and your using an old code file :modding

evenin' gents. just thought i'd inform you that there's an issue with Pintel and Ragetti.

When you first go to recruit them, Pintel doesn't seem to be there. All i see is Ragetti, and when asked what he can do, he starts responding, trailing off. and then i'm stuck. I'm guessing, judging by their canonical personalities, Pintel is supposed to interrupt him here. But, as stated, he's nowhere to be found. anyone encountered or found a solution to this issue?

I know this is an old topic, but the issue came up and, following a search, revealed this was the closest topic to the issue as i could find.

To help ease identification, i'm using Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 5.

Any help would be appreciated...

I'm no help here. I never did find either one of them. The gate to the other part of the city is locked. Always has been. :shrug

In build 14 Beta 1 Patch 5

I have just played this through and Pintel & Ragetti were both there and the dialog worked ok. Yes one of them interupts the other's dialog. xD:

Did you talk to Barbossa after you exited the tavern - you should - sometimes that affects it .

Do you have any error logs? ( system - compile - error )

To enter the 2nd part of tortuga don't go too near the gate or you will pass the trigger point - if you are standing right in front of the gate with your nose up against it take a few steps backwards until you get the icon at top left of screen. then it should work.

yes, i did talk to Barbossa. in fact, what REALLY happened, was that i left the tavern, completely forgot about the comical duo, went all the way to Isla de Muerta, got to land, started to get curious, turned round and spoke to Barbossa, got reminded, sailed all the way BACK to Tortuga, went to the tavern, left it, talked to Barbossa again [which sparked a humorous remark by Jack over the possibility that Barbossa loved Pintel], left, went to the back of Tortoga port, into the town itself, found Ragetti, and spoke to him. Pintel wasn't present, and as such, when Ragetti trailed off, there was nobody to continue for him...

Pintel probably got upset at being left behind and p#$$%d off. - Ragetti is too stupid to do that and just stays there xD:

If you want them to go with you, you will probably have to go back to a save before you forgot them and play it through again.

I don't think they have any more dialog - don't know if it will break the quest if they are not with you on Isla de Muerte - the important person is Barbossa since he has lots to talk to you about.

:drunk

Back