• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PA! P!2 Q&A

K

Keith

OK fellas, Finally we have the go ahead for our own Pirates! Q&A so like usual write your questions here :D

Hrmmm. Guess my first question would have to be:
Can we actually be pirates (i.e. on the wrong side of the law, hunted, etc) in this game, or are we forced to be squeaky clean privateers/intrepid adventurers?

And one more if I may:
Will there be significant modding capabilities as in Morrowind, another user of Gambryo? Perhaps even a Toolset cd shipped with the game to ensure years of fan enjoyment and replayibility?

Thanks for revisiting one of the greatest games ever! :D:

BP, sorry mate thats already been answered, it will not have any multiplayer in it

Q: Will there be a set character with a set plot, or will there be more than one playable character with a different plot/adventure?

Q: Will there be muskets, and if so, who will carry them...Main Character/Soldiers?

Q: How many nations will be present in this game, and if answered what will those nations be. I hope for the US as a power in this game?

Q: And on that note, what year will this game start in?

Q: Is there better character develpoment than that of POTC?

Q: Can your character get injured "physically"? Maybe get cut and have a scar for the rest of his life.

Q: Will there be better crew interactment, instead of just being able to converse with your officers, can you talk to your deckhands?

Q: Will the ships have better lightings than POTC, where as the laterns on the back of the ship actually light up?

Q: Will you be able to customize your ship. Paint, Sail Logo's, Decals??

As you can see I have enough questions to overflow and sink a ship. :D

What types of ships will be available?

Will it require different skill levels to command larger vessels?

Will ships show damage?

How is fencing done? How different is it from P! Gold?

Will we find "lost relatives" in this version as well?

What do the towns look like? Will they be `in-depth` and will the character be able to physically explore them?

How large of a fleet can the player have?

For those who WANT to be a privateer, will the ecomomics be put more into the game than they were in the original Pirates?

How do land battles play out?

I would like to know If you will be forced into retirement or will you be able to continue playing your career as long as you like.

When you do retire, will you recieve a rank and title as in Pirates! Gold

Will you be able to store your treasure and see it like you could in Pirates! Gold

1) Can you swordfight more than 1 opponent at a time, or will they "line up"?

2) Can you serve any nation you want?

On the subject of economics, how much variety in trade items will there be?

How BIG is this world we will play in (is it restricted to the Caribbean)?

So far I've seen keyboard control for swordfighting - and to me it looks a little awkward. Please elaborate on the moves and control for swordfights, if you can.

Can we "work" for more than one nation?

(can't think of any more at the moment)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Black_Pearl`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black_Pearl)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hmm, 1.what do you think about PA?[/quote]

Now that's one we can answer quite easily. :D

We love the site... you would be surprised if you knew exactly how many people from Firaxis and Atari visit.

Keep up the good work!

-MDF

They love us....they really really love us........ :D: :D

Oooh! I just thought of another burning question! :D
Is there any chance it could be arranged in the game that we'd have the ability to maroon unwanted prisoners, hostages, unruly crewmen, etc? Frankly I'm stunned that with the many pirate games out there, NONE have ever included this feature. Sure, many including the original Pirates! make it possible for YOU to BE marooned, but not to do the marooning. This was such a common practice too, so it would only add to the historical authenticity!
Granted it would be a minor feature, but how cool would this be: just before dividing your loot you maroon a dozen or so scalywags to fatten everyone else's share....but it comes back to haunt you later as those guys get off the godforsaken spit of land, get a ship and come after ya! Boom! Instant cool side quest: Defend yourself and your loot from marauding `ex-crewmen` bent on revenge! :D:

Now that would be great. Maybe you should kill them instead of marooning them on a god forsaken rock :D

I would like to know about what period in pirate history this game is going to be based. Also will this be a dynamic world and economy? In other words will the events and prices of goods be effected by actions the player takes?

Oh that's GREAT, YankeePyrate! I love it!

Also, it is really good to know the game developers are wandering around in here on occasion. After all, we're a target audience, I'd think, and if I do say so myself, we have a lot of good ideas! The attention is HIGHLY appreciated, and I hope it helps to make the games better! :D

Thank you, Michael! Welcome aboard, pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :D

Thanks Catalina. You're right - any attention from the devs is extremely appreciated and the thought that some of our questions just may help Sid make Pirates! even better is thrilling.
I should think that this community would naturally be a pirate game demographics researcher's dream come true! :D

Let me drop another question too. Sorry Keith!
Will it be possible to dump unwanted goods/cannons while at sea in case we need an extra burst of speed? Also, will be able to transfer men, arms, and goods between our ships at any point, not just port?

more the better mate dosnt bother me if people add them as they think of them :D Jus as long as they do add them

Will it be possible to dump unwanted goods/cannons while at sea in case we need an extra burst of speed? Also, will be able to transfer men, arms, and goods between our ships at any point, not just port?

Well you can do that in POTC, just sail up to any of your ships and move items between them.

Back