• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modding

Beneke

Landlubber
Ok im having a problem with editing files. every time i edit a file and finish, when i try to save it says acces to programfiles/x/x/x/x/x was denied. why soes this happen? ive modded the coas keys before and it didnt happen. do i need to reinstall the game into another directory? if so, will i lose everything? also do i have to reinstall cmv3? im trying to edit the files for the tenochitlan quest

Do you have your game in Program Files? Windows security measures can prevent you from modding there.
Try moving the game folder over to, say, C:\Games or something.
You'll have to update your shortcuts on desktop/Start Menu, but it should work.

No copy and pasting means you'll have 2 copies of the game installed, move the inter game directory over to its new location.

Ugh, i moved the files somewhere else but now ir says im running vanilla version, and my save files dont work should i move it back or should i reinstall cmv3?

Thats weird, since i only use XP i don't know how vista and windows 7 work. If you get no help or are in a rush to play COAS with CMV3.1.5 and mod it yourself then my tip would be to install COAS again to a new location though (where Pieter said) and then install CMV3.1.5, and move your savegame files over to the freshly installed copy of COAS/CMV3.1.5 and see if that works.

nevermind i fixed it. i edited what i needed then moved the files back to C: Program Files

Thanks though! :onya

Why don't you leave the game in C:\Games in case you want to mod something in the future?
I find it too much trouble to move the folder around time and time again. :razz

yeah, thats what i thought at first as well, but for some reason when its in the games folder, cmv3 wont run.
I could uninstall the game and put the fresh copy on games then install cmv3 again, but i dont want to risk losing my save file or current mods, so ill just wait untill i finish playing xD:

Back