• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ModDB "Mod of the Year" Award 2010

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Seems our mod has been recognised in the ModDB community as a worthy contender for the Mod of the Year award for 2010!
w00t.gif

The votes will be counted up, and a top 100 mods will be generated.
Once that's done, there'll be another chance to vote for the prestigious top 10.

To cast your vote, click here and scroll down until you see the 'Nominate for Mod of the Year 2010' banner.
Members' votes count in different ways; long time members' votes are worth more than new members' votes, and guests' ones are worth even less.
Click here for the full explanation, and a list of the different awards up for grabs.

I think we all know where our votes lie... so why not show it? The Build mod is certainly worthy of this kind of recognition, at least in the top 100!
danse1.gif

Don't all mods get the "vote" option? I don't know anything about being "nominated".

But of course I voted for us and I hope everybody else will too.
I agree with Experienced Captain: It'd be good if we could make it into the top 100, even if we wouldn't win.

For good measure, I voted for the CoAS: Combined Modpack as well.

I think nomination has to do with how active the mod is; it needs to have been significantly updated this year.

And that's a fair point, the CoAS mod should also have a chance.
yes.gif

Shouldn't we post it as a news, for more visibility and more chances? ;)

i think this is probably way too late. but a suggestion for the future [i'm sure we'll try and get into the top 100 2011 awards]. try editing the first post of the topic. there should be an option there to specify. failing that, perhaps trying the moderator panel from the forum view and selecting a topic. that's how it works for PHPBB, at least.

wouldn't be surprised if we did. the Build mod has become a REASON to buy the game, rather than a minor addition. it's reached the point where PoTC is on par with even the latest pirate games as a result of the mod. If that isn't enough to qualify it as a Mod of the Year, i dunno what is...

Back