• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ModDB "Mod of the Year" Award 2010

Sorry, I never posted the results. You'll find them here.
Some games had multiple mods entered, others only one, but you can see what we're up against.
These mods are really serious, clearly with a lot more extremely capable modders than us.
Unfortunately, I can't find the number of votes, but we'd need hundreds more votes to get there...
It's amazing what people can achieve these days. :shock

Bah, next year we should hold the other candidate's creators for ransom! He He!

Reminds me of an amazing total conversion mod I played for KotOR 2. Great storyline (not how I would have wanted a third KotOR to be) but very entertaining. But it was not very popular as it was abandoned once beta was finished. Good news is that the final is being worked on once again. (Build 14 is still the best mod ever)

wouldn't be surprised if we did. the Build mod has become a REASON to buy the game, rather than a minor addition. it's reached the point where PoTC is on par with even the latest pirate games as a result of the mod. If that isn't enough to qualify it as a Mod of the Year, i dunno what is...
In my opinion it is superior to the latest pirate games :p

Sid Meier's Pirates? Tha last time I played that was on my old Commodore 64 that I bought in 1983. Is that game still around? :8q

Sid Meier's Pirates? Tha last time I played that was on my old Commodore 64 that I bought in 1983. Is that game still around? :8q
It has since been re-released (well, a modern version), for the PC, Xbox 360 and Wii. :dance
Another version was also released for Playstation Portable, which is more console-friendly but graphically inferior, I believe.
And there was even a mobile phone version at some point! :shock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Pirates!_%282004_video_game%29

EDIT: Even though I've only played the PSP version, I still believe it can't beat New Horizions... :cheeky

I'd suggest to check it out. I even made a review of it for Wii in the sid meier forum (the pc version has been around since '05, I can't believe ye haven't heard of it mate!)

New Horizons gameplay is better in general and the gameworld is bigger, but SMP is open ended and easier to learn.

Back