• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mix

Cpt Nogo

Landlubber
Can i "mix" two different ships? I'd like to mix the sails and the masts from the Pearl in the folder "POTC Movieship part1", "theBlackPearl" and not "Blackpearl", with the hull from the Pearl in the latest build (14beta2.1).
Is it possible to do? :s

Sure it is possible. I recently put the masts and sails from a first rate onto a 2nd rate. But there will probably be some mismatches, which will require you to adjust this mast forward and that mast down, etc. in order to make things look ok.

You only need two tools. GMViewer and TOOL. They are available in the downloads section at the top of the page. They don't come with instructions so it will take some time to set them up. You need to point them to your POTC install and then to the models and textures folders.

Start with GMViewer. It is the easiest to set up and it will show you what GMs and reys are. TOOL is used to modify GMs. It is easy to use once you get used to it, but if something goes wrong you are screwed, so back up your backups before you start!

In GMVIEWER, note the paths on the left. Make yours look like that. Also notice the checks on the bottom left. When you have more questions we will answer them here. :)

Attachments

• TOOL with path.jpg
    TOOL with path.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 97
  • GMViewer with paths.jpg
    GMViewer with paths.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 93
Do you have GMViewer working properly? You start by selecting the hard drive POTC is installed into and then follow the paths to the ships models and then textures.

TOOL is kind of hard to set up. I still don't have it working properly. But the same principle applies as with GMViewer. You have to guide it to your POTC install. Then to test it click on "open GM", select one, and then click on "view".

I meant, the size, the cutting, the format ! :eek:
I don't how to explain. :s

This is what they look like in the Build 14 Beta 2.1 :

Attachments

• Pearl.jpg
    Pearl.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 82
And this is what i'd like they look like..
And that without changing the masts ! :eek:

Attachments

• Pearl2.jpg
    Pearl2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 68
Ohh. You want to change how far down the sails go. That is easily done in TOOL. Do you want them all raised, or just the lower sails?

No. :(
You can see on those pictures that the reys from the Pearl and the Pearl2 are different?
I think that is the problem. :s
I try to exchange the reys from the two ships but now the sails look... weird. :s

I have been gone for several days. The Black Pearl in Beta 2.1 is completely different from the older Black Pearl. It will take some work in TOOL to change the rope numbering system from one to the other. I only have the new Black Pearl, not the old one, so I would have to make another older install before I could do that work, and I have other projects that I am already working on. Could you learn to use TOOL?

Back