• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medievil Total War

its more like 8 o r 9 medium sized countries when you play medival total war

as for the playing till PotC comes out im playing Gangland its awesome! i recremend if you have a good internet connection and a good computer you download the multiplayer demo of it.

I've just started playing this game recently, I like it but have a teeny tiny little rant about it:

Reinforcements. Why did they even bother to include that option? It just annoys the hell out of me; you have no control over which units come in and when. And then there are the computer's reinforcements... you defeat their main army and they start sending one or two units at you at a time for the next thirty minutes! The egyptians were bad for that.. everything they sent at me would run away! I won that battle because fo the 135 minute time limit.. 135 minutes of just chasing enemy units off of the map! Blah! :rolleyes:

Just wait till Rome: Total War comes out, its gonna be awesome providing your PC can handle the grahics :d:

Why did they even bother to include that option? It just annoys the hell out of me; you have no control over which units come in and when.

yes u do.... especially with the exp pack, u do it before the battle. when u have ur army before u, basicly the order they are in is the order they will come into the battle, plus u can set the point where the reinforcements go.... and the whole thing with the computer reinforcements i totaly agree... so annoying... but still it does get my men more valor for more killing of retreating unit :dio that and lots more prisoners to execute or ransom back :p:

I think it'd be cool if they could manage to make 18th/19th century style fighting work. I realize that the whole aspect of just standing and shooting, and the lack fo diversitty of units would throw some people off.. but it woudl also shift more emphasis onto strategy, as opposed to jus thaving the right kinds of units.. Also, there isn't a better era for sea battles! xD:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spaz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spaz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i think next they should do China, or Greece/Persia, classical times...[/quote]

my understanding of it is that rome will be covering the bulk of the classical period

that and i dont think that they would go very deeply into the greeco persian stuff, and rather stay with the building of the roman empire.

from what i can tell, the use of the word 'Rome' was a convenient shorthand that has market appeal, half of the screenies i've seen have been spartan and persian units and a lot of the releases last time i looked at the site concerned that tactics of `pre-roman` units. remembet that each game actually tends to cover at least three 'ages'

dunno were but im sure ive seen a few legion screenshots that are very romanish, i think it was from that gameshow they have in the UK

ya most of the screenies ive seen are of legionairs, and a few of the other guys...

from what it says at EBgames.com it looks like there will be the Romans, carthagenians (sp), later greeks (says alexanders decendants, and proley allot of different barbarians (gaul,germania,etc..). there will proley be some persians, im gonna check out the site now, post again in a few minutes

go to fileplanet and ypu can find a bunch of total war movies, showing greek,roman,egyptian, and barbarian armies.

I hope in the game you can fight other Roman units and have a civil wars, esspecially if it starts before the end of the Republic or torwards the end of the empire perhaps.

ya... 9/14 but im fine to wait, ive <i>been</i> waiting for 2 years so a few more months wont kill me

Back