• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Landing Party not working

Javrimir

Powder Monkey
What about an officer? I hired one with the ability "Landing party", but when I sailed to Leviathan Rock (nearest beach to smugglers lair) nothing happens.

@Javrimir: Did you capture/sink all hostile ships around the island first? If there are still pirate ships in the scene, then you can't attack a pirate town yet.

The landing party ability is still underdeveloped also.
It does actually DO stuff. It just doesn't quite match with the description. :shrug

What about an officer? I hired one with the ability "Landing party", but when I sailed to Leviathan Rock (nearest beach to smugglers lair) nothing happens.
@Levis, do you know if officers are checked for that Ability? If not, they probably should.

@Pieter Boelen @Javrimir tried to go to a beach and land his troops there. As far as I know that's not working at the moment. The only thing the ability does if you are boarding a fort/town it gives you more crew right?

Nope, I capured right now all pirates ships around Grenada. Then I could land on Leviathan Rock to conquer the smugglers lair.
Now I named it into "Kontrabandnye Lager" ;)
Pieter was right.

@Javrimir tried to go to a beach and land his troops there. As far as I know that's not working at the moment.
What it allows you to do:
1. Go to an island in 3D Sailing Mode that has a Pirate Town without a fort
2. Sink all PIRATE ships around the island
3. Sail to a beach that serves as the "port" for that Pirate Town
4. REMAIN in 3D Sailing Mode
5. Use the [Enter] menu to select the "Land Troops" ability
6. Get into the Capture Colonies process for that town

That totally works. :yes

Nope, I capured right now all pirates ships around Grenada. Then I could land on Leviathan Rock to conquer the smugglers lair.
Now I named it into "Kontrabandnye Lager" ;)
Pieter was right.
Thanks for confirming! :cheers

U bent van harte welkom, Mijnheer :cheers
I guess it's clear, which beach should be aimed for capturing the pirate settlement in Nevis. But what about the buccaneers camp in Hispaniola? Is it the beach Boca de Hubon?
First I will not touch the pirates on Nevis, until I got a 1st rate class ship which I will improve in the pirate shipyard with that corsair thing, but the buccaneers on Hispaniola could be next the gain for my Russian Cossack-conquest :D

Yes, Boca de Hubon leads to the Hispaniola Buccaneer Camp. Nevis Pirate Settlement is also fair game as it has no fort either - it's Charlestown, round the corner on the same island, which will need that 1st rate ship. Good luck getting the corsair refit! Only Pirate colonies can fit it, and they don't like you. The ex-Pirate colonies which you've taken over are now Personal, not Pirate, so they can't fit it any more.
It doesn't have to be a Pirate town. Oranjstad, Aruba, doesn't have a fort either. ;)

But what about the buccaneers camp in Hispaniola? Is it the beach Boca de Hubon?
I am admittedly not sure. You may have to try a few.
Since I'm not at home, I cannot look it up in the game.

Which gives me an idea: What if the buyable Island Maps would have a "skull and crossbones" for the "pirate ports"?
That might serve to explain it.

2. Sink all PIRATE ships around the island
3. Sail to a beach that serves as the "port" for that Pirate Town
4. REMAIN in 3D Sailing Mode
5. Use the [Enter] menu to select the "Land Troops" ability
6. Get into the Capture Colonies process for that town

That totally works. :yes
Thanks for confirming! :cheers

I thought it was any Town without a Fort, not just Pirate Towns.

So you use it to capture Orangestad on Aruba , or Alice Town on Eluthera - just have to sink all ships arround the island belonging to the same country as the town.

But what about the buccaneers camp in Hispaniola? Is it the beach Boca de Hubon?

From memory :yes - I think it is.

:drunk

It doesn't have to be a Pirate town. Oranjstad, Aruba, doesn't have a fort either. ;)
Correct. :onya

I thought it was any Town without a Fort, not just Pirate Towns.

So you use it to capture Orangestad on Aruba , or Alice Town on Eluthera - just have to sink all ships arround the island belonging to the same country as the town.
And correct. :onya

I only used "Pirate" as an example. Indeed it applies equally to those others. :yes

Back