• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow: after Storm Scene, Davy Jones gives Justine Le Moigne instead of Black Pearl

jack sparring

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
i'm guessing my high level (34) probably triggered this as i see in the guide that :
Lucas the Admirals Son & Justine Le Moigne --- available after Curse of the Black Pearl - or before you get the Black Pearl from Davy Jones - if you have reached a certain level

so i speak with davy jones , in the first line i ask him how does he know my name, but then he says i owe him for giving me the black pearl and...blah blah... gives me justine le moigne, while i am still with becketts ship.

Do you have a savegame just prior to that point? That needs checking! :shock

I think I figured it out. To switch between the two behaviours for Davy Jones, the following if-statement was in place:
Code:
if (pchar.quest.main_line == "speak_with_peasant" && CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"EITC_Passport"))
This "EITC_Passport" was originally added for Jack Sparrow quest purposes only.
However, recently this was expanded on and now you can lose it through "Unrespectable Acts"/Acts of Piracy at sea.
According to your Ship's Log, you did engage in some of those, which probably is the reason for the lost EITC Passport.
You may have gotten a warning about that ("Tutorial - Dealing with International Relations" quest entry) at some point.

Anyway, that seems to have been what confused Davy Jones. To fix it, replace that code with:
Code:
if (pchar.quest.main_line == "speak_with_peasant")
I see no reason why that extra check should even be there anyway. :shrug

Just in case, I searched the rest of the PROGRAM folder for similar situations and found some more.
First impression is that none should actually be all that bad, though in some cases I definitely don't understand what is meant to be going on.
One of the dialogs I was looking at seemed to not form much of a coherent progression, but I'm not sure if that one is even used at all.

And Barbossa addresses you differently the "first time" depending on whether you've got that license.
Then regardless of the status, he starts a quest case that doesn't seem to exist. So I'm just removing that one.
Some of the Jack Sparrow quest coding can be a bit.... messy. :shock

According to your Ship's Log, you did engage in some of those, which probably is the reason for the lost EITC Passport.
You may have gotten a warning about that ("Tutorial - Dealing with International Relations" quest entry) at some point.

I think it was at some english port (probably speightstown) when coming out of port - into sea there where 2 french warships with lots of cannons attacking me and the fort from the moment the screen loaded. I had no choice but to attack cause the wind was blowing from the narrow port exit towards me and i don't think i could get myself out of it peacefully with a flag change as i had a whole fort behind me and leaving would take lots of time cause of the wind. I did sink the big one, even though the fort did all of the work and then i heard the bell and saw that i lost it.

I think that's the one but not 100% because at some savepoints i went back and replayed to test stuff so now i remember some things happening which are not actually in the savegames.

I think i noticed though that when i lost the EITC passport my trading prices at stores became better (lower buying, higher selling) so i didn't care much. The 'breakup' with me and EITC was already taking place so i thought it actually made sense in a way that i lost it.

Now that it is fixed i will be playtesting it when i have the time and will see if anything else like this happens.

I think it was at some english port (probably speightstown) when coming out of port - into sea there where 2 french warships with lots of cannons attacking me and the fort from the moment the screen loaded. I had no choice but to attack cause the wind was blowing from the narrow port exit towards me and i don't think i could get myself out of it peacefully with a flag change as i had a whole fort behind me and leaving would take lots of time cause of the wind. I did sink the big one, even though the fort did all of the work and then i heard the bell and saw that i lost it.
Can happen, I suppose. On the first bell sound, you shouldn't lose your EITC Passport though.
If you did the same thing a second time though, then you would.

I think i noticed though that when i lost the EITC passport my trading prices at stores became better (lower buying, higher selling) so i didn't care much. The 'breakup' with me and EITC was already taking place so i thought it actually made sense in a way that i lost it.
That should NOT be happening; in fact, it should be the other way around. But YIKES, you're right!
My mistake for using the shipyard price modifier instead of just hardcoding it as 1.0.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\Characters to fix. :shock

Now that it is fixed i will be playtesting it when i have the time and will see if anything else like this happens.
Both the above two points are related to some brand new features that haven't seen much testing yet,
so all testing and comments on it will be very welcome! :woot

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 75
Back