• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

is it possible to extract 3d models from Naval Action?

Indeed, that was about Storm Engine.
Not sure about Naval Action as I don't have the game.

The post previous to the one you quoted should explain why those tools have been linked.
The links are as a response to if it is possible to extract models from the storm engine, not "Naval Action".
Anyway, welcome aboard!
I take the title of the post: "is it possible to extract 3d models from Naval Action?"
and it is to this question that I would like an answer, otherwise I can explain to you how to recover the dae of flight sim

Question: Is it possible to extract 3D models from Naval Action?
Answer: Not as far as we know.

Question: Is it possible to extract 3D models from Naval Action?
Answer: Not as far as we know.
Apparently there is a Russian modder somewhere who did it (with 3D ripper or something);
and then used @Artess999's plugin to get the results into the Storm engine:
unknown.png

Unsurprisingly, it seems the developers of Naval Action found out; and weren't particularly amused...

I tried importing the .obj file from GM Viewer into Blender and Cura, and both ended up looking like the picture attached... not great. For reference, the second picture is the what the .GM model looks in gm viewer. Does anyone know why it screws it up so bad when its converted to .obj?

thanks.

Attachments

• messed up conny blender.png
    messed up conny blender.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 50
  • gm viewer view.png
    gm viewer view.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 53
Back