• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

is it posible to make COAS multiplayer?

jhayron

Arubian pirate
Hey guy I was looking into the folders and saw a Net folder so I'm guessing akella let this game un finishid right and if we remember in the configuration aplication of the game where you set the resoloution and things the first time we had to chek the emty box to go full screen and there's a message that said warning if u go full screen bla bla I can't remember that but it said something about online play do you guys think we can make this game multiplayer so we can play against each other online? I know we will need a server that's for sure bcs I don't think that akella or seaward let one open for the game that they didn't even fininshing so let me know what u guys think any comment is welcome

It is possible. The German Edition guys have achieved it. Unfortunately they didn't share how they were able to do it with PA.

MK

hmmmm its good to hear that but sad that they dont help out by we all join together in making the game better really sad we will have to try by our self

That's an option but who is going to ask them? It must be one of you guys I mean an admin of piratesahoy

I'll let someone else ask then. When Thagarr asked, he said they just told him it wasn't that hard. Well I must be stupid then cause I couldn't figure it out.

MK

Cmn MK ofcourse you are not stupid it is just that this isn't a priority right now u are working on Modding this game not making it multiplayer and it is not important on making it multiplayer for now work on your Era's Mod that we all are waiting for :D and I'm with you on every desicion you make for the Mod and the other topic that everyone is commenting
MK you are the best keep up the good work uhm and one more thing about german modders and russians why do we have to ask them how they make something work bla bla I think it should come from there heart bcs WHY WOULD THEY make a mod just for them to enjoy I think u can count how much ppl is playing COAS in russia or was lucky to buy the game bcs they didn't make allot of copy of the game since seaward.ru dissapear
What I'm saying is we all should join together in making COAS better bcs PotC is old in my opinion

In a idea world that would be the way to go, sadly we are not in a ideal world and so we see people doing things for them selves and not willing to share their work. A shame because if everyone pulled together the true potential of COAS could be seen and we would have a new amazing pirate game to go along side POTC .

totally agree.. this game is very addicting.. destroying sht with a squadron of fully upgraded manowars and soleil royals.. all hell breaks loose!!!.. :ship love this game.. :dance enhancing it further would make it even more awesome and worth every playing time..

Do we really have to keep pointing fingers? I do firmly believe that is VERY counter-productive.
And for all we know, the Russians and Germans could be thinking the same way about u, whether we believe that would be warranted or not.

Since for the German Edition modpack they have not edited the game's source code, anything they did, we can do.
Moreover, anything they did, we can detect using WinMerge. I had intended to do that before going to sea, but ran out of time.
But I'm quite willing to try again when I get back home; just give me a couple of months and I'll do what I can.

Back