• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I have find a spy

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
the governor of tortuga asked me to find a spy in the town. Any clue?
Sorry I had an error on the tiltle. "I have to find a spy"*

Go around the streets and ask everyone you see, there should be new dialog to choose from for the quest. If you can't find the spy in the streets check the houses. I've only ever found the spies in the streets so i don't know if they go in the taverns. Your best bet would be to save straight after your given quests like that so you can reload should it go all wrong. When you have found the spy head back to the governers home. The spy will follow you so no need to worry about him running off (never captured a female spy but there could be either sex i guess).

damn, nothing. I always see the same ppl around the town. I cant find that spy and its the second day. Should I try in the night? he is a spy, I think he will do his job when no one is seeing him.

I think you should be able to find him during the day. Anyway I had them both, in- and outside. If they are on the streets you should get line saying something like "governor has hired me to find a spy" when talking to the people on the street. And if he's inside that line will be missing from dialogue with the people on the street. You should be able to spot him easily, since he won't approach you when you enter the room like normal citizens, chatter with him will be pretty obvious, but he will attack you in the end.

ok I started a new game and I got the quest from the port royal governor three times, the first two times I had the dialog option asking to ppl if they are the spies but the third time I dont have that dialog message so I dont know where to find that spy. I have entered all the houses in port royal and everyone come to me so they are not the spies.

When speaking with someone you can't do anything else like draw your sword or something because it remove the dialog (bug, not sure how to fix it) but when your walking the streets you will alway's end up going back to places you had already checked. I can't remember which key it was i think it was F12, but when pushed near a person it would give you there names and some stats. Use that to eliminate people you have already asked (hope you have a good memory) i not then just ask them again. Sooner or later you'll find the spy, but you could have been the docks several times before finding the spy, so going over places you have already searched is very much needed. I once had searched the whole town a few times and when i was about to give up and leave the town i saw a guy i hadn't questioned standing near the shipyard, turned out to be the spy.

When I get this quest I usually like to start in the houses. Half of the houses are usually locked, and it's easy to go door-to-door around the city looking for the spy. When inside the house, always look out for the people who don't introduce themselves to you right away like they normally do, and always - ALWAYS - check in all of the rooms in the house. It's happened to me several times where I'd walk inside, the resident would introduce themselves to me, and I'd enter the bedroom upstairs and find the spy. The spies are always located in the normal houses, never in any of the fast travel locations like the tavern, store, etc. If I can't find the spy inside, I'll talk to everyone I come across and usually ask them about rumors... "how's life on dry land" or whatever the chat says. The spies will always avoid answering questions, so if you start asking somebody about local rumors or if you ask them about the town and the dialogue closes and they walk away, you've found your spy. You should also see a chat cue to question him about being a spy before you report back to the governor. I hope this helps your search. If anything doesn't make sense, let me know.

IMO, this quest gets glitched sometimes; you don't get the dialog option when talking to citizens.

IMO, this quest gets glitched sometimes; you don't get the dialog option when talking to citizens.
that is what I was talking about.

What I usually do is save before talking to the governor. If I get the quest then try to talk to a citizen and get the glitch, I reload from my save file and try again until it works.

If you don't get dialogue option when talking to citizens, than spy is in one of the houses (well, it was 9/10 times I've got that anyway) :)

So he/she is in a house? I never knew that. I'll have to check that out next time I play and I get the quest.

I don't usually get the dialogue option until after I've talked to a few of the people in town unless I find the spy right away, which actually happened once. The genius was standing right in front of the governor's door. Either way, I always save right before I accept one of the governor's quests as a general rule of thumb, partly because of the occasional glitch, but mainly because some of their quests are just really annoying.

Back