• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to reload a cannon?

zakuza

Landlubber
Pretty simple question, I'm lvl 1 and im trying to sail to a another place to finish a quest lol. I fired the cannons to a ship that was firing at me first, but can't fire again. Is ther a reload button? (Yes checked the controls panels and yes i have cannons left over.)

Thanks

Its an automatic reload, being level one though you and your crew arent experienced so it will be very slow :yes

Of course you could purchase the lowest calibure cannon not culverine because they take longer to load than cannons. You can then reload your guns much faster and build that all important aiming and cannon skills up and build the crew up too,if you have CMV2 installed then when you have over 10 skill points in cannons purchase the next calibure which would be 6Ibs if you don't have CMV2 installed then purchase the next calibure when your skill is about 15 because the next calibure would be 16Ibs. Also when you run out of gun powder you don't get a message which could for a few minutes leave you questioning why the guns are not reloading, i expected either a message to state gun powder had been used or someone say out load we have run out of gun powder or maybe a sysbol on screen that appears after the gun powder drops bellow a set value (ie 300 units) and remains till you restock the gun powder levels back up above 300 at which point the sysbol closes till the gun powder drops back bellow the 300 units.

Also you can not only press R to incerase speed, but also + to incerase speed and - to lower speed. The maximum speed that can be set by pressing + is 6x or 7x, I think, thought make sure that time boost by pressing R is set off, because I think it has some limit too 'n stuff. (Told this incase you wanted to know how to reload cannons faster) :will

Back