• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

Thanks for answer so soon. sorry for the delay

I had installed a sky mod but uninstalling it fixed the problem. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but it seems that it does because the problem has not returned.

The only mods that I have installed are here in the link that I put you and if I am right one of them created the conflict. I think it was the one that changes the sky.

Steam Community :: Guide :: [ENG] INTRODUCING: MODS! 9 MODS TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME

Ahoy there
I installed the mod for the first time onto my Steam game, and I played for several hours.
Suddenly I got crashed out and when I try to log in this save or any other save (total of 7 saves), the game crashes automatically and goes back to Steam.

Any idea how to fix this issue?
Save file attached:

Attachments

• NewMod1 QuickSave 1.zip
    775.8 KB · Views: 490
And just now I tried again & again and once I opened my profile account upon entering game, this crash happened:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 513
Any idea how to fix this issue?
For PotC, I'd suggest deleting the file named "options" from your main game folder.
I've got no clue if that works (or is even possible) for TEHO, but it might be worth a try. :doff

Unfortunately even so, when I enter my save game profile I automatically get that Runtime error.
Now it is always the same situation with that alert showing, and game screen freezing and only possibility to press Enter to exit game automatically.

Ps. A new compile documents pops up on game folder everytime I crash.

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.3 KB · Views: 356
  • engine.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 404
Unfortunately even so, when I enter my save game profile I automatically get that Runtime error.
Are the savegames put anywhere you have access to them? If so, you could try taking them out and see if the game does behave itself.
Maybe one of them is corrupted and confusing things?

Nothing obvious in those two files.

I am assuming you have the right version of the game and the mod.

What other mods are you using? I've never used quicksave so I don't know the normal file name convention. If you're using kb31's mod to fix quicksave I haven't tested it with Hookmod. If you are not using kb31's mod, keep in mind that quicksave has been known to cause problems; the developers have called it "Evil". If you are using begginfokillz's mod I have no idea if it even works and you're on your own.

It might be that the crash has corrupted something. Disable Hookmod and try another profile. You can enable and disable Hookmod at any time without affecting your game or saved games; instructions are in the readme file, it only takes one file edit: Look near the top of tehomod_hookmod.ini and change "Enabled=1" to "Enabled=0".

Good luck. And thanks Pieter for looking at this.

Hook

I only have Hooks mod, and I installed from the first post of this thread.
Never used mods before.
I just unzipped and pasted onto the Sea Dogs folder in Steam, then did some changes as suggested on the readme file.

Now I tried other profiles from older save files and it works fine. It's just the profile which I started yesterday that doensn't work at all. As soon as I enter profile, game crashes via Runtime error.

If other saves work without the mod, the game is good.
If other saves work with the mod, the mod is good.
If you can save on another profile (through the menu, not quicksave) with the mod running, and load those saves, everything is as it should be.
If only one save in the profile crashes, that save is bad.
If all saves from a profile always cause the game to crash, with or without the mod, then the profile is corrupted.

Don't use quicksave. I save a dozen times between entering a port and leaving and I always go through the menu. I've never had a problem. It is easy to delete old saves you no longer need: once you have the first one selected for delete you just keep hitting Enter to take the default. Don't hit it once too often. :)

Hook

Yes now I auto crash just when I enter the profile. So most likely profile cannot be accessed anymore.
What a nice waste of 5 hours last night :p

Not a total waste. You got to try out the mod and don't have to worry about it affecting any other of your saves. :)

Did you like the mod? Will you be using it in other games?

I liked the sea map zone division coordinates. The slowness of time is also nice, that way you don't mess up the deadline for quests.
Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else since I was still level 2.
But yes nice work overall, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't crash out of my saves!

I am using the quicksave all the time and it has not given me problems since they fixed it by putting the three parts. but without doubts it is not the mod.

that happened to me many times before when I did not have the mod and before they fixed the quicksave and before some patch I do not remember which one.

If you do not have the updated version expect that problem continuously.

And I started a new game without the mods about 2 hours ago.
I deleted everything and reinstalled on Steam.

Now 2 hours in, and whenever I try to go to open world, the game crashes, as seen on save file attached.

So most definitely the problem is coming from the game itself.
I have not received any Steam update on this game since 2017, so I'm not sure why on earth this problem started arising.

Attachments

• Curacao - Sea.zip
    730.5 KB · Views: 478
Hey mate! I really liked your changes to the game especially world map travel speed one, but latest patch made it obsolete. Are you planning to update it soon? I had to stop playing because of this...

Back