• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20)

I confirm that now it is working well as far as I can see. Before, version 1.6.0 did not work for most of the changes in this version 1.6.1.

I would like to ask: Do you need to do something to activate something of the mod? I do not clearly understand what the "readme" file means that this must be done with this "//" in the hookmod_settings.h file or / and hookmod_console.c

By the way: the name of the "readme" file should be changed from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

Do you need to do something to activate something of the mod?
The mod should be active by default. You can configure its options in hookmod_settings.h.
I don't remember why hookmod_console.c is used but I think usually you don't need to deal with it :)

In the program folder, there is both a hookmod_settings.h and a hookmod_settings_HOOK.h, does it matter which one i edit to my own preference?

@Out_of_rum,
According to the readme:
I have also included a version of hookmod_settings.h that has my personal settings so people can try them. The big difference is that I've tailored the wind and ship speeds to give the sailing experience I prefer: my ship doesn't often get below 6 knots, usually doesn't go above 12, but with an empty ship and high winds it occasionally hits somewhat higher.

The new file is hookmod_settings_HOOK.h and to use it, simply rename hookmod_settings.h to something else and rename hookmod_settings_HOOK.h to hookmod_settings.h.

In other words, _HOOK one is just his preferences
You need to change hookmod_settings.h to make the changes work

The mod should be active by default. You can configure its options in hookmod_settings.h.
I don't remember why hookmod_console.c is used but I think usually you don't need to deal with it :)

It is understood. Clear as caribean waters. Thanks

Hello @kb31

I just wanted to tell you that they have updated the TEHO to version 1.7.0, when you can update the Hookmod to that version.

Thank you very much.

Hello @kb31

I just wanted to tell you that they have updated the TEHO to version 1.7.0, when you can update the Hookmod to that version.

Thank you very much.
Hi!

Did they actually update the English version too? This is surprising tbh.
I don't have an opportunity to install it atm... could you share stormex2.dll maybe? :)

Hi!

Did they actually update the English version too? This is surprising tbh.
I don't have an opportunity to install it atm... could you share stormex2.dll maybe? :)

Hello.

Of course, it's the least I can do, I leave you the 'stormex2.dll' file in .rar format and also the 'Program' folder of the new English version. I even have the Russian version of that folder...

If you want it in another format I can upload it to Mega.

Attachments

• stormex2.rar
    4 MB · Views: 643
  • program 1.7.0.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 551
Hello.

Of course, it's the least I can do, I leave you the 'stormex2.dll' file in .rar format and also the 'Program' folder of the new English version. I even have the Russian version of that folder...

If you want it in another format I can upload it to Mega.

Thanks, I'll check it.

I uploaded a version for 1.7.0 ENG to the first post.

It turned out there were only two changes. Let's hope I successfully merged them :)
However, I removed translation fixes to avoid a mess with missing strings and integrity fail.
I also removed "sail to" fix because the patched binary was recompiled.

They finally merged Hook's regatta fix, but I really have no idea why they don't just merge the translation changes from the mod.

Anyway, this should work fine...

Thank you very much. I will merge it with the Spanish version.

With the Winmerge it's like playing tennis. On one side the modifications of the Hookmod and on the other the Spanish phrases.

Since there are too many people asking for 1.6.0 version, it's here: Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

Pieter/Mr Hook, please stick this

UPD:
Hook's mod for 1.6.1 can be found here: Notice - Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.6.0

UPD2:
HookMod 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20) attached

Thank you so much for this mod, i am quite a newbie here and not sure how to use the Mods? There used to be a guide how to install and use the mods, but it seems to be gone?I would really appreciate the help from some hardcore pirates out here on the forum :)

I unpacked the mods in the game directory, but not sure how to activate, use them in game?Is there hotkeys or something that i need to press? The one i need the most is Hooks, so I can change the Wind direction!

Any help would be deeply appreciated!!

Thanks Pirates!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi @zenmaster, welcome to the community!

Be sure to check the "readme" documentation (text file) that comes with the mod for install and use instructions. It will usually answer any questions you may have about setting it up and running it. ;)

Hi @zenmaster, welcome to the community!

Be sure to check the "readme" documentation (text file) that comes with the mod for install and use instructions. It will usually answer any questions you may have about setting it up and running it. ;)

I read that file, it explains how to install the mod, but not how to use it in-game?? Feel free to let me know :)

I unpacked the mods in the game directory, but not sure how to activate, use them in game?Is there hotkeys or something that i need to press? The one i need the most is Hooks, so I can change the Wind direction!
I read that file, it explains how to install the mod, but not how to use it in-game?? Feel free to let me know :)
From the README.txt

I added a function to randomize the wind direction when you go to your ship from land. Press the numpad * key or the 6 key (above the letters) to change the wind. You can do this 5 times before you have to return to land to reset the counter. This is to encourage players to use a less than perfect wind direction, which will change every hour while sailing anyway. This can be turned off in hookmod_settings.h.

The same numpad * key/6 key will reset the direction of the wind when you return to your ship from the world map to what it was before you entered the world map, with a normal hourly random change in direction of +/- 22 degrees. This can be done any time after returning to your ship from the world map up to the time the hour changes. This function can be turned off in hookmod_settings.h.

There is a section in the file that explains the mod's features and how to use them, to find it search for "New stuff".

Good luck on the sea! :cheers

Back