• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Keep up the good work Jack. I just make your ship in to different ships in game each time you change them.
me.gif

Oh my goodness, he's at it again... maybe this will be the one, eh Jack? :dance

And it looks like the the stern is FINALLY right! Wonderful job! :warr

I've given Pieter the older model for Patch 6, so we will at least have a decent model while we're waiting, too.

Maybe, after you finished the Surprise, you could also add 3 more cannons on each side on middle-top deck to represent the HMS Providence look too,
hehe don`t take this as a request, HMS Surprise first!

though, anyone know why the POTC Wiki has info that HMS Providence is armed with 80 cannons? 36 maybe, but 80 WTH?

With best regards
Meyer189 :onya

though, anyone know why the POTC Wiki has info that HMS Providence is armed with 80 cannons? 36 maybe, but 80 WTH?
That sounds a bit strange! I guess someone may have confused it with another ship, because 80 is not a simple typo for 36... :facepalm

That sounds a bit strange! I guess someone may have confused it with another ship, because 80 is not a simple typo for 36... :facepalm

I think there was a liner named Providence, probably someone confused the two ships...

And sure, have you got a pic?

Done also the bow:

108dboz.jpg

5vajgx.jpg

Here's a pic of the Providence's deck; you can just about see the six extra cannons right in the middle:

830px-OSTRevealProvidence.jpg

Also, here's a pic of her stern, which shows the different nameplate to HMS Surprise:

HMS_Providence.jpg

Notice a couple of details you've missed just below the cabin, which have always been ignored in past models.
So since this will be the best of the best, it would be nice to be as accurate as possible... ;)

Which reminds me- could you add the nameplate to this model? We've decided we'd like it back again. :cheeky

Ok Armada, i will do it :onya

In this version i added also the nets and the cots at bulwark, what do you think?

149w0ft.jpg

30dkp5t.jpg

Very nice! I'll be especially interested in this ship being transformed into the HMS Providence. That'll be a good thing to show on the ModDB.
More PotC 4 related stuff is bound to attract interested people. :cheeky

About that no problems :onya
I have only to close the deck and change a bit the nets, and obviusly adding guns...

I prefer A, since it looks more vibrant and slightly more blue than black.

Are you trying to make her colours film-accurate, or more like standard RN ships?
For film colours, here's my attempt in Patch 6, using your older model:

[attachment=6525:Movie_Surprise_colours.jpg]

If you prefear i'll release firstly a beta version, that i've already converted, and then, after the last works and fixing the final version...

First in-game photo:

o6llx4.jpg

Yes, a beta version sounds good. At least from that we can see what you have and haven't done. :yes
Do you have a path model yet, or will you need another modeller to do one?
I can certainly make the Sailorspoints file if you want, as well.

For the rigging, be sure to copy the sails and ropes from the Surprise model in Patch 6, if you haven't already.

Back