• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

So it looks like you visited the Rose (HMS Surprise your self Meyer189?
w00t.gif

Hello, no unfortunately these pictures don`t come from me directly, i found hem searching google. but you can bet i wanna go there myself, i have bin in portsmouth visiting HMS Victory once and that was a really "worth-it" side trip, would totally do that again.
if i ever go to san diego tho, i think it has to be a "Must do" to see HMS Rose.

PS. Craiggo - I see that in the Ships.ini at the new ship-pack from Armada, Jack Harrisons Surprise (RN_Surprise) is in it but not "In-Game" i cannot find the Textures or model so i guess it is just in the Txt. any ide on a "Pre-release" for POTC?.
If not is it released for COAS?

With best regards
Meyer189

Unfortunately it is not my decision to release the ship or not for it is not mine it is Jack's and if he is not done with it than i'm sure he will finish her. If he wants me to release what I have then I will. Armada has my work as well as the work I did on the Poseidon and the Raa Frigate and I believe he made those a part of the pack.

The Poseidon is in his Ship Pack, but the Raa frigate files I haven't yet seen.

Talking about HMS Rose in San Diego, about a year ago I was sailing with the Maasdam out of San Diego, so I was there about every month.
We docked pretty much right next to the Maritime Museum there, so I always saw her when I was on the bridge while we were docked.
Then the last time we were there, I had hoped to visit the ship for real, but exactly that time the HMS Rose wasn't there herself.
I strongly suspect that was because she was being used for shooting some scenes on Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides.

The Poseidon is in his Ship Pack, but the Raa frigate files I haven't yet seen.

Talking about HMS Rose in San Diego, about a year ago I was sailing with the Maasdam out of San Diego, so I was there about every month.
We docked pretty much right next to the Maritime Museum there, so I always saw her when I was on the bridge while we were docked.
Then the last time we were there, I had hoped to visit the ship for real, but exactly that time the HMS Rose wasn't there herself.
I strongly suspect that was because she was being used for shooting some scenes on Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides.

Oh, she is being used in the new POTC movie, that i diddn`t know....
.. yea now i am totally off topic here... XD

Best regards
Meyer189 :)

Yep; apparently she's been used as HMS Providence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Surprise_(replica_ship)

Hello,

Not to resurrect a dead topic because i hope this isnt dead...

Any progress on the Surprise?

Kind regards

I've tried to contact Jack Harrison about it, but he hasn't replied yet. :?
Until he can upload his work somewhere, we'll just have to wait.

In the light of Jack's prolonged silence on this ship's progress, it's clear that his latest work won't be ready for Patch 6.
However, everyone has been waiting for this ship for a LONG time, so I suggest we include the next best model. ;)
His second attempt at the Surprise (the first being his Surprise1, which beeped; the third being the current WIP) was largely overlooked, because he quickly announced his even newer one shortly after its release.

So anyway, I've dug out my work on this ship, and also revamped the textures quite a bit, to produce this:

[attachment=6465:Movie_Surprise_bow.jpg] [attachment=6466:Movie_Surprise_stern.jpg]

All she's missing is stay sails, and a slightly adjusted crew walk file, and she's good to go! :dance
What do you think? This would only be temporary until Jack finishes and uploads his most recent model, of course.

Jack Harrison has been pretty easy going about things in the past, and he is having technical difficulties now isn't he? I see no reason not to include this version.

In the light of Jack's prolonged silence on this ship's progress, it's clear that his latest work won't be ready for Patch 6.
However, everyone has been waiting for this ship for a LONG time, so I suggest we include the next best model. ;)
His second attempt at the Surprise (the first being his Surprise1, which beeped; the third being the current WIP) was largely overlooked, because he quickly announced his even newer one shortly after its release.

So anyway, I've dug out my work on this ship, and also revamped the textures quite a bit, to produce this:

[attachment=6465:Movie_Surprise_bow.jpg] [attachment=6466:Movie_Surprise_stern.jpg]

All she's missing is stay sails, and a slightly adjusted crew walk file, and she's good to go! :dance
What do you think? This would only be temporary until Jack finishes and uploads his most recent model, of course.

Thats a beuty Armada!

Eagerly awaiting this release, any date for patch 6 ?

Kind regards

Armada, if you remember, I made rigging and locators for that model so that she had staysails and the like. I also made three new textures for her.
icon_wink.gif

I thought you might have done that at some point... are you sure it was this model, and not Jack's latest one?
I know you worked on that one before it was released for the first time, but we decided it wasn't complete, so he went to work on the model again.

If you do mean the model I posted about above, then could you please remind me where your work is?
There are so many Surprise-related files on the FTP, it's impossible to keep tabs on which is which. :wacko:

Thats a beuty Armada!

Eagerly awaiting this release, any date for patch 6 ?
Cheers, mate. :cheers
Patch 6 is hopefully set for release by the end of the week, as long as I can get all the ships together, and Pieter can tear himself away from LEGO PotC...

I thought you might have done that at some point... are you sure it was this model, and not Jack's latest one?
I know you worked on that one before it was released for the first time, but we decided it wasn't complete, so he went to work on the model again.

If you do mean the model I posted about above, then could you please remind me where your work is?
There are so many Surprise-related files on the FTP, it's impossible to keep tabs on which is which. :wacko:

Yes, I did work on the model that was before the latest. I re-uploaded it to your PoTC FTP folder.

So you did; thanks, Craiggo! I'll get that sorted as soon as possible. ;)

You did a wonderful job with the rigging, mate! Great stuff. :onya
I've made a couple of changes, just moving locators between models, but nothing major.
I'll upload the model, plus the movie-accurate textures, to the FTP. This model is LONG overdue for official release!

The works on it restarted, i'm making a totally new version, more accurate and, if possible, with less poly:

And thank fot the pics ;)

2uzcz6o.jpg

Back