• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Need explanation for a few ship stat

rally9981

Landlubber
Hi guys, i'm trying to modify ship stat in ships_init.c but there are some stat i don't understand what it does. Can you guys explain them?

refShip.sea_enchantment = 1.0;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 28;
refship.WaterLine= 0.5;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 1.3;//boal (how is it different from refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed, and what the hell is "boal"?)

Thx in advance!

PS: i also wonder if there are any ship that take Arabella and Dog of War as their base?

refShip.lowpolycrew = 28;

28 Is the number of 3D characters that run on the ship... you see in 3D view. In this case 28 sailors run around. The other code lines, I'm not 100% certain so I wait for someone else to clear things up.

Thx Joe.

Anyway, i've stumbled into another puzzle and i have little idea what those parameters mean. Can any1 explain those?
NPC_GenerateCharacter("T-800", "skelT", "man", "man2", 55, PIRATE, -1, true); // this is the code to generate terminator as officer
"PIRATE" seem to be Nation, "man" may stand for sex, "skelT" is either models or textures but what "man2", "T-800", "55", "-1" and "true" mean?
PS: "man 2" may link to animation.

PPS: Thx Edmaroon for the PM ^^

Code:
NPC_GenerateCharacter("T-800", "skelT", "man", "man2", 55, PIRATE, -1, true); //

T-800: Name the game looks for when searching for the character.
skelIT: The name of the model in the game files.
man: I believe this determines how people address the character (sir or ma'am) and the height of the character, females are 1.75 and males 1.80.
man2: The animation set the model uses
55: No idea
Pirate: The nationality of the character
-1, true: No idea.

Thx Officerpuppy.
T-800: Name the game looks for when searching for the character. // so can i set it to whatever i want or i have to define it somewhere?

You'll have to define it somewhere.

There will be another file somewhere in which the game will call for that name and if you have it changed to something else, you might end up with some kind of error in the dialog when you interact with the character.

Thx Joe.

Anyway, i've stumbled into another puzzle and i have little idea what those parameters mean. Can any1 explain those?
NPC_GenerateCharacter("T-800", "skelT", "man", "man2", 55, PIRATE, -1, true); // this is the code to generate terminator as officer
"PIRATE" seem to be Nation, "man" may stand for sex, "skelT" is either models or textures but what "man2", "T-800", "55", "-1" and "true" mean?
PS: "man 2" may link to animation.
In /Program/scripts/util.c there is the definition
int NPC_GenerateCharacter(string _id, string _model, string _sex, string _ani, int _rank, int _nation, int _LifeDay, bool _equip)
I guess bool_equip is weather the NPC has to generate equipment or not, which is based on rank

Thx for the help guys! ^^
Man, women really know how to tire me down, whether they are 2D or 3D. Now I only have to check out the model and animation, since there's no way to know what girl_1 or girl_14 looks like until we see it in game. I do hope that after drowning in thousands code line, I can finally generate all kind of ships and officers with whatever stats and equipments I like.

PS: oh, when I checked out the item code, I noticed that there's a parameter called "itm.uniq", but none of the items has it. Does it mean even if it's super rare like shotgun with rarity of 0.00001, i can still find the second shotgun in a chest some days?

PPS: It'd be great if anyone can tell me what the id for Jessika and Angelica face, i can't find them in characters_face.c, lost another 2 hours searching all folders without result...>< . Update: i found them....i should have known they just need textures, not models.

PPPS: as i was wandering around, i found out that there's many unused models such as "pistol8", "Lara Croft"... and some supposed to be used but somehow not, such as "pistol7". I checked in initItem.c and saw it para:
makeref(itm,Items[n]);
itm.id = "pistol7"; //øîòãàí
itm.groupID = GUN_ITEM_TYPE;
itm.name = "itmname_pistol7";
itm.describe = "itmdescr_pistol7";
itm.folder = "items";
itm.model = "pistol7";
itm.picIndex = 16;
itm.picTexture = "ITEMS_8";
itm.shown = 1;
itm.price = 25000;
//ëîæèì â õðàì
itm.shown = 1;
itm.startLocation = "Temple_round";
itm.startLocator = "item1";
As i can see, the folder for models and texture is right but somehow the game still uses the old shotgun model in ......Models\Ammo, not .......Models\Items . Explanation, anyone?

This isn't my area but i think it could be to do with new models been put in to replace the old ones without actually removing the old ones incase we needed to switch back to any of them for what ever reason. Don't quote me on this though because i never worked in this part of the game so i can't say as to how it was before work began there.

There are several unused models, most are left that way in the hope that one day when we can make our own quests, we'll have a pool of fresh faces to use.

As for the weapons, I'd have to see them for myself to jog my memory.

Back