• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] I just got CoAS and I need some input

Peter Blood

Privateer
I have finally digitally downloaded CoAS, and I was wondering if I should play my first round without the mod or if I should download the mod right away. I would also like to know which character is the best to start with.

All characters are the same. The only difference is in the career choice you choose. I believe the options in vanillia are Corsair, Merchant, and Adventurer.

I don't have the stats for them, but some are heavy weapon orientated, others light, etc.

There are some game breaking bugs in vanilla if you want to do all the quests.

My overly simplistic answer would be: why watch black and white when you can have color?

MK

I have finally digitally downloaded CoAS, and I was wondering if I should play my first round without the mod or if I should download the mod right away. I would also like to know which character is the best to start with.
First I've played CoAS without mod. It's fantastic as is.

There are really few bug but if you seach in this forum you should easy find the solution.
To play all CoAS I take many month of real live (there are ton of quest to do).

Now, that I finished CoAS I 've install the GOV mod and restart the game.
With GOF They add many things that make the game much better to see, but for what I can see until now the quest are the same of the original version.
But, if you don't play the original version of the game you can't appreciate the changes of the mod. This is my idea.

The peter blood quest can be really annoying. My men keep revolting, I don't have enough money to repair the Cinco Llagas or buy cargo, I hate boarding, and every nation except France hates me! I also cannot hire very many men in each port. This game is really fun, but darn-near impossible. Is there a cheat mode?

The peter blood quest can be really annoying. My men keep revolting, I don't have enough money to repair the Cinco Llagas or buy cargo, I hate boarding, and every nation except France hates me! I also cannot hire very many men in each port. This game is really fun, but darn-near impossible. Is there a cheat mode?

see this thread for enabling cheat mode in stock game --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13297-reanabling-cheats-aka-debugwindow-in-german-and-uk-version/page__view__findpost__p__319817

Read carefully :yes -- use post 7

Early in the Peter Blood your skills & your officers skills are not high enough to let you use or sail the Cinco Llagas well. Best thing to do if you don't want to sell it - is to give it to an officer and get yourself a lower class of ship ( the officer will then suffer the penalties ) - and your stats should improve which will make everything easier.

:cheers

The reason I kept the Cinco Llagas was mainly because I wanted to keep it for the book's sake, :rofl

I stink at sailing it though, and on a lets play I saw, the guy said the same thing.

In the lets play though he swapped the ship for one of the Schooner's that was chassing him, did he not?

I would most likely have not swapped because a few chainshots with sails set to battle sails or half sails would have allowed me to damage the Schooner's sails enough to escape. But he was playing almost a vanilla copy with just a few mini mods added, and in GOF with realistic damage (aka RTBL) on i would expact it to be much more challanging to escape those Schooner's now because the knipple shots would do less damage than if RTBL was turned off. But i would still not like to part with her, but saying that in GOF you will encounter her at sea, although not very often but it is possible. And you may find her in the shipyard for sale. :yes

Ah, its been a long time since i watched it, it was good though. Hopefully someone does a lets play one day using GOF so then people can see the difference between vanilla and the modded version. :yes

Back