• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Heavy Sloop of War, 1797

Try taking the yard's geometry locator off the mast, and instead attaching it to the yard above it. That way, it should mimic its movements, even without a sail.

ah, sorry about that, it's probably my fault from the original export, i remember i had this problem with the essex for a short time. are the bottom two yards on the mizzen one file? because if they are not, then combining them should fix it. unfortunately i don't have the maya files on my computer here at college, i'll check to see if i put them on dropbox or the ftp at some point.
edit: just apply the windowtrim.tga texture to the headrails/decorations piece and the blue should change to black. that texture is used on the RN version
Edit: found an old maya version of the volage on the ftp. the hull is probably old but the rig should be the same. if someone could just make a file of the bottom two mizzen yards and export it and upload it here that would be great http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Cap...Corvette Volage/Maya files/Corvette Volage.mb

The Black Pearl had that problem. I can't remember if Armada's solution works. What I do remember is making a mini sail inside that yard. That works.

The Pearl is set up as I described above, so I assume it must've worked. :shrug

Or, if you can get Maya to work, you could export it after reversing the normals. Or something like that. I never could figure out Maya.

OK so, I fixed the texture to the one you gave me Captain Armstrong and I fixed the spnaker so it flows with the wind and the cross jack yard now moves with the mizzen topyard. I also made a walkfile for hre.

Anything else before I give you the files?

VolageHull2-1.jpg

NewVolageHull2-1.jpg

Did you make those changes to the stays'ls? Other than that, that's all I could come up with.

Looks great! nice work mate :onya all minor things but do you think you could raise the mizzen t'gallant yard a bit, raise the ensign to the top of the spanker, and make the pennant longer and much thinner? also a bare wood plank texture might look better for the interior of that version.

If I make the stay sails a perfect triangle then they will be smaller and not taller but shorter because of the angel of the stays. :shrug

Here is an example of the stays which I put on her.

victory1-2staysailssquar.jpg

Here are your requests done and done sir.

NewVolageHull2fix.jpg

Great work Craiggo! and fast, too!:dance sorry if there was confusion at all about the staysails, they shouldn't be triangular at all. If you shaped them similarly to how they are on that model, then great:onya

All the fore and aft sails were too small, and there should be a mizzen stays'l instead of a mizzen topmast stays'l.
That would make it one stay lower and trapezoidal.
VolageStep4.jpg

Edit: Heads'l reference:
wasp1.jpg.w560h332.jpg
Reference for main topmast stays'l and mizzen stays'l:
ConstitSailScan.jpg
The main t'gallant stays'l should go down as low as the reeflines on the model's fore tops'l.

Much better! The heads'ls (forward of the foremast) still look very small, though. I'm a little concerned that the rig might appear unbalanced; it may be a good idea to remove the main t'gallant stays'l altogether. It would also improve accuracy if you moved the main topmast stays'l closer to the foremast and slightly further from the mainmast.

I think that what post captain said sounds about right. the sailplan of the wasp does show taller headsails/jibs too. almost there!:)And this is very nitpicky of me, but do you think you could make the end of the pennant about half the height of the base? so it narrows the farther away from the mast it goes?

Looks good to me.
Is there any way we could get the main t'gallant stays'l to furl for battle sails? It wouldn't have been set in those situations.

Back