• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hawk Storyline - Lugger

xseanx69

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Ahoy again filthy pirates!

So, the basic lugger we get in the begining of the Hawk storyline has a weird design.
It's supposed to have 12 guns, except that it has 4. On ship deck, right side has 3 cannons and the left side has 1. No cannons in the front, nor back.
It's height is very high like a Galleon but there are no cannons there either. I wanted to upload pictures, but sadly, my poor brain forgot where to find the pictures I take HAHAHA!!

If you use F8 to take the pictures -- they should be in the folder where your Engine.exe file is. ;)

:doff

Since I seem to be starting a new game almost daily now, I am very familiar with that little ship. In GMViewer, this is what it looks like. I call it Sea Horse because of the painting on the stern and its figurehead. In this view you can not see the rear chasers, but they are there.

So are we kind of suggesting here that it may be time to use a different ship for the standard storyline?
If so, how about the heavy lugger? That's a very nice model! :keith
And, of course, first impressions are important for new players...

Yes and through the game we get the feeling that he is a privateer, leaning towards pirate. So before us, how the hell did he comandeer ships with 23 crew and 3 cannons HAHA?!
exactly like - :piratesahoy!

I'm curious to see what ship Drop O' Rum has. I can not recall an asymmetrical ship in the game.

Change the starting ship? :drunk I vote for Lugger3.

When trying to view the heavy lugger or luggerVML I get access violations when trying to view the reys. Does it have problems or is it just me? :eek:k

When trying to view the heavy lugger or luggerVML I get access violations when trying to view the reys. Does it have problems or is it just me? :eek:k
Lugger 3? I guess that's a CoAS port, judging by the files it has. Personally I prefer the PotC lugger to that one.
I just think that LuggerVML is very highly detailed, and a great way to demonstrate early on in the game the detail some ships possess. :shrug

As for the access violations, you're not alone- I get that on specific LuggerVML reys in GM Viewer too. Bit bizarre. :wacko:

EDIT: @A Drop O' Rum, can't you convert it to JPG, for example, with a photo editing program? Then you could upload them.

Lugger 3? I guess that's a CoAS port, judging by the files it has. Personally I prefer the PotC lugger to that one.
I just think that LuggerVML is very highly detailed, and a great way to demonstrate early on in the game the detail some ships possess. :shrug

As for the access violations, you're not alone- I get that on specific LuggerVML reys in GM Viewer too. Bit bizarre. :wacko:

EDIT: @A Drop O' Rum, can't you convert it to JPG, for example, with a photo editing program? Then you could upload them.

I don't know how! Tried to view it using the regular Windows picture viewer but it says that it can't read the file. but using different viewers I can see the picture.

I just converted a tga pic to jpg in microsoft paint, which comes with windows. I am using win7 and don't know if the version in xp does this also.

Yes, the luggerVML is very detailed, but if it has potential problems do we really want it right at the start of the game? :shrug I have never sailed it, so have no idea if it is ok or not.

I just converted a tga pic to jpg in microsoft paint, which comes with windows. I am using win7 and don't know if the version in xp does this also.

Yes, the luggerVML is very detailed, but if it has potential problems do we really want it right at the start of the game? :shrug I have never sailed it, so have no idea if it is ok or not.

I can't open(convert) the picture in Microsoft paint, it says that it doesn't support that kind of file.
Ok, never mind about that for a minute, the ship has 4 bloody cannons!

About changing the starting ship, maybe a simple Xebec will do? I has allways been a most favoured pirate/privateer vessel. Or, we could try to find the ship that looks like the one in the video, where the French bastards come?

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1284152447' post='378873']

I can't open(convert) the picture in Microsoft paint, it says that it doesn't support that kind of file.

[/quote]

In windows XP -- I use Quicktime PictureViewer to open the TGA files - then copy & paste to Paint and save in Paint as JPEG files.

:yes

Well, it certainly is not a Lugger! As near as I can tell it is a barqem1 deck on a barque1 hull, with some other oddities mixed in. Is that always your starting ship?

Hmm. You stated a while back that you had computer problems. Was it a burnt out PSU? :boom Something has turned your PotC install into scrambled eggs. Probably, a complete re-install from a new download is your best way to address this problem. :j3

Due to ctd's I had to start a new install. Got the heavy lugger ASAP. That ship is too good to be a starter ship. :)) One can look down into the cabin, and even the ship's compass works! :8q Most anything that comes after that will be a disappointment. I got the trade brig also, and while it is a very well detailed ship it is still not up to that standard.

I had actually set the LuggerVML as the Build 13 starting ship before the release, but we decided to restore it back to what it was.
Personally I have nothing against giving the Standard storyline a nice new ship as starting ship.
However, it must be said that Seb did a nice job to make the Lugger1 look a bit nicer than originally.
And eventually we will also have a Customize Character interface where you'll be able to select your own ship for each storyline anyway.

If I recall, the LuggerVML used to have some problems, but those were fixed at some point.
She's got correct 1st person camera, crew on her decks and I think her reverse lighting bug was fixed also.

And PLEASE upload pictures as JPG and not BMP; BMPs are postively HUGE! :shock

A Drop O' Rum! I found your ship! :mi Or at least the deck...... I was at Kralendijk saving Toft's daughter. When I went to the pirate's ship I noticed that it had 3 cannons. Then I noticed other similarities. Somehow your starting ship has one of the generic ship decks in the game.

Pieter, I have noo idea how to convert it into a JPG, thanks to Talisman I barely made it to BMP and uploaded it.
Mikikit, my computer had a virus, except that, it is a brand new computer, gaming computer to say the least, and all the ships are fine except this one.

Due to ctd's I had to start a new install. Got the heavy lugger ASAP. That ship is too good to be a starter ship. :)) One can look down into the cabin, and even the ship's compass works! :8q Most anything that comes after that will be a disappointment.
Argh, you may be right there. I guess I forgot how detailed it was, since I haven't sailed it for... ages.
I must admit, I had no idea about the ship's compass working! :shock

I had actually set the LuggerVML as the Build 13 starting ship before the release, but we decided to restore it back to what it was.
Personally I have nothing against giving the Standard storyline a nice new ship as starting ship.
However, it must be said that Seb did a nice job to make the Lugger1 look a bit nicer than originally.
And eventually we will also have a Customize Character interface where you'll be able to select your own ship for each storyline anyway.

If I recall, the LuggerVML used to have some problems, but those were fixed at some point.
She's got correct 1st person camera, crew on her decks and I think her reverse lighting bug was fixed also.
I agree that Lugger1 looks much better now- I like the 'unicorn theme' based on the emblem on the stern! :onya
Interesting that you mention a Customise Character interface; I didn't think that'd be incorporated in Build 14, because of the storylines.
But I assume it'll be similar to the Build 13 interface? And I guess each storyline will have specific ships to choose from? (else there would probably be quest issues, with cargo space etc.)

@A Drop O' Rum, for file conversion (and a load of useful other features too), I'd highly recommend the 'GIMP', a free 'image manipulation program'. It can load pretty much any image file type, including BMP, and can save them too, including JPG. If you google 'gimp' it's the first one on the list. ;)

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1284230949' post='378934']
Pieter, I have noo idea how to convert it into a JPG, thanks to Talisman I barely made it to BMP and uploaded it.

[/quote]

When you have the file in Paint --- choose Save As --- then below the file name box it says Save As Type --- select the type of file E.g. JPEG

Then give the file a name in File name & save

:cheers

Back