• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hannah - one of the first ships of the US navy

pgargon

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
The Armed Schooner Hannah was one of the first ships of the US navy. She was purchased by George Washington and refitted as an armed schooner to help counter the British navy.
She first sailed in her new guise on September 5th 1775.

Okay, the Hannah traders and pirates are ready to launch into an adventure. :keith

Update 25.Nov 2010
+ Fix reverse lighting bug
+ Completely revised and with new textures.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/Hannah/Hannah_Trader_1.01.rar

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/Hannah/Hannah_Pirat_1.01.rar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eed64PqPUwk

The schooner Hannah is a civilian version with 4x 4 pounder. ;)
But I also have a pirate version to work with a total of 12 guns :cheeky

Nice work pgargon, she is a beauty! :cheers

Oh dear looks like Pgargon has released another ship that needs to be added to CMV3.2, nice one Pgargon. :onya

And there are two version of it. :dance

Update installed both versions of "Hannah" the first called Hannah1 is called Merchant Schooner and works fine apart from the main image and thumbnail, like all ships i add those pictures never show up or have a messed up image. :shrug

The Hannah_P1 however works and is called Light Schooner however the ships name aka Light Schooner doesn't show and i have no idea why that is. I also noticed both Hannah and Hannah_P both use the same TGA file as there main texture file, i don't know if that will course any problems ingame. The game loads and i can use either version of the ship myself but when entering battles if both versions are generated in the same battle that might course problems. I'm not fully sure there, if the TGA file for the Hannah_P could be renamed as that then that would be much better and would then mean any problems could be avioded.

My main problems are 1) why no ship name appearing in the shipyard or after purchasing the Hannah_P. 2) Why are the images and thumbnails not working?

There is no harm whatsoever in the two versions using the same texture names. :no

Oh dear looks like Pgargon has released another ship that needs to be added to CMV3.2, nice one Pgargon. :onya

And there are two version of it. :dance

Update installed both versions of "Hannah" the first called Hannah1 is called Merchant Schooner and works fine apart from the main image and thumbnail, like all ships i add those pictures never show up or have a messed up image. :shrug

The Hannah_P1 however works and is called Light Schooner however the ships name aka Light Schooner doesn't show and i have no idea why that is. I also noticed both Hannah and Hannah_P both use the same TGA file as there main texture file, i don't know if that will course any problems ingame. The game loads and i can use either version of the ship myself but when entering battles if both versions are generated in the same battle that might course problems. I'm not fully sure there, if the TGA file for the Hannah_P could be renamed as that then that would be much better and would then mean any problems could be avioded.

My main problems are 1) why no ship name appearing in the shipyard or after purchasing the Hannah_P. 2) Why are the images and thumbnails not working?

I can upload a new version Hannah_P where their textures have a different name. Please check if there are problems as you say. I myself have not had any problems. :hmm
If someone else has problems so please post here so I can offer a quick solution. :)

Thanks pgargon, but if Pieter say's there will be no problem with ships using the same TGA file then it should be ok. I will test it out to be on the safe side though. Now just to figure out why the ships name for the Hannah_P doesn't work.

Virtually all ships use the common deck.tga.tx file and that doesn't cause any issues either.
That should put your mind at ease, no?

In fact, it's better to reuse textures as much as possible.
For one thing, it decreases the download size and it also means there need to be less textures loaded into the memory while playing the game.

True but in COAS there are 3 hull folders per ship which means every ship or almost every ship has the deck.TGA file in each of there hull folders so rather than using the same file they are using there own file even though its the same file. If it was possible to make it so ships that use the common TGA files such as deck.TGA, Fonor_day and Fonor_night.TGA could be placed in RESOURCE\Textures\Ships and still be used rather than the hull folders then that would drastically reduce the size of the download and have the hull folders only use the TGA files that effect the ships texture if different from one another. That could perhaps be something for the source code team to try and get working, because as it stands at the moment those texture files are whats making the mods so big.

Ah; I see what you mean about the hull folders. Though in that case, both versions will use different files anyway, no?

It'd be rather difficult to make ships use some textures from a subfolder and some from the general folder,
because how to tell the game which texture should be loaded from which folder?
Unless we can add some code to "load from the hull folder, unless it's not there. In that case, load from the general folder".
That might be possible, but would need to be investigated.

To decrease download size anyway, you can just make a batch file to copy files that are the same after the download.
That way, you don't need to add the same file in the download dozens of times.
That's what we did in the PotC Build Mod to a fair extent, though it could be done more still.

Would anyone be able to give this ship a US black-and-white colour scheme so she can be recognized as a US ship in the PotC Build Mod?

Back